Whats the deal with the pro Zack Wilson people?

TerrapinJet

I've seen a ton of people on youtube and here gloating that they were "right".   Something like "See, Mike White sucks you idiots. Z Wilson is obviously the guy, that was never in question unless youre an idiot?"   I dont get this. 

Mike White sucks. Granted.  But what has Z Wilson done to show hes the "the guy"?   If White sucks....Wilson is......well i dont know but he clearly sucks as well.   Thoughts?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing is clear. Mike White doesn’t necessarily suck, he just got crushed by #1 defense in league. Not making weapons excuse but the line struggled and his suppose #1 receiver was pretty lacking. This was Mikes Whites “ ghost game.” People seem to forget that he started the year with as many NFL playing minutes and starts as Zach Wilson. 

Zach doesn’t necessarily suck either, he’s a rookie who has taken his lumps and then some. The next time we see Zach play we need to see he learned a couple things while out, namely taking what the defense gives you until they take it away then take that! 

This is all potential and I’m honestly just saying this because I finished a couple nice breakfast tacos so feeling good. I think the difference we will eventually see is Mike White can take what the defense gives but not ready to adapt when they take that away, namely the quick short game. 

The only reason to be optimistic about Zach is he very possibly may be able to adapt to the defense taking the short game away. Yet, he hasn’t proven to have the patients and accuracy to excel  on the short yardage game  yet. That’s what we need to see next.

So to answers the question Zach may be able to adapt better to the long medium game  after the short game provided he can master the short game. Zach may have a better second gear but has to learn how to drive in first before that matters .

People online or anywhere acting like it’s a foregone conclusion are simply wrong. 

I had breakfast tacos this morning too. Epic. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

I've seen a ton of people on youtube and here gloating that they were "right".   Something like "See, Mike White sucks you idiots. Z Wilson is obviously the guy, that was never in question unless youre an idiot?"   I dont get this. 

Mike White sucks. Granted.  But what has Z Wilson done to show hes the "the guy"?   If White sucks....Wilson is......well i dont know but he clearly sucks as well.   Thoughts?

Five.

Games.

Into.

His.

Career.

Holy. *******. sh*t.

The internet.

I'm gonna go pop a hot pocket in a microwave and tell people I'm a decent cook. What a time to be alive.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

Both of them had eerily similar stats in the second full games of their nfl careers. White may have actually played better against a better defense.

How about we compromise: neither is better than the other - they both suck equally.

Zach’s 2nd career full game played: 57%, 210 yards, 0 TDs, 4 ints, 4 sacks

Mike’s 2nd career full game played: 54%, 251 yards, 0 TDs, 4 ints, 1 sack

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

In my opinion, we are simply failing Quarterback at an alarming rate. There is such a thing as damaged goods. Some teams fail a quarterback so badly at the beginning of their career to the point that they cannot be fixed. The Jets are one of those teams.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Without a brain dissection it's pure speculation.  

Actually it’s not. Wilson is naturally aggressive and wants to push the ball downfield, so he holds it longer than White. That’s the basic difference. A good coach can get him to get him to take what the defense gives him more without losing his aggression 

• Upvote 1

This isn’t rocket science 

When you see dudes jumping out the window calling White the next Brady and fantasizing about trade packages for Zach you have to laugh. When you are telling people White killed Cincinnati with 1000 paper cuts and they get angry and bash you for calling it like it is…

Its only right to rub in the I told you sooo’s when white falls flat on his face - LIKE MANY OF US SAID HE WOULD 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Both of them had eerily similar stats in the second full games of their nfl careers. White may have actually played better against a better defense.

How about we compromise: neither is better than the other - they both suck equally.

Zach’s 2nd career full game played: 57%, 210 yards, 0 TDs, 4 ints, 4 sacks

Mike’s 2nd career full game played: 54%, 251 yards, 0 TDs, 4 ints, 1 sack

i accept your terms. :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Mike White likes to throw short passes in the middle of the field, the Bills took that away and forced him to throw outside the numbers and downfield. He looked bad doing that. White looks like a capable backup, however my biggest concern is that he gets hurt almost every game he plays. 

That interception that pinned the Bills at the 1 yd line was one of the worst throws I've ever seen. Great punt, though.

Christ are you people serious?????? Small sample size from white 

UMM YOU PEOPLE DO REALIZE THIS IS A DUDE WHO HAS BEEN A BACKUP AND CUTT FROM ANOTHER TEAM BEFORE!

WTF WE KNOW WHAT MIKE WHITE IS!! - NOTHING MORE THAN A BACKUP

Christ ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Let go of the white train it’s ova people 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I get that, but people act like White has reached his ceiling and this is who he is.  He has a lot of room for growth. 

Ok, pump the breaks. I have supported  White big time but he is not the future.  The guy with the highest  ceiling is Wilson and he is the one we need to see growth out of. White can play, there is no doubt and he  can learn to play better and be a good QB but this team needs to see growth out of Wilson. We are not invested in Mike White the same way we are in Zach. 

• Post of the Week 1