White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I’d go with White but would be changing to Wilson vs Houston barring White having another Cincy like performance.

There’s no need to hurry Zach at all. Even if he’s healthy let him get some more reps in practice and get back up to speed. He can rest up and play the easier game the following week. 

The problem with this is that if White were to have a big game against the Dolphins, you’re never getting Zach back on the field this year. This is Douglas’ window to get Zach back on the field and he knows it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

I prefer Johnny Hero

6da9ac44e8fb7abbe967fb997631ec10--barbie

I prefer Larry's Primeu's Jackelope Helmet.

The point being, there are a lot of oddities in the HOF.  Mike White's jersey is not in the HOF because Mike White is HOF worthy.  The game he had was HOF worthy.  Cleats, wrist bands, chin straps from players never to be heard from again are in the HOF.

Let Mike White's game live with the dignity it deserves.  Was an awesome moment in NFL history.  In Jet history.  Mike White will be a very servicable backup QB in the NFL for at least a few years based solely on that game and maybe a decade if he follows it up with more competence.  Let's not inflate it more than what it was.  

image.thumb.png.d10f10cf9cf4cb205f7af31be349531b.png

• Upvote 1

Does Mike White deserve to still start? I think maybe. You can go either way, but what happned to him in Buffalo was crap. They beat the crap out of him, but he continued to make smart plays throughout and a couple drops going the other way we that game plays out much different. 

Idk, I want to see Zach back and playing but love me some Mike White. i do think he is capable and could play great. be nice to have some games for him to start in that are not Buffalol

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this is that if White were to have a big game against the Dolphins, you’re never getting Zach back on the field this year. This is Douglas’ window to get Zach back on the field and he knows it.

If White shows out then good, he’ll only increase his value if he keeps the job on merit.

Douglas is no position to be forcing players in. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Right, of course he did and that's what I'm saying, if he's back to taking all of the first team reps and preping for the Dolphins and showing he can do it all on the knee, then sure play him if you think that's the best thing.  

Like I said, I guess I'm just having a hard time with this hypothetical scenario because I cant possibly see him being 100%, right now, today, taking all 1st team reps.  For some reason it just feels highly unlikely.

Eh, from everything we have heard, it sounds like he had a pretty minor injury

56 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Does Mike White deserve to still start? I think maybe. You can go either way, but what happned to him in Buffalo was crap. They beat the crap out of him, but he continued to make smart plays throughout and a couple drops going the other way we that game plays out much different. 

Idk, I want to see Zach back and playing but love me some Mike White. i do think he is capable and could play great. be nice to have some games for him to start in that are not Buffalol

He threw four picks (It could have been 6, btw) and has thrown 8 picks in three games. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Kind of curious how he responds to a poor game. Perhaps do what the Dolphins did and start White and let Wilson be the backup if he’s healthy enough to play. Don’t think it would be the worst idea in the world to give Wilson a full four weeks to recover from the PCL sprain. 

I’m not against giving him another week, but it wouldn’t be to see if he was starter material, it would be to give Zach  more time (if needed) and to see if we have our QB2 for the next few years 

• Upvote 3

no way do i start White. if you want to give Zach another week you start Flacco.

right now this is perfect. White busted horribly. no one will even think there a QB controversy. Zach has the bigger upside, the more invested in him. 

start White again and he does good then we got to keep playing him and Zach doesn't benefit sitting on the bench the rest of the year.

and dont believe it when some people tell you they would give Zach some starts at the end of the year. if White is playing ok there would be hell to pay if you try to bench him.

the White experiment is over. let it R.I.P try to resurect it and it could be a problem for Zachs devolvement 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I let 'em rotate back and forth until one seizes the job.

But this week it'd be Zach.  See if he has learned to take the short stuff while he watched White/Johnson do it well for a couple weeks.

Yeah, if Zach sh*ts the bed again, no reason why he should keep starting if he hasn't learned anything.  What happened to everyone not wanting to throw a rookie QB out to the wolves?  Now they're all gung-ho about getting him playing time? 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, if Zach sh*ts the bed again, no reason why he should keep starting if he hasn't learned anything.  What happened to everyone not wanting to throw a rookie QB out to the wolves?  Now they're all gung-ho about getting him playing time? 

