Robert Saleh

Jet_Engine1

How often does that happen anymore?  I honestly can't remember the last time I heard a coach give a real answer to that question.  It's basically a script coaches follow after a loss.  "Not sure.  Gotta' go back and watch the film and make corrections".

How about “You cant motivate an NFL player” Ever heard that one before?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

How often does that happen anymore?  I honestly can't remember the last time I heard a coach give a real answer to that question.  It's basically a script coaches follow after a loss.  "Not sure.  Gotta' go back and watch the film and make corrections".

The first time I ever heard “I don’t know what the problem is or how to fix it” was from Kotite.

I don’t get the watching film answer if you’re wearing a headset (Saleh was) to talk to people upstairs. Wtf are they looking at and wtf is he talking about through the headsets if your hands are soooo tied you have to wait until Monday? 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This dude has millions in the bank, he can't rent a house temporarily and just pay an early lease termination? TF is going on?

Maybe he’s dumber than we think? Or maybe we should have his wife coach the Jets. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BP said:

The first time I ever heard “I don’t know what the problem is or how to fix it” was from Kotite.

I don’t get the watching film answer if you’re wearing a headset (Saleh was) to talk to people upstairs. Wtf are they looking at and wtf is he talking about through the headsets if your hands are soooo tied you have to wait until Monday? 

We have to look at the film is code for "I know who ****ed up.  I'm not going to blow them up in the press."  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

We have to look at the film is code for "I know who ****ed up.  I'm not going to blow them up in the press."  

But that answer was in response to why didn’t you change the coverage to help out a corner who was one on one for 5 consecutive plays lol. I don’t think he’s that smart

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because one was in his 4th year, had a QB in his 2nd season, had a track record of failing and the other is a highly thought of but rookie HC learning on the job with the leagues youngest roster and being led by 1st time QBs?  

Throw in for bonus points most didnt want Gase here and hated the hire while everyone wanted Saleh hired.  Pretty much shlt their pants when he was allowed to leave the building without a deal in place.  

You hated Gase because Manish—who is your thought leader—slimed him and McCarthy all winter in service of his bubby Mike Maccagnan.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You hated Gase because Manish—who is your thought leader—slimed him and McCarthy all winter in service of his bubby Mike Maccagnan.

Actually that’s dead wrong.  I didn’t hate Gase until I saw that he was incompetent.  I was open to giving him a chance.  My mistake.   I stopped paying attention to Manish years before, he’s a POS. 

4 hours ago, BP said:

All of those coaches had plans. I remember Jimmy Johnson in 1991 after losing to the lions in the playoffs he said “we couldn’t cover the run and shoot, we’re gonna fix that in the off season”. None of those coaches EVER said “I don’t know what happened, I have to look at the film” if their teams stunk they called them out and knew how to fix it.

Do you really think “I don’t know, I’ll look at the film on Monday” is an acceptable response? That means he’s got no answer.

OR it's now the information age and anything he says will get nitpicked over the meaning of his response so you say nothing of consequence.

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Why is he still living in a hotel with his wife and 7 kids through the season?

He’s actually suing the contractor who was doing the renovations.   Who buys a house that needed all that work during a pandemic?   Of course there were going to be delays.   By the time this house gets finished, Saleh may be as well.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

EXACTLY Johnny, Woody Johnson is too cheap to hire a real NFL-caliber Head Coach and too stupid to stick up for his team as week after week year after year we watch the zebras **** us over, letting late hits continue on every Jets QB and NOTHING is ever said about it by Johnson. How is it that the Jets are the only team who have had multiple QB's hurt in every year except 3 during Johnson's tenure and one of those years the QB was hurt but they still kept playing him (we saw what happened to Favre at the end of his 1 season here). Yesterday was another perfect example as White was hit late numerous times and nothing was called.  Look at how the officials call the Jets in the 1st Quarter compared to their opponents, starting every series 90 yards away. I'm sick of what the owner's silence has done to "OUR" team, OUR team guys, not his team the Jets are "our team"

Wouldn't be surprised if Woody just didn't want to eat Gregg's contract and tell him "the new head man is going in a different direction. Here's a check for the guaranteed part of your deal. Not bad for a couple months of 'work.' Best of luck to ya."

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s actually suing the contractor who was doing the renovations.   Who buys a house that needed all that work during a pandemic?   Of course there were going to be delays.   By the time this house gets finished, Saleh may be as well.  

Getting some Housewives vibes here. Saleh more celebrity than coach? Everything is off.

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Decent guy. Seems intelligent,  likeable, and has a marketable image.

Its a shame he's a total fraud, and has been exposed as being completely incompetent.  

Shane is right. We owe that bug eyed lunatic freak Gase an apology.

He may have sucked, and been an unlikable prick...but he was a better Coach than Saleh.

Except Gase also sucked, horribly, and was a complete fraud. 

We owe him nothing. 

This "We owe Gase an Apology" meme is one of the worst lies ever on this forum.

Two things can be true at once.  Gase sucked, and so can Saleh.  One doesn't change or mitigate the other.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

So the plan was to be non competitive this season? The plan was to field one of the worst defenses in NFL history? Sorry but I dont buy it.

The plan was to bring in the youngest and newest team in the league, with a rookie QB.  Then teach that same players completely new systems on both sides of the ball.

Sure, they would love to win when they can - but when you go with this much of a youth movement is should be what's expected.  It was never going to be about wins this year.  

Heck, they came out and said that.

Blame the plan if you don't like it, but blaming Saleh at this point is, IMO, ridiculous.

Look, I have no specific affinity for Saleh - but the circumstances he's under are very difficult.  

The plan was to bring in the youngest and newest team in the league, with a rookie QB.  Then teach that same players completely new systems on both sides of the ball.
Sure, they would love to win when they can - but when you go with this much of a youth movement is should be what's expected.  It was never going to be about wins this year.  
Heck, they came out and said that.
Blame the plan if you don't like it, but blaming Saleh at this point is, IMO, ridiculous.
Look, I have no specific affinity for Saleh - but the circumstances he's under are very difficult.  

They did this by design. Just so you know.

Saleh is the coach, not the GM.
The team and circumstances they are in were never expected to win.  

This was the plan. The head coach didnt like the plan? All these terrible players brought in were his doing as well. Or did you forget about the time he compared that hot piece of garbage Sherwood to Fred Warner?

The plan sucked.

Trade our best players for draft capital.  Cut the roster to the bone.  Build through the draft while being cheap on FA's.  Hire a rookie defensive-minded head coach. 

This is a 10 year plan while other teams reboot in 3 years.

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

So now we are firing the HC after half a year??

Why not, do you see ANY improvement? Do you see any fire coming from the Cigar store Wooden Indian that stands cross armed on the sidelines for 4 games straight showing no emotion or making ANY changes or attempts to even try to fix the absolute mess and disgraceful display of so-called professional football play that we've been watching for the past 2 months? Who has been benched/ Who has been signed? Why are we playing guys who should be delivering our UPS packages at TE week after week? Why are our players getting decimated by injuries? Whaat is our training and medical staff doing about it? Yes, the guy should be fired today and somebody else brought in-someone from OUTSIDE this crew that he hired. Do you plan on watching the next 8 games of a team giving up 45 points a game? I see you're probably a season ticket holder, are you fine with spending however much you are forking out for this level of entertainment? I know I certainly wouldn't be.