White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if zach is healthy, start zach.  i'd cut flacco immediately.  let white and JJ back up. 

I agree I don't think Flacco helps the QB rooms psyche. We love our QB room, we just need to bring in another guy who's older and won a Super bowl because you schmucks are useless!?

LOL! I mean come on man what kind of message does that send? I think you have to show confidence to build confidence.

I was also going to start a thread about this but I'll just speak my peace here. Zach Wilson has a big brain. I'm trying to put this simple. I happen to have the same affliction and so does my youngest son.

I was moved up two grades in school twice. My son was just chosen with three other people to run the entire School district's media Network and he's 12 years old.

It's like accelerated comprehension. Unfortunately dependent upon your age you're maturity level does not always jive with how well you see the big picture. Your brain downloads constantly and you have incredible memory retention. It's like asking a computer how it feels... if that makes any sense?

I think Zach drank it all in to the point where when you ask him to just do the simple things it's unrelatable.

To give you an example when I was writing music full-time I would pump pots of coffee all night long. I would finish the song, the lyrics, the harmonies. I'd have the entire bass line, guitar solos, intros etc.

I would record it but I was still in work mode and I would have to get drunk and stoned at 5 in the morning to get back to normal so I could feel like a normal person again and actually listen to what I just did.

I think the time that Zach just had off watching from the sidelines is going to help him immensely! I think he'll be hungry and eager to get out there. He probably had time to watch the other teams and other quarterbacks. Guys with his way too smart problem usually shoot sideways first, but when they hit the one in the middle they keep it perfect for good.

Aaron Rodgers comes to mind here. This is where they are cut from the same kind of cloth it's not the athleticism, it's how they figure things.

I've stated time and again that this kid is different, I can tell from his interviews. I have not given up on Zach Wilson yet and when he figures it out you better duck LOL!

When he does and he's all encompassing he's going to be goddamn dangerous.

NY JETS!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, heymangold said:

if zach is healthy, start zach.  i'd cut flacco immediately.  let white and JJ back up. 

White proved both that he is, at the very least, a perfect backup QB that can come into a game and be serviceable. He also showed that his limitations (zero athletic ability and inability to pass deep) will likely prevent him from being a franchise QB. 

The Bills just suffocated the short stuff and dared him to go deep and when he did the balls came out real ugly. 

Flacco serves no purpose on this roster that Josh Johnson couldn't already do without giving up a 6th rounder. 

• Upvote 3

I AM SO ******* SURE OF MYSELF!  EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN HAPPENED!  HUZZAH!

Mike White can't throw deep!  The ball that Davis spit up was 3 yards longer than anything Trevor Lawrence completed against the Bills.  I guess that he can't throw deep either?  Generationally.  

Yes, Mike White is probably not the future.  Yes, our best course of action would be to get Wilson developed as well and as quickly as possible.  None of this is news to anybody.  People calling for Joe Flacco are being silly.

31 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

And honestly it might be better for Zach to sit the year because this coaching staff is CLUELESS

My big concern is that after our struggles yesterday Saleh (who is just Bowles with a different face) will want to go back to forcing their "system" when  Zach returns and not being more open, passing more on first down, etc...

I am very concerned that both LaFleur and Saleh are just not the types of coaches that want to adjust their systems. They think their system works not the players in it. Which is wrong.

• Upvote 1

Zack Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL in 2021.

The only real justification for his starting this week is because he was the #2 overall pick.

His play has been near-completely atrocious.  He's been outplayed by both White and Johnson, two nobodies.

Presumptions that "he is the future" are as premature as the same presumptions that "Darnold was our future".  

That designation is earned not granted.  And Wilson hasn't come close to earning it yet.

Maybe a little discomfort for Wilson would be good, to know that his future won't be handed to him based only on his now-meaningless draft position.  That he'll have to back it up with actual play and production.  

I'd start White at least one more week.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I'd keep rolling with White, dont expose Wilson to this mess anymore.  Miami would eat him alive.  Why bring him back for this contest?  Save it for the Texans.

sh*t save it for 2022 let him watch Flacco and White, maybe give him a game at end of season ??‍♂️ but I know he could be well served watching some.

• Upvote 1

Zach is the future, but I said that I think Mike White should start for the rest of the season no matter how he played against the Bills, so I am standing by that. I have a lot of doubt in my mind that that is the best option, and since Zach needs to build chemistry with the team, that seems like the better option. But White needs his chance and Wilson needs to learn a little by watching, Then by doing. If Mike White plays horribly against the Dolphins, I might change my answer, because at that point he isn't helping anybody.

On the other hand, Mike White is undefeated against teams that upset the Ravens this year, and the Dolphins upset the Ravens.

It's a division game against the weakest division opponent at home.  Get Zach in there (assuming he is healthy).

He's had three weeks to get his head right.  Time to see if he learned anything.  The talent is there.  He just needs the game to slow down and take what the defense is giving him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Zack Wilson is the worst QB in the NFL in 2021.

The only real justification for his starting this week is because he was the #2 overall pick.

His play has been near-completely atrocious.  He's been outplayed by both White and Johnson, two nobodies.

Presumptions that "he is the future" are as premature as the same presumptions that "Darnold was our future".  

That designation is earned not granted.  And Wilson hasn't come close to earning it yet.

Maybe a little discomfort for Wilson would be good, to know that his future won't be handed to him based only on his now-meaningless draft position.  That he'll have to back it up with actual play and production.  

I'd start White at least one more week.  

Yea mike white certainly earned his stripes yesterday. He’s on pace for an nfl record 45 interceptions. 

• Upvote 2

i went with white.  not that i don't think wilson isn't the guy for the future but a couple of his ints were wilsonesque.  by this i mean he threw it into disguised coverage instead of taking the guy in the flat.  people who know these things better than i can analyze the tape and see why white threw to this guy or that.  plus that davis fumble was a more huge play than simply a fumble.  it denied the jets a fg ,making the score 10-6 going into the half and led to the td that put the bills up 17-3.  can't say it would've changed the outcome but maybe the bills don't come out so aggressive on offