Jump to content

Robert Saleh


Jet_Engine1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Decent guy. Seems intelligent,  likeable, and has a marketable image.

 

Its a shame he's a total fraud, and has been exposed as being completely incompetent.  

 

Shane is right. We owe that bug eyed lunatic freak Gase an apology.

 

He may have sucked, and been an unlikable prick...but he was a better Coach than Saleh.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I guess you would have fired Parcels after that first year with the Giants. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys. Bill Walsh 2-14. This roster is very young and riddled with injuries, and there are still 8 games left.  Why not watch at least a season or two before labeling him a total fraud?

All of those coaches had plans. I remember Jimmy Johnson in 1991 after losing to the lions in the playoffs he said “we couldn’t cover the run and shoot, we’re gonna fix that in the off season”. None of those coaches EVER said “I don’t know what happened, I have to look at the film” if their teams stunk they called them out and knew how to fix it.

Do you really think “I don’t know, I’ll look at the film on Monday” is an acceptable response? That means he’s got no answer.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I guess you would have fired Parcels after that first year with the Giants. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys. Bill Walsh 2-14. This roster is very young and riddled with injuries, and there are still 8 games left.  Why not watch at least a season or two before labeling him a total fraud?

The difference, players never quit on these HOF coaches.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s just gross that the fans and media blamed everything on Gase from the second he was hired, but for Saleh he’s getting a pass on literally every aspect despite the fact he’s had exponentially more of a say in who he hires and the players they brought in. Gase inherited Maccagnan’s dumpster fire as it was burning and expected Gase to compete with it. Saleh walks into a clean slate, they add a bunch of players on both sides of the ball, and it’s far and away the worst team in the sport 

I think Darnold deserves a lot of blame too after seeing him with Carolina. I would take this coaching staff 10 times out of 10 over Gase, I couldn't take seeing Gore play as much as he did.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Darnold deserves a lot of blame too after seeing him with Carolina. I would take this coaching staff 10 times out of 10 over Gase, I couldn't take seeing Gore play as much as he did.

Can’t blame Darnold with what’s happening now but agree with your Gase opinion. Saleh and Urlacher have to absolutely have to make adjustments with the defensive scheme or they will be just as bad as Gase in terms of stubbornness in their belief in system which will lead them to get the boot. I do believe talent level on team has been markedly improved but defensive philosophy has to be adjusted as It’s obvious ITS NOT WORKING SO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT DAMMIT 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Decent guy. Seems intelligent,  likeable, and has a marketable image.

 

Its a shame he's a total fraud, and has been exposed as being completely incompetent.  

 

Shane is right. We owe that bug eyed lunatic freak Gase an apology.

 

He may have sucked, and been an unlikable prick...but he was a better Coach than Saleh.

 

 

 

So the entire NFL and fans (some knowledgeable, some not) were 100% wrong/duped? 

Because he was the consensus #1 rookie HC candidate 

Seems like a pretty intelligent guy and I will be giving him this season and 3/4 into next to turn this in the right direction

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BP said:

All of those coaches had plans. I remember Jimmy Johnson in 1991 after losing to the lions in the playoffs he said “we couldn’t cover the run and shoot, we’re gonna fix that in the off season”. None of those coaches EVER said “I don’t know what happened, I have to look at the film” if their teams stunk they called them out and knew how to fix it.

Do you really think “I don’t know, I’ll look at the film on Monday” is an acceptable response? That means he’s got no answer.

Gase did

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Saleh and JD will both get a pass.

After two more losing seasons we will be blowing it all up again. (This team isn’t even close to being good in22)
 

The way of the Jets. 

This is the concerning part, the Jets are SO bad this year that just how much of an improvement can someone reasonably and realistically expect in 2022?   So now we’ll be told yet again that wins don’t matter and it’s all about develop and blah, blah, blah.   
 

It can’t be this bad for this many games this year.   12 of the 16 teams in the AFC are .500 or better this year.  There’s more parity than ever right now and the Jets still look abysmal far more than not.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Darnold deserves a lot of blame too after seeing him with Carolina. I would take this coaching staff 10 times out of 10 over Gase, I couldn't take seeing Gore play as much as he did.

Gase played Darnold and Gore because the alternatives were worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jgb said:

Coulda had a McCarthy. A super bowl winning coach wanted to come here. We blew it over Gregg Williams. Talk about missing a wide open layup.

McCarthy has half a foot in the grave with the most talented offense in the league, but he’d have done well here with Maccagnan and Darnold, for sure!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh is a first time head coach with the youngest roster in the league having the most rookie snaps in the league. They're cutting over to a 4-3 defense after over a decade of being in a 3-4.

Gase was on his second head coaching gig here after being a failure in Miami. His defense was basically on cruise control with a very experienced DC and his offenses, which was supposed to be his prowess, were worse than what we have this year.

Saleh may end up being a trash coach but it's too early to say. This year is foundation building. 

Adam Gase isn't a better coach than my elementary school son. By the way, Saleh as a rookie head coach has already matched the 2020 Gase win total and is about to enter the easy part of his schedule. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team is in an incredibly early stage.
We all just need to show some patience.  


This patience word keeps getting thrown around. How much patience do you expect us to have? Most successful regimes show significant progress in their first year btw. This one actually went backwards. Which is impressive because there was very little room to move backwards.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Decent guy. Seems intelligent,  likeable, and has a marketable image.

 

Its a shame he's a total fraud, and has been exposed as being completely incompetent.  

 

Shane is right. We owe that bug eyed lunatic freak Gase an apology.

 

He may have sucked, and been an unlikable prick...but he was a better Coach than Saleh.

 

 

 

Gase was the worst HC i had ever seen at the time. Gase is lightyears better than Saleh. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Those career years were because of Todd Bowles.  Everyone owes Bowles an apology.

😂😂. Todd Bowles was the worst HC be we've had since Kotite.  He walked into a playoff roster against a weak schedule and couldn't have his team prepared to play against a dead Bills team to get into the playoffs.  If you switch the coaches that day the Jets are in the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It’s just gross that the fans and media blamed everything on Gase from the second he was hired, but for Saleh he’s getting a pass on literally every aspect despite the fact he’s had exponentially more of a say in who he hires and the players they brought in. Gase inherited Maccagnan’s dumpster fire as it was burning and expected Gase to compete with it. Saleh walks into a clean slate, they add a bunch of players on both sides of the ball, and it’s far and away the worst team in the sport 

Because one was in his 4th year, had a QB in his 2nd season, had a track record of failing and the other is a highly thought of but rookie HC learning on the job with the leagues youngest roster and being led by 1st time QBs?  

Throw in for bonus points most didnt want Gase here and hated the hire while everyone wanted Saleh hired.  Pretty much shlt their pants when he was allowed to leave the building without a deal in place.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...