Well, considering I think Zach sucks and this season is a disaster, my hope at this point is they start him for the remainder of the season. If he proves me wrong then fantastic we have a QB, if he falls flat on his face like I expect then MAYBE this team has the balls to move on and spare me 2 more years of nonsense with this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If Zach is healthy he starts. If he is not healthy White gets another week, errrr, kinda what back ups do, 

And Mike White will rise from the dead, scorching the entire defense mercilessly, racking amazing hall of fame numbers...and we all Jets fans will hold hands together singing  "hail to the king". And all social media, Facebook, Twitters, Instagram, My Space, AOL, Yahoo will have breaking news about the second coming of Tom Brady. Hundreds of threads worshipping, adoring, glorifying our savior, the one and only Mike Mother 'er White.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Kind of curious how he responds to a poor game. Perhaps do what the Dolphins did and start White and let Wilson be the backup if he’s healthy enough to play. Don’t think it would be the worst idea in the world to give Wilson a full four weeks to recover from the PCL sprain. 

yes he should get another week 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

no way do i start White. if you want to give Zach another week you start Flacco.

right now this is perfect. White busted horribly. no one will even think there a QB controversy. Zach has the bigger upside, the more invested in him. 

start White again and he does good then we got to keep playing him and Zach doesn't benefit sitting on the bench the rest of the year.

and dont believe it when some people tell you they would give Zach some starts at the end of the year. if White is playing ok there would be hell to pay if you try to bench him.

the White experiment is over. let it R.I.P try to resurect it and it could be a problem for Zachs devolvement 

He had one bad game against the best defense in the NFL. Three of the four INTs also came after the game was over so not going to penalize him too much for trying to be aggressive. I’d like to see him get one more shot. 

Yes! 

He should play at least one more week.  He played some real good football prior to the Bills game.  

Don’t kick a QB to the curb after one bad game.  It was his third start and he didn’t even get to finish his second.  Give him a chance to respond...  

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Well, considering I think Zach sucks and this season is a disaster, my hope at this point is they start him for the remainder of the season. If he proves me wrong then fantastic we have a QB, if he falls flat on his face like I expect then MAYBE this team has the balls to move on and spare me 2 more years of nonsense with this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets aren’t giving up on Zach Wilson after 1 year. Like him or not everyone can agree that the kid has a ton of raw tools to work with. Guys like him tend to get more chances than they deserve. 

Zach is a lot like Josh Allen as a rookie in that he has no idea how to play the position at this level. Fortunately for Josh he had terrific running ability which got him by until his arm caught up. Zach does not have that same ability and is on a worse team so the results are going to be that much worse. 

10 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

The Jets aren’t giving up on Zach Wilson after 1 year. Like him or not everyone can agree that the kid has a ton of raw tools to work with. Guys like him tend to get more chances than they deserve. 

Zach is a lot like Josh Allen as a rookie in that he has no idea how to play the position at this level. Fortunately for Josh he had terrific running ability which got him by until his arm caught up. Zach does not have that same ability and is on a worse team so the results are going to be that much worse. 

Unfortunately for every Josh Allen there are 40 Deshonne Kizers.

28 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

He had one bad game against the best defense in the NFL. Three of the four INTs also came after the game was over so not going to penalize him too much for trying to be aggressive. I’d like to see him get one more shot. 

he is a backup QB he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt.

@BurntDice said it best. we got 8 games left and we need to see what Zach is before next year. if he sh*ts the bed then we know. then next year nobody will have a problem with White starting.

remember this year was about developing Zach Wilson, not his backup Mike White. 

and if Zach is really that bad then we know, we might have to do a Josh Rosen. maybe...anything is possible. but that wont be an option if we give Zach just 5 games.

i know @JoeDouglasFart was joking but its true. you know how this board was after 1 game of White playing lights out. if he even plays halfway good on Sunday this board will go nuts. Zach wont play again this year or maybe ever.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

he is a backup QB he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt.

@BurntDice said it best. we got 8 games left and we need to see what Zach is before next year. if he sh*ts the bed then we know. then next year nobody will have a problem with White starting.

remember this year was about developing Zach Wilson, not his backup Mike White. 

and if Zach is really that bad then we know, we might have to do a Josh Rosen. maybe...anything is possible. but that wont be an option if we give Zach just 5 games.

i know @JoeDouglasFart was joking but its true. you know how this board was after 1 game of White playing lights out. if he even plays halfway good on Sunday this board will go nuts. Zach wont play again this year or maybe ever.

This is like the scene of Goodfellas when Big Paulie tells Henry Hill that he's had his fun with his comare but he's gotta go home to his wife for peace and appearances. 

It was fun and exciting with flirt with Mike White but with the resources committed to Zach, we need to give him the first priority.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

If White shows out then good, he’ll only increase his value if he keeps the job on merit.

Douglas is no position to be forcing players in. 

White’s not showing out consistently throwing to running backs all day. 

Time to let Wilson sink or swim 

• Upvote 1

Zach had what 6 bad games? Zero good  games?

Split the rest if the season up and see what you have in each of them. I think it’ll benefit Zach to sit a while longer. I’d also like to see how White bounces back.

Don't assume either us the guy until one proves it.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Welcome to JN. Please open a thread and tell us what's on your mind. Don't even bother taking a look around first. 

Social media generation has taken over JN. Everyone's on permanent transmit-only mode. No one actually cares what anyone else thinks.

PS: when your "friends" like your posts on instatwitbook -- they don't actually like or care about that photo of your dog dressed up for Halloween -- they are reminding you of their existence so you go and like their sh*t.

I care.