OT: Take a vacation and boycott the Jets

1 minute ago, Ian Fleming said:

Absolutely. Hence my personal v team performance caveat. Maybe the chronic underperformance of a team in a prominent media market will drag down league profit enough. Then maybe the league will intercede in “advising” the ownership.

So the last 30 years hasn’t been enough? 

Not “chronic” enough? 

No owner is making Woody sell. Regardless of how bad the product. 

Oh wait, fans forced Dolan to sell the Knicks. You got me. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Unless they have Woody on tape doing something deemed bad (by today’s standards), he’s not selling. 

The stadium will never be empty. No one will ever shut off their TV. 

And even so, this league splits revenues. 

A call for boycotts is childish. Better you take up a collection to buy the team so Woody can at least laugh at your $57 offer. 

We’re in an endless sunk cost fallacy cycle. The Johnsons are at its center.

6 hours ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Please beloved Jets fans, take time off from this season, travel  and have fun. Don't spend a penny more on any Jets tickets, trips, jerseys/merchandise.

Boycott the 2021 NY Jets and save your sanity!

Resized_20211027_122754.thumb.jpeg.d2e9e3fae7ad6a2fb38356b483d2adf2.jpeg

You do you. I will be at every game as long as I am healthy enough to be there.

It is in my blood. Not looking for a pat on the back. Just saying, don't judge me because I am not going to stop going no matter what.

Had a great day today with my son. Great days are the goal. Jets wins would certainly be nice but going to games is in our DNA and that won;'t change.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is in my blood. Not looking for a pat on the back. Just saying, don't judge me because I am not going to stop going no matter what.

Had a great day today with my son. Great days are the goal. Jets wins would certainly be nice but going to games is in our DNA and that won;'t change.

I get this.....

although I have moved away I still watch every damn play of every damn game just like I have  for more years then I want to admit to but some guy named Joe Willie was the qb back then..... 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I told my 2 boys to root for a different team if they ever bothered. My 9 year old Sean decided he likes the Jaguars because for 4 months last year, all he heard was, "Trevor Lawrence is gonna be great for us"! He also reasoned that Jacksonville is in Florida, and he likes Cats.

12 year old Connor said, "Football is boring" , and then we had a 20 minute discussion on "Gray Jedi", Palpatine, why they use swords in Dune, and how he doesn't want to see Thomas and Martha Wayne get shot again in the new Batman movie. 

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I told my 2 boys to root for a different team if they ever bothered. My 9 year old Sean decided he likes the Jaguars because for 4 months last year, all he heard was, "Trevor Lawrence is gonna be great for us"! He also reasoned that Jacksonville is in Florida, and he likes Cats.

12 year old Connor said, "Football is boring" , and then we had a 20 minute discussion on "Gray Jedi", Palpatine, why they use swords in Dune, and how he doesn't want to see Thomas and Martha Wayne get shot again in the new Batman movie. 

FOTY! 

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Unless they have Woody on tape doing something deemed bad (by today’s standards), he’s not selling. 

A call for boycotts is childish. Better you take up a collection to buy the team so Woody can at least laugh at your $57 offer. 

But they do, his racist remarks as ambassador 

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

But they do, his racist remarks as ambassador