Robert Saleh

Jet_Engine1

I was balls deep into the Saleh signing. I'm still on board, but I am concerned about the future. I don't like his answers about why he did or didn't do something with regard to game planning or in game adjustments. I am not giving up on Saleh in year one, but I am not seeing what we were sold about him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I was balls deep into the Saleh signing. I'm still on board, but I am concerned about the future. I don't like his answers about why he did or didn't do something with regard to game planning or in game adjustments. I am not giving up on Saleh in year one, but I am not seeing what we were sold about him. 

HauntingDelightfulArcticwolf-size_restri

8 hours ago, BP said:

All of those coaches had plans. I remember Jimmy Johnson in 1991 after losing to the lions in the playoffs he said “we couldn’t cover the run and shoot, we’re gonna fix that in the off season”. None of those coaches EVER said “I don’t know what happened, I have to look at the film” if their teams stunk they called them out and knew how to fix it.

Do you really think “I don’t know, I’ll look at the film on Monday” is an acceptable response? That means he’s got no answer.

I don't want to defend Saleh too strongly here because I've been really unimpressed with him and his staff.

But "the players suck and aren't executing" isn't really something you can say in a post game presser and is likely a large part of why this team is struggling. For his faults he seems like a smart guy and I'm highly skeptical he has no idea what is wrong with this team.

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Is this real? Boy, really screams how confident Saleh is of his staying power. Maybe when Campbell gets fired in Detroit, he'll be moving along....

No reputable sources are reporting it, but there's a story that he bought a house in Morristown and hired contractors for renovations who apparently ripped him off and left the place unlivable.

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No reputable sources are reporting it, but there's a story that he bought a house in Morristown and hired contractors for renovations who apparently ripped him off and left the place unlivable.

My God, that's actually really sh*tty. 

New York has NOT been a good experience for the guy.