I know I’ll get killed for this but…

Viermoo

2 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

The man I'd like to see back as HC would be Mangini, and I'm sure I'd get killed for that as well. This team would at least look prepared. Say what you want about Bellicheat cast off's, but TEN looks like it's in good hands with Vrabel. The others not so much as we've seen, but I don't think Mangini got a fair shake. I think he might have learned something from his 1st attempt.

If he learned something in his first attempt, why did he suck so hard in his second?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Viermoo said:

In the past 25 years we’ve had one coach that produced for us and had players that would run through a wall for him. All we’ve had since are imitators of Bernie in Weekend At Bernies. Rex has basically been staring at us in the face saying “hello. I’m right here!” and we continue to ignore him.

Some of you may hate his bravado but he’s the best coach this franchise has had since Parcells and it’s not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

nothing wrong here

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Vrabel isn't from the BB coaching tree, he never coached under him.

I thought Mangini had promise but he screwed up that 08 season and did a poor job in Cleveland.  He's not getting a third chance

I know he wasn't but he played under Belli...

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If he learned something in his first attempt, why did he suck so hard in his second?

He never had a chance in Cleveland, and also, he was hired right away after he was fired here, he never had time to sit and learn from his mistakes... He proved he was the best talent evaluator we ever had, just look at the squad he left for Rex.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

He never had a chance in Cleveland, and also, he was hired right away after he was fired here, he never had time to sit and learn from his mistakes... He proved he was the best talent evaluator we ever had, just look at the squad he left for Rex.

Maybe you should look at it a little harder.  You are giving him credit as GM and not noticing the sh*tty job he did as coach.  I am not sure why he never had a chance in Cleveland beyond that he sucks.  He did a great job in SF too.  He literally never had a team better than 12th in points or yards on D.  Mangenius indeed.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BP said:

Hey Parcells is a consultant in Cleveland lol  but he would never come work for woody Johnson. Gee, I wonder why?

Based on Parcells ego I'm guessing even Woody wouldn't have enough $$$ to keep him happy, before he rode off again as an almost white knight.  

8 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

The man I'd like to see back as HC would be Mangini, and I'm sure I'd get killed for that as well. This team would at least look prepared. Say what you want about Bellicheat cast off's, but TEN looks like it's in good hands with Vrabel. The others not so much as we've seen, but I don't think Mangini got a fair shake. I think he might have learned something from his 1st attempt.

Here is my dream team.  Mangini as director of player personnel & draft (build on character), Tanny as the capologist and contract guy.  Rex as HC/DC backed up by a stud OC that is also the assistant HC. 

54 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This is not true as they never finished below 11th in total defense during Rex's tenure.  

Please, countless too many men on the field or not enough men on the field in the red zone defense consistently after pettine left. I’m not sure if you can find those stats but I can’t forget the dumb coaching job that was being done.

he took the 3rd ranked defense in the league (the bills) and turned it into sh*t. 

Rex loved him some stats

Hey here's an idea!

Let's just get the whole conglomerate and have a HC by committee approach!? What do ya say!?

Let's get the Mangenius, Sexy Rexy, The Herminator, Sleepy Todd Bowles, and Crazy Eyes Adam Gase to supply the really good yellow rock cocaine!!!

We can bring back a few assistants as well such as The Hobbit, the running back coach with the awesome Papa Smurf beard, anybody named Dick Curl the clock watcher, and that awesome Offensive Coordinator who we fired immediately for being successful!!

Yay!

Hell let's throw in Chad Pennington cuz he talks really slow and coaches High School football and still has the same haircut since 1981.

Don't forget our former psychopath DC who was paying guys $5,000 to break the opposing players knees. Yep we'll need him in the mix. Along with Joe Willie who after a few Scotches, will make sure he brings a Pinata to your kids Bar Mitzvah!!

Broadway!!!

We wouldn't have it any other way!

Unfortunately for years the guy sitting right under our nose who just might have straightened this ship out was Mike Westoff! He never got a sniff.

That ship has long since sailed.

BTW..

I'll take Saleh over Rex Ryan by KO in round 3 on celebrity boxing.

I don’t get the hate Rex Ryan gets around here. It obviously didn’t end great. But he’s easily the best coach that we’ve had in my lifetime (33 years). 2 back to back afc championships with mark sanchez is a coaching miracle and the highlight of my fandom.

have we even made the playoffs since Rex left 8 years ago?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don’t get the hate Rex Ryan gets around here. It obviously didn’t end great. But he’s easily the best coach that we’ve had in my lifetime (33 years). 2 back to back afc championships with mark sanchez is a coaching miracle and the highlight of my fandom.

have we even made the playoffs since Rex left 8 years ago?

I don't  know about the best coach, but he was certainly the most entertaining, and exciting for a few years.

