Jump to content

I know I’ll get killed for this but…


Viermoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

The man I'd like to see back as HC would be Mangini, and I'm sure I'd get killed for that as well. This team would at least look prepared. Say what you want about Bellicheat cast off's, but TEN looks like it's in good hands with Vrabel. The others not so much as we've seen, but I don't think Mangini got a fair shake. I think he might have learned something from his 1st attempt.

Vrabel isn't from the BB coaching tree, he never coached under him.

I thought Mangini had promise but he screwed up that 08 season and did a poor job in Cleveland.  He's not getting a third chance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

The man I'd like to see back as HC would be Mangini, and I'm sure I'd get killed for that as well. This team would at least look prepared. Say what you want about Bellicheat cast off's, but TEN looks like it's in good hands with Vrabel. The others not so much as we've seen, but I don't think Mangini got a fair shake. I think he might have learned something from his 1st attempt.

I'd be okay with this too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BP said:

This
 

People quickly forget how great Rex was from 2011-2014. The team didn’t show up and got blown out on a National tv Saturday game against the Giants in 2011 down the stretch and wound up losing out. Also, He was lucky to make the playoffs in 2009.

Also After Pettine left Rex’s defense’s were awful

And who could forget his legendary Gatorade bath and speech in Miami in 2013 to secure a legendary 8-8 season of mediocrity and save his job. 
 

Greatest Jets coach ever

 

:rl: 

8 and 8 with a ROOKIE Geno Smith as qb and a crap roster......

Actually was a legendary coaching job considering the circumstances 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

8 and 8 with a ROOKIE Geno Smith as qb and a crap roster......

Actually was a legendary coaching job considering the circumstances 

How’d he do in 2014? Legendary Rex and what that idiot Bowles did with the roster the next year with….fitz magic? :rl: 

indeed legendary 

 

edit: he got Sanchez hurt trying to win a very important pre season game too in 2013

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who's to blame? Easy; Robert Wood Johnson and his inability to learn over a generation on HOW to become an owner, and not simply just a stockholder of an NFL franchise. His INABILITY to hire a real NFL-caliber Head Coach for the team and only supposed up-and-coming defensive coordinators is the reason for this teams continued failures-ONE of the reasons. Do you guys realize that he's only been able to hire ONE head coach who previously had the job AS a head coach, and that guy had just been fired from Miami, Adam Gase. Case closed and I won't even go into the whole "why can't the Jets sign any top their Free agents?" (Because he's cheap).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He had better players.  I hate to use baseball as reference and I'm going way back in time because I'm old.  Casey Stengel was  great as manager with the Yanks and horsesh*t with the Mets...why?  Hall of fame players with the Yanks.  Using football as a reference, Belichick with the Browns...it's all about the players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Vrabel isn't from the BB coaching tree, he never coached under him.

I thought Mangini had promise but he screwed up that 08 season and did a poor job in Cleveland.  He's not getting a third chance

The thing about trees is that they get to claim credit for all of the branches or fruit regardless of whether or not those branches came from the main truck or from other branches.

Vrabel was widely viewed as a coach on the field during his playing days and like it or not he is fruit from that tree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Viermoo said:

In the past 25 years we’ve had one coach that produced for us and had players that would run through a wall for him. All we’ve had since are imitators of Bernie in Weekend At Bernies. Rex has basically been staring at us in the face saying “hello. I’m right here!” and we continue to ignore him.

Some of you may hate his bravado but he’s the best coach this franchise has had since Parcells and it’s not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

People keep talking about skinny rex like he was fat rex. Fat rex is dead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The thing about trees is that they get to claim credit for all of the branches or fruit regardless of whether or not those branches came from the main truck or from other branches.

Vrabel was widely viewed as a coach on the field during his playing days and like it or not he is fruit from that tree.

But he wasn't in coaches meetings with BBs staff.  He isn't trying to be BB like so many of the others.  He learned under different coaches and I'm sure learned as a player under BB but that's very different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nyjunc said:

But he wasn't in coaches meetings with BBs staff.  He isn't trying to be BB like so many of the others.  He learned under different coaches and I'm sure learned as a player under BB but that's very different.

Saying he is not from the Belichick tree does not pass the smell test, sorry.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Viermoo said:

 

In the past 25 years we’ve had one coach that produced for us and had players that would run through a wall for him. All we’ve had since are imitators of Bernie in Weekend At Bernies. Rex has basically been staring at us in the face saying “hello. I’m right here!” and we continue to ignore him.

 

Some of you may hate his bravado but he’s the best coach this franchise has had since Parcells and it’s not even close.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Won't kill you for it but Rex is not the answer. He is good for a short term and a team that is close on talent. That is simply not the Jets.

We don't like the reality but the rest of this year is for the development of the young guys and hopefully some show promise. It is also critical for the coaching staff to mature and hopefully correct their mistakes. While there might be some changes, Coach Saleh and Lafleur are not going anywhere. The DC could be a sacrifice if it does not improve.

To me the most critical person is JD. He has 4 relatively high picks in the first 2 rounds and simply can't miss on any of them. He also needs to take a good look at some of the high picks over the past few years and determine if they are relevant  to the future.

For those reading this and saying blah blah blah, we keep on hearing this and nothing changes - you are absolutely correct - I wish there was an alternative. I just don't see it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's fine to credit Rex for the couple of good years they had here, but he was given plenty of time and had the team completely fall apart on his watch, and all of the claims of what he was so good at were all completely gone by then.  He then went on to be a total failure in Buffalo, before being driven out of the league entirely.  Yes, the team has continued to fail with its choices since then, but just repeating the least offensive of the failures is hardly a winning formula.  By that logic, you could just as easily argue for bringing back Herm, considering the team got to the playoffs even more times under him, but I can't imagine anyone would seriously be on board with that nonsense.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's fine to credit Rex for the couple of good years they had here, but he was given plenty of time and had the team completely fall apart on his watch, and all of the claims of what he was so good at were all completely gone by then.  He then went on to be a total failure in Buffalo, before being driven out of the league entirely.  Yes, the team has continued to fail with its choices since then, but just repeating the least offensive of the failures is hardly a winning formula.  By that logic, you could just easily argue for bringing back Herm, considering the team got to the playoffs even more times under him, but I can't imagine anyone would seriously be on board with that nonsense.

@Sperm Edwards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Saying he is not from the Belichick tree does not pass the smell test, sorry.

No, quite the opposite.  No one else is ever talked about as part of a "coaching tree" based on solely someone they played a portion of their career under, but never once coached a single day with.  It's just become a desperate attempt to credit Belichick, given how much of a colossal failure everyone else who has ever coached under him has been with their head coaching opportunities.

Even if suddenly going by that new logic, he still played under Cowher first, so I guess that's the coaching tree he falls under now?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

No, quite the opposite.  No one else is ever talked about as part of a "coaching tree" based on solely someone they played a portion of their career under, but never once coached a single day with.  It's just become a desperate attempt to credit Belichick, given how much of a colossal failure everyone else who has ever coached under him has been with their head coaching opportunities.

Even if suddenly going by that new logic, he still played under Cowher first, so I guess that's the coaching tree he falls under now?

No Belichick fan here.  Quite the opposite in fact.  Much as it hurts to say it i think he gets to credit for at least some of Vrable's successes as much as i would like for it not to be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Viermoo said:

 

In the past 25 years we’ve had one coach that produced for us and had players that would run through a wall for him. All we’ve had since are imitators of Bernie in Weekend At Bernies. Rex has basically been staring at us in the face saying “hello. I’m right here!” and we continue to ignore him.

 

Some of you may hate his bravado but he’s the best coach this franchise has had since Parcells and it’s not even close.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

For the NY Jets?  It 100% Rex > Parcells - not really close.  Rex was ride or die, bled the green and white.  Parcells was a mercenary who ruined the team and created the evil empire in New England.  This isnt even up for debate.  

  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...