White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

Wilson

Hell, I’d start Flacco over White.

I said it on Halloween when White had his big game against Cincy. It meant nothing. Even Geno that day went out and completed like 90% of his passes and 2 TD’s in a win for Seattle.

Any NFL QB can have a big game once in a blue moon.

Zach Wilson is the future. Flash back to late August and the majority of the fanbase didn’t even think Mike White would beat out James Morgan for a roster spot.

There’s also the fact that White has gotten banged up in all 3 games that he’s started. He’s like a big, goofy egg back there.

Stop the nonsense of this guy being anything more than what he is. Practice squad fodder thus far who may have a future as a quality backup.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 2

Posted this  in another thread, this is not the game to bring Wilson back. Miami’s defense is going to be a problem. They have good CB’s and a rookie safety Jevon Holland who is all over the field and he plays fast and can blitz. If Wilson isn’t 100 start him vs the Texans. If they can shut down Lamar they can do it to the Jets with ease. Start Flacco if we want a chance to win, Zach will be running for his life the whole game. Miami can shut down running QB’s with Holland as they line him up on the right side. 

• Upvote 2

I wrote last week that White should get five games to prove his worth.  After yesterday, I'm changing my mind.  Yeah, Buffalo has a great D.  But White looked as bad as any of the other JAGs we've played.

Honestly, I don't believe Zack Wilson is any good or will eventually be our franchise QB.   Sorry.  So, if he's healthy start Zack against Miami so at least the team can add to the body of eviidence for or against him going forward.

**  Wish there was a "neither" category in this poll.   Or maybe added Flacco, who I would play this week.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Have your vote assuming Zach is fully healthy. 

Does White deserve another game to prove something?

or is Zach the future, roll with Zach?

OMG, this is getting way out of hand. Mike White has proved what many here have hoped, that he can play QB in the NFL. I don't think anyone expected MW to start again after he ? the bed against the Bills barring an injury.

Just now, munchmemory said:

You know what's insane?  We're going to get lit up again against Miami and Houston.  Saleh's D is a sieve.

It didn't just become a sieve.  It hasn't been good all year.  Even those first few game where some thought the D was good we were giving up over 400 yards a game before the NE game where we only gave up 250 but got blown out.  Folks been running through us like butter and we haven't been able to stop a screen pass to save our lives.  Can't get off the field routinely on 3 and long.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You know what's insane?  We're going to get lit up again against Miami and Houston.  Saleh's D is a sieve.

If we get rolled by Miami and Houston, thats exactly when heads should roll. 

It's as if the season goes along we are actually getting worse 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The Jets are the get right game for every team in the NFL but Miami and Houston, are terrible and I'm not sure they can even get right.  If the Jets get lit up by those 2 teams, this might be a 1 and done for Saleh but we also much see Ulbrich fired in season.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The Jets are the get right game for every team in the NFL but Miami and Houston, are terrible and I'm not sure they can even get right.  If the Jets get lit up by those 2 teams, this might be a 1 and done for Saleh but we also much see Ulbrich fired in season.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'd keep rolling with White, dont expose Wilson to this mess anymore.  Miami would eat him alive.  Why bring him back for this contest?  Save it for the Texans.

We now need to see if Wilson learned  anything. I want to see Wilson get the ball out of his hands faster. I want to see him continue to use Carter as White did. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiFapono said:

We've seen this tragic scenario a bunch of times before.  You can set your watch by the upcoming losses in Miami and Houston.

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Miami defense is good, it will be a good test to see if Zach learned anything.   Cant hide Zach forever.  

Not really about hiding him, more about the OL is going to get dominated by Miami's DL and I'm not sure that I want to expose the kid that on his first game back.  Make sure that knee is fully healed.  We face Miami again, so we can see how Zach holds up later when he's had more time to heal. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

We now need to see if Wilson learned  anything. I want to see Wilson get the ball out of his hands faster. I want to see him continue to use Carter as White did. 

Cool, doesnt need to be this week.  There are 7 more games after Miami.  

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

We've seen this tragic scenario a bunch of times before.  You can set your watch by the upcoming losses in Miami and Houston.

I fully expect to lose to Miami both times. no matter who the QB is.  Houston?  That should at least be a contest. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Miami has won what, 2 or 3 games this season. Play Wilson. 

Records dont matter come game day.  Match ups do.  They're on a 2 game winning streak and just stomped a boot heel into the Ravens, holding Lamar Jackson to 10 points.  Because, again it's not about records, like any game in the NFL is about match ups and the Jets match up absolutely terribly to Miami.  Legit, a terrible mismatch at the LOS that they will not be able to overcome in either contest. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Not really about hiding him, more about the OL is going to get dominated by Miami's DL and I'm not sure that I want to expose the kid that on his first game back.  Make sure that knee is fully healed.  We face Miami again, so we can see how Zach holds up later when he's had more time to heal. 

If he’s 100% healthy then play him, I don’t think it matters who they are playing.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Records dont matter come game day.  Match ups do.  They're on a 2 game winning streak and just stomped a boot heel into the Ravens, holding Lamar Jackson to 10 points.  Because, again it's not about records, like any game in the NFL is about match ups and the Jets match up absolutely terribly to Miami.  Legit, a terrible mismatch at the LOS that they will not be able to overcome in either contest. 

Can you point out a team we match up well to? I don't  even think we match up well to the Jags. 

White

you are only going to cause irreversible damage to Wilson by starting him this year

This ain’t fields coming from the big 10, Wilson is a year removed from playing his games against Air Force and utah

He’s clearly not ready, don’t rush him 

and White is an exciting prospect in his own right, it’s not like starting Flacco or Fitzy

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Can you point out a team we match up well to? I don't  even think we match up well to the Jags. 

They match up well vs. the Texans.  Hence, saving him for the Texans.

I just dont like the idea of putting him back into game play, only to take an absolute pounding and get completely destroyed.  Much rather, wait a week, and put him vs. a team that maybe he can gain a little bit of confidence as he gets situated to finish out the year.

There is much more harm in setting him up for failure vs. the Fins and what that could do to him moving forward, than waiting 1 week to play the worst team in the Football. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

They match up well vs. the Texans.  Hence, saving him for the Texans.

I just dont like the idea of putting him back into game play, only to take an absolute pounding and get completely destroyed.  Much rather, wait a week, and put him vs. a team that maybe he can gain a little bit of confidence as he gets situated to finish out the year.

There is much more harm in setting him up for failure vs. the Fins and what that could do to him moving forward, than waiting 1 week to play the worst team in the Football. 

Agree to disagree. Miami is not a team anyone should fear. They have a good defense and came out with a good game plan for the Ravens containing the run and not letting Jackson get loose but I wouldn't say this is a team we can't  start our future QB against if he is healthy.  

• Upvote 1