11 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Not to mention, Mangini gave the Browns 2 of their best drafts of that decade. Both of which produced Joe Haden and Joe Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BP said:

Please, countless too many men on the field or not enough men on the field in the red zone defense consistently after pettine left. I’m not sure if you can find those stats but I can’t forget the dumb coaching job that was being done.

he took the 3rd ranked defense in the league (the bills) and turned it into sh*t. 

Rex loved him some stats

I mean that is how you objectively measure performance. You can twist them all day but he's right. Rex's defence had a pretty high floor even at the worst of times. The Buffalo situation was always a terrible fit and the ego's on the front 4 didn't like him mixing it up. Bunch of bitches. 

We are 32nd in yards and in points. We are immeasurably worse than any Rex Ryan defence right now. That is undeniable. Rex made the Jets considerably better in year one and Saleh has made us so much worse. Rex is right - The comparisons are insulting. 

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I mean that is how you objectively measure performance. You can twist them all day but he's right. Rex's defence had a pretty high floor even at the worst of times. The Buffalo situation was always a terrible fit and the ego's on the front 4 didn't like him mixing it up. Bunch of bitches. 

We are 32nd in yards and in points. We are immeasurably worse than any Rex Ryan defence right now. That is undeniable. Rex made the Jets considerably better in year one and Saleh has made us so much worse. Rex is right - The comparisons are insulting. 

Who’s comparing them? Lol if you want Rex that’s fine, maybe we’ll sign Tebow again to be his secret weapon on (1) down in each series so the qb has only 1 out of 2 chances to get a first down instead of 1 out of 3. (Another brilliant Rex decision in 2012 that really really helped Sanchez out)

you’re like 25, right? So you were like 12 when Rex was coach, so I get it. That’s your last memory of success (2009-2010). But 2011-2014 was a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces. And of all people idiot Bowles and fitzmagic turn that roster into 10-6.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:32 AM, 68JET11 said:

Based on Mangini's 2nd attempt in Cleveland, I'd say he learned nothing from his 1st attempt.

But I do think Mangini had a good head on his shoulders as to how to put a football team together. He just failed in that whole leader of men thing because he could never drop that tough guy façade he thought he needed to coach in the NFL. The guy never met a stupid rule with an inflexible overly harsh penalty he didn't like. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Based on Mangini's 2nd attempt in Cleveland, I'd say he learned nothing from his 1st attempt.

But I do think Mangini had a good head on his shoulders as to how to put a football team together. He just failed in that whole leader of men thing because he could never drop that tough guy façade he thought he needed to coach in the NFL. The guy never met a stupid rule with an inflexible overly harsh penalty he didn't like. 

I get it, but as I said in rebuttal to the same argument, Mangini never got a chance to sit and learn, he was hired right from the JETS to the Browns. Then he was basically blackballed after that. I don't know what kind of coach he would make today, however I do know that he was our best talent evaluator going.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, BP said:

Who’s comparing them? Lol if you want Rex that’s fine, maybe we’ll sign Tebow again to be his secret weapon on (1) down in each series so the qb has only 1 out of 2 chances to get a first down instead of 1 out of 3. (Another brilliant Rex decision in 2012 that really really helped Sanchez out)

you’re like 25, right? So you were like 12 when Rex was coach, so I get it. That’s your last memory of success (2009-2010). But 2011-2014 was a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces. And of all people idiot Bowles and fitzmagic turn that roster into 10-6.

I mean is that not what we're talking about? This decade has made me appreciate Rex all the more. Even his darkest days never sank this low. 

I'm 31 lol. 

2011-2014 was the god damn 85 bears compared to the sh*t we're seeing now. Our seasons were actually competitive through 8 weeks. We weren't looking at draft prospects before Halloween. Even in his worst season we would play teams tough, our losses weren't all blowouts that make you ponder your own existence. 

On 11/15/2021 at 4:38 AM, Viermoo said:

In the past 25 years we’ve had one coach that produced for us and had players that would run through a wall for him. All we’ve had since are imitators of Bernie in Weekend At Bernies. Rex has basically been staring at us in the face saying “hello. I’m right here!” and we continue to ignore him.

Some of you may hate his bravado but he’s the best coach this franchise has had since Parcells and it’s not even close.

Fans like you are the whole reason Rex is still doing his clown show schtick. He'll never coach in the NFL again.

• Post of the Week 1

On 11/15/2021 at 4:38 AM, Viermoo said:

Rex was great with someone else's roster. He broke the Jets down and ran them into the ground. His mouth was embarrassing as were his blowout losses in yrs 4 and 5. I miss 09 and 10 just like the rest of, but can we stop making this guy a great coach because he was not. 

it's just time to move on from rex.  he had his good points and he had his bad.. it's not like he fielded a juggernaut at any time.  they came close but he also had a number of key vets that really knew their jobs and made plays.  those guys left and they weren't replaced.  rex had too much sway in the draft room and picked some real doozies.