White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Have your vote assuming Zach is fully healthy. 

Does White deserve another game to prove something?

or is Zach the future, roll with Zach?

Hes not playing to prove anything, hes playing because ZW is injured.  As soon as ZW is healthy he goes back to being the starter.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Who said anything about fearing the Dolphins?  It's about the long term health of your supposed franchise QB and this is a horrible match up for the Jets.  There is literally, zero reason to start Zach Wilson this week and every reason to give him an extra week to get healthy.  The kid didnt even dress last week but you want him to start this week in a game where he would undoubtedly be running for his life?  Why?  So you, as a fan, can see him play?  lol  No.

What if he's healthy, though? If he's not healthy, you don't even think about playing Wilson - we completely agree. But if he's healthy, you let him ride. This is week 4 of a 2-4 week injury. He could very well be ready to go. For what it's worth, the bootleg CBS broadcast team that we had yesterday said he looked good to go in warmups. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hex said:

Zach is the future, but I said that I think Mike White should start for the rest of the season no matter how he played against the Bills, so I am standing by that. I have a lot of doubt in my mind that that is the best option, and since Zach needs to build chemistry with the team, that seems like the better option. But White needs his chance and Wilson needs to learn a little by watching, Then by doing. If Mike White plays horribly against the Dolphins, I might change my answer, because at that point he isn't helping anybody.

On the other hand, Mike White is undefeated against teams that upset the Ravens this year, and the Dolphins upset the Ravens.

White stinks. Bills took away the short routes and it was all over - add into the fact that he's gotten hurt 2 out of the 3 games he played, this is a no-brainer.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Zack Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL in 2021.

The only real justification for his starting this week is because he was the #2 overall pick.

His play has been near-completely atrocious.  He's been outplayed by both White and Johnson, two nobodies.

Presumptions that "he is the future" are as premature as the same presumptions that "Darnold was our future".  

That designation is earned not granted.  And Wilson hasn't come close to earning it yet.

Maybe a little discomfort for Wilson would be good, to know that his future won't be handed to him based only on his now-meaningless draft position.  That he'll have to back it up with actual play and production.  

I'd start White at least one more week.  

You start him not because he was the #2 pick, but because his talent is worthy of the #2 pick.  Unfortunately, QB's need time to develop in the NFL.   His talent is there - he needs to clean stuff up.  Zach will be fine.

Mike White's performance yesterday was worse than anything Wilson has done. 

I like Mike White, but he simply doesn't have the skill-set to be a franchise QB, that was clear yesterday.

Zach Wilson does - we don't know if he can put it all together but the talent is there.

• Upvote 3

MIke White was a nice story.  I think he's proved he can play in the NFL as a quality back-up/spot starter.

But just like Cinderella, his chariot turned into a pumpkin and that glass slipper isn't fitting on again.

Had he not looked totally overwhelmed I could see another start.

Actually, I can't.

He's not the future of the franchise.

Wilson may or may not be the future of the franchise but he's gotta get the on-field reps. Assuming he's healthy enough to protect himself--get the kid out there.  

Forthwith.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, August said:

Wilson needs to sit. I’d start White and pull him for Flacco if he struggles again. 

This. Sitting Wilson at this point isn’t an indictment, it’s the right thing to do with a rookie who has shown he’s not ready. That’s okay.

White and Flacco, perhaps even Johnson, gives you something to work with while evaluating other parts of the team.

Also, sell GVR to the Gypsies.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you are saying I want to see him play which is wrong.  The guy I wanted to see play was Mike White.  What I am saying is if he is cleared to play he should now be the QB.  What you are saying is if he is clear to play we should hide him on  the bench because you are afraid of what Miami's D might do. I think that is wrong. 

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What if he's healthy, though? If he's not healthy, you don't even think about playing Wilson - we completely agree. But if he's healthy, you let him ride. This is week 4 of a 2-4 week injury. He could very well be ready to go. For what it's worth, the bootleg CBS broadcast team that we had yesterday said he looked good to go in warmups. 

I guess that's what I'm challenged with this in this hypothetical scenario.  He didnt even dress last week.  So if he's cleared to play/100% healthy by game day, does that mean he's not during the week ie; not taking all of the first team reps?  I assume that's the case, so yeah, I wouldnt play him.  I would want him to be fully healthy, all week, taking all 1st team reps so he's fully prepared to play and we've seen him do it all on that knee.  We all want to hope sitting and watching helps but it could have an adverse effect and he could be out of sync and timing off worse because he hasnt played in 4 weeks and put him at even more risk.  

So it's not about hiding him, the Fins D is not the Bills D...no where close.  That said, if Wilson isnt taking first team reps and not truly testing his knee, White might be the best chance to win.  I know everyone is sour because of that performance but that was 1 game vs. the #1 D in the league.  sh*t happens.  It was his 3rd start after getting knocked out of his 2nd ever start and his first ever was HOF worthy, so, there is that consideration too.  And I'm not saying White is the future, just that he might be better prepared/condition to play vs. the Fins.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You start him not because he was the #2 pick, but because his talent is worthy of the #2 pick.  Unfortunately, QB's need time to develop in the NFL.   His talent is there - he needs to clean stuff up.  Zach will be fine.

Mike White's performance yesterday was worse than anything Wilson has done. 

I like Mike White, but he simply doesn't have the skill-set to be a franchise QB, that was clear yesterday.

Zach Wilson does - we don't know if he can put it all together but the talent is there.

Guess we'll see.

Consider me an ongoing doubter of Wilson's supposed talent.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I guess that's what I'm challenged with this in this hypothetical scenario.  He didnt even dress last week.  So if he's cleared to play/100% healthy by game day, does that mean he's not during the week ie; not taking all of the first team reps?  I assume that's the case, so yeah, I wouldnt play him.  I would want him to be fully healthy, all week, taking all 1st team reps so he's fully prepared to play and we've seen him do it all on that knee.  We all want to hope sitting and watching helps but it could have an adverse affect and he could be out of sync and timing off worse because he hasnt played in 4 weeks and put him at even more risk.  

So it's not about hiding him, the Fins D is not the Bills D...no where close.  That said, if Wilson isnt taking first team reps and not truly testing his knee, White might be the best chance to win.  I know everyone is sour because of that performance but that was 1 game vs. the #1 D in the league.  sh*t happens.  It was his 3rd start after getting knocked out of his 2nd ever start and his first ever was HOF worthy, so, there is that consideration too. 

There is no point in playing White. We now know what we wanted to know about him. He is a good backup which is important. We will see if Wilson is ready but if he's good to go even later in the week, you play him. Having him sit while healthy and cleared to play also could have an adverse effect on him. He has been the starter, he should also be preparing as if he is playing even if he is on the bench. The reps all week with the first team help but playing White or Flacco at this point does nothing for this team.   

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I guess that's what I'm challenged with this in this hypothetical scenario.  He didnt even dress last week.  So if he's cleared to play/100% healthy by game day, does that mean he's not during the week ie; not taking all of the first team reps?  I assume that's the case, so yeah, I wouldnt play him.  I would want him to be fully healthy, all week, taking all 1st team reps so he's fully prepared to play and we've seen him do it all on that knee.  We all want to hope sitting and watching helps but it could have an adverse effect and he could be out of sync and timing off worse because he hasnt played in 4 weeks and put him at even more risk.  

So it's not about hiding him, the Fins D is not the Bills D...no where close.  That said, if Wilson isnt taking first team reps and not truly testing his knee, White might be the best chance to win.  I know everyone is sour because of that performance but that was 1 game vs. the #1 D in the league.  sh*t happens.  It was his 3rd start after getting knocked out of his 2nd ever start and his first ever was HOF worthy, so, there is that consideration too.  And I'm not saying White is the future, just that he might be better prepared/condition to play vs. the Fins.

He didn't take first team reps last week because the Jets had no intention of playing him, but I'm assuming he gets first team reps this week, as per usual. If he doesn't, that tells me he's not playing. 

On 11/15/2021 at 9:44 AM, JiFapono said:

Records dont matter come game day.  Match ups do.  They're on a 2 game winning streak and just stomped a boot heel into the Ravens, holding Lamar Jackson to 10 points.  Because, again it's not about records, like any game in the NFL is about match ups and the Jets match up absolutely terribly to Miami.  Legit, a terrible mismatch at the LOS that they will not be able to overcome in either contest. 

And The 49ers stomped the Rams last night . Everyone thought the Jets would get boat raced by the Bengals and Titans. If Zach's your franchise QB going forward AND he's completely healthy, he should be starting , every live rep he gets this season helps him heading into 2022 and beyond.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And The 49ers stomped the Rams last night . Everyone thought the Jets would get boat raced by the Bengals and Titans. If Zach's your franchise QB going forward AND he's completely healthy, he should be starting , every live rep he gets this season helps him heading into 2022 and beyond.

Garapollo looked almost Mac Jonesish last night.  Guy can play when he's healthy.  

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is Jimmy G. the future in San Fran or Trey Lance?

;-)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

There is no point in playing White. We now know what we wanted to know about him. He is a good backup which is important. We will see if Wilson is ready but if he's good to go even later in the week, you play him. Having him sit while healthy and cleared to play also could have an adverse effect on him. He has been the starter, he should also be preparing as if he is playing even if he is on the bench. The reps all week with the first team help but playing White or Flacco at this point does nothing for this team.   

What you responded to, were all the reasons why I think you play Mike White.  But its like you just keep saying the same thing but not taking into consideration what I'm saying back.  lol   We can move on.  Good talk. 

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He didn't take first team reps last week because the Jets had no intention of playing him, but I'm assuming he gets first team reps this week, as per usual. If he doesn't, that tells me he's not playing. 

Does he or are you assuming?  Personally, if it's not all of them, I wouldnt start him.  It's cool if you guys disagree.  I'm giving you what I would do.  ❤️

22 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Please stop with the HOF worthy nonsense. He dumped it off 45 times to RBs, the bengals played an impossibly stupid shell zone. He still had two picks should have been 3 in that game. By far his most impressive moment was the second drive of the colts game, but even in that game he has a pass hit a defender in the hands. The guy is an interception machine . If you want to play the fake-objectivity card then you need to start advocating for Josh Johnson to start- he, not Mikey white, has been the most efficient Jets QB this year- and that doesn’t include a dropped TD by mims. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Please stop with the HOF worthy nonsense. He dumped it off 45 times to RBs, the bengals played an impossibly stupid shell zone. He still had two picks should have been 3 in that game. By far his most impressive moment was the second drive of the colts game, but even in that game he has a pass hit a defender in the hands. The guy is an interception machine . 

That performance quite literally went into the Hall of Fame though.

• Post of the Week 1

I’d go with White but would be changing to Wilson vs Houston barring White having another Cincy like performance.

There’s no need to hurry Zach at all. Even if he’s healthy let him get some more reps in practice and get back up to speed. He can rest up and play the easier game the following week. 

39 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Does he or are you assuming?  Personally, if it's not all of them, I wouldnt start him.  It's cool if you guys disagree.  I'm giving you what I would do.  ❤️

Hmm, to my knowledge, he took all first team reps in the weeks before his previous 5 starts (at least that was my impression? Also, isn't this pretty standard?), so I'm assuming he will do that, IF he is truly healthy and ready to play. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Please stop with the HOF worthy nonsense. He dumped it off 45 times to RBs, the bengals played an impossibly stupid shell zone. He still had two picks should have been 3 in that game. By far his most impressive moment was the second drive of the colts game, but even in that game he has a pass hit a defender in the hands. The guy is an interception machine . If you want to play the fake-objectivity card then you need to start advocating for Josh Johnson to start- he, not Mikey white, has been the most efficient Jets QB this year- and that doesn’t include a dropped TD by mims. 

Nonsense?  His jersey is literally in the HOF.  Like, this is 100% verifiable factual information. 

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hmm, to my knowledge, he took all first team reps in the weeks before his previous 5 starts (at least that was my impression? Also, isn't this pretty standard?), so I'm assuming he will do that, IF he is truly healthy and ready to play. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow. 

Right, of course he did and that's what I'm saying, if he's back to taking all of the first team reps and preping for the Dolphins and showing he can do it all on the knee, then sure play him if you think that's the best thing.  

Like I said, I guess I'm just having a hard time with this hypothetical scenario because I cant possibly see him being 100%, right now, today, taking all 1st team reps.  For some reason it just feels highly unlikely.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:25 AM, Untouchable said:

I said it on Halloween when White had his big game against Cincy. It meant nothing.

I disagree with this in that it meant a lot as hopefully Zach learned about moving the chains, and taking shots when they are there, as opposed to always trying to go big. Of course that depends on Zach learning from the Cincy game.