Whats the deal with the pro Zack Wilson people?

TerrapinJet

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Actually it’s not. Wilson is naturally aggressive and wants to push the ball downfield, so he holds it longer than White. That’s the basic difference. A good coach can get him to get him to take what the defense gives him more without losing his aggression 

Well Saleh pointed out in a presser rhat Zach needs to learn to play boring. Haven't  seen Zach take that to heart. 

It is too early on a Monday for this...  our season is primarily about one thing, developing the QB.  The roster went into the season with one player voted into the players vote top 100.  Anyone surprised that a team with a lack of top tier talent, depth, coaching experience would struggle in the first half of the season is wishful thinking.

The schedule is a little lighter going forward and hopefully the last three weeks have given Zach the time he probably needed to begin the year.

Anymore Mike White debates are pointless. He is not part of this team's winning future.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

Actually it’s not. Wilson is naturally aggressive and wants to push the ball downfield, so he holds it longer than White. That’s the basic difference. A good coach can get him to get him to take what the defense gives him more without losing his aggression 

The difference between manslaughter and have a nice day is natural aggression.  

1 hour ago, TerrapinJet said:

I've seen a ton of people on youtube and here gloating that they were "right".   Something like "See, Mike White sucks you idiots. Z Wilson is obviously the guy, that was never in question unless youre an idiot?"   I dont get this. 

Mike White sucks. Granted.  But what has Z Wilson done to show hes the "the guy"?   If White sucks....Wilson is......well i dont know but he clearly sucks as well.   Thoughts?

Because only idiots would NOT root for the #2 pick in the draft to succeed and be willing to give the rookie more than 4/5 games. Imagine the Jags giving up on Trevor Lawrence after 8 bad games. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This isn’t rocket science 

When you see dudes jumping out the window calling White the next Brady and fantasizing about trade packages for Zach you have to laugh. When you are telling people White killed Cincinnati with 1000 paper cuts and they get angry and bash you for calling it like it is…

Its only right to rub in the I told you sooo’s when white falls flat on his face - LIKE MANY OF US SAID HE WOULD 

Why did some Jets fans get angry when other Jets fans were happy that Mike White killed Cincy with a 1,000 paper cuts?

I think this is the part the OP is getting at. I’ll never understand it either.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This isn’t rocket science 

When you see dudes jumping out the window calling White the next Brady and fantasizing about trade packages for Zach you have to laugh. When you are telling people White killed Cincinnati with 1000 paper cuts and they get angry and bash you for calling it like it is…

Its only right to rub in the I told you sooo’s when white falls flat on his face - LIKE MANY OF US SAID HE WOULD 

Most of the dudes calling Mike White the next Tom Brady were doing it tongue in cheek.   Most of the dudes reacting to it were too stupid to realize it.  There were other dudes doing it because they think Zach sucks.  While I love Zach and don't think he sucks to date he has played like he sucks.  I'm a dude who think Zach might be good at some date in the future but sadly he has sucked to date.  Dude no dudes where jumping out windows.  Dudes where happy we finally got a glimpse of competent QB play dude.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Most of the dudes calling Mike White the next Tom Brady were doing it tongue in cheek.   Most of the dudes reacting to it were too stupid to realize it.  There were other dudes doing it because they think Zach sucks.  While I love Zach and don't think he sucks to date he has played like he sucks.  I'm a dude who think Zach might be good at some date in the future but sadly he has sucked to date.  Dude no dudes where jumping out windows.  Dudes where happy we finally got a glimpse of competent QB play dude.

Dude.

But yeah.

• Upvote 1

mike whiteis a jag who sucks he had one nice game and folks wanted to crown him and abandon the guy Joe said was our franchise QB and used a high pick to get-Wilson may suck too but based on the draft capital used to get him you have to give him time. The worst look for the Jets and Joe's coach- they were ready to jump off the Wilson train after a jag had one good game. The fact that Joe and our sh*tty ass coach did not 100% back Wilson shows how clueless they are. A real coach and a real gm would say Mike White had a nice game that is why he is here but our QB is 100% Wilson. If white strung together 8-10 good games in a row then after the season you can say next year will be an open competition or something to that effect.

Just now, Larz said:

I’ll take that to mean you conceded the point. Have a great day 

Natural aggression has zero to do with competent QB play any more than natural caution.  Human beings can overcome both because they have highly developed prefrontal cortex.  Of course under stress chemicals are released that can change that. 

Some people were taken aback by how much different the offense looked with Mike White under center and thought Zach needed more time to learn on the bench.....the result of that was Zach fanboys getting triggered and gaslighting about the reasons for Zach looking like he doesn't belong on the field.   It's the same group of people who got triggered every time you disagreed with a move Joe Douglas made over the summer.   Homers and fanboys looking for their next savior and getting way too emotional over football disagreements started rooting against White because it made Wilson look bad.   ZaCH WiLSon Is OUr FutuRE BRO He MUst StART RIGHT NOW!

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Why did some Jets fans get angry when other Jets fans were happy that Mike White killed Cincy with a 1,000 paper cuts?

I think this is the part the OP is getting at. I’ll never understand it either.

I honestly don’t think anyone was mad that  fans were happy that white killed Cincinnati with 1000 paper cuts it’s more of the fact that  to take that one game and crown him was comical. 

A dude literally typed out after the Cincinnati game : “it’s clear that white is the better QB between him and Wilson” - Nonsense like that is what trigged many of us. 

• Upvote 1

What do you mean what’s the deal?

We just made this kid the highest drafted Jets QB since Namath and a good sized portion of the fanbase wants to throw him on the garbage pile after less than 5 games.

All for a dude who wasn’t even expected to be on the roster 2 1/2 months ago and seemingly can’t complete a pass beyond 15 yards.

Zach Wilson has the potential to be a legitimate franchise QB for 15 years. Mike White has the potential to be a serviceable backup.

Simple stuff, really.

• Upvote 2

if I was Wilson I would be like oh so now you are back on my side huh -Joe u are a fat slob who is maybe the worst gm the jets have ever had and the sooner you get the F out o f here and take your sh*tty ass coach with you only then I may have a chance 

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because only idiots would NOT root for the #2 pick in the draft to succeed and be willing to give the rookie more than 4/5 games. Imagine the Jags giving up on Trevor Lawrence after 8 bad games. 

I can't but I can imagine them turning on Meyer.   It might actually be a good idea.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I honestly don’t think anyone was mad that  fans were happy that white killed Cincinnati with 1000 paper cuts it’s more of the fact that  to take that one game and crown him was comical. 

A dude literally typed out after the Cincinnati game : “it’s clear that white is the better QB between him and Wilson” - Nonsense like that is what trigged many of us. 

dumb fans did this as did our dumb gm and coach after one game talking about how he has a chance to take the job after investing a freaking top pick on wilson 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This is Jetfandom 

Jump out the window and crown Mike white after one game then call anyone stupid who didn’t “realize the sarcasm”, when he inevitably fails… wow

Could you imagine the narratives the “tongue and cheek” ones would be pushing today has Mike White lit up Buffalo???? 

?????

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is Jetfandom 

Jump out the window and crown Mike white after one game then call anyone stupid who didn’t “realize the sarcasm”, when he inevitably fails… wow

Could you imagine the narratives the “tongue and cheek” ones would be pushing today has Mike White lit up Buffalo???? 

?????

In your case I felt it was only right to rub it in. 

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

if I was Wilson I would be like oh so now you are back on my side huh -Joe u are a fat slob who is maybe the worst gm the jets have ever had and the sooner you get the F out o f here and take your sh*tty ass coach with you only then I may have a chance 

It's a little early to be drinking bro.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This is pretty much it....then the weirdos made every excuse why Mike White was able to run the offense competently and Zach didn't...The game plan is different, the OC is calling the game from a box, on and on and on.  Not sure why there was so much hysteria around Mike White starting a few games then ending the season with Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

Sounds like you just described Zach Wilson too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

One is a 4th year QB and the other is a top rookie prospect.  One is a 5th round draft pick the other a 2nd overall pick.  
How is this confusing to people.  MW was never going to the starter here or anywhere.  ZW is the starter.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TerrapinJet said:

I've seen a ton of people on youtube and here gloating that they were "right".   Something like "See, Mike White sucks you idiots. Z Wilson is obviously the guy, that was never in question unless youre an idiot?"   I dont get this. 

Mike White sucks. Granted.  But what has Z Wilson done to show hes the "the guy"?   If White sucks....Wilson is......well i dont know but he clearly sucks as well.   Thoughts?

Because Mike White playing well (again) would utterly decimate the Darnold errr I mean Wilson excuse of "No one could possibly succeed with this coaching and supporting cast therefore, Wilson is secretly good."

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The problem here is that some of you think WIlson is a Lawrence level prospect when he's really Justin Fields or Trey Lance...both those teams started other QBs to start the season which is what the Jets should have done because he clearly wasn't ready the first time around and it would have avoided all this ridiculousness....most people just thought it was a better idea to go with the guy who's competent for the time being and let Zach watch for awhile.

Just now, undertow said:

The problem here is that some of you think WIlson is a Lawrence level prospect when he's really Justin Fields or Trey Lance...both those teams started other QBs to start the season which is what the Jets should have done because he clearly wasn't ready the first time around and it would have avoided all this ridiculousness....most people just thought it was a better idea to go with the guy who's competent for the time being and let Zach watch for awhile.

Trey lance didn't play last year so he needed some time. Fields and Lawrence and Jones AND Wilson should all have been starting week 1. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Trey lance didn't play last year so he needed some time. Fields and Lawrence and Jones AND Wilson should all have been starting week 1. 

You just proved my point....all this hysteria is about "Zach Wilson must be on the field NOW"  that's all this is about.  It's dumb guy stuff.

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because Mike White playing well (again) would utterly decimate the Darnold errr I mean Wilson excuse of "No one could possibly succeed with this coaching and supporting cast therefore, Wilson is secretly good."

Five

Games

If you would have written Darnold off after five games you still would have been wrong because the premise was wrong. Just because it would have turned out correct doesn't make a difference.

• Upvote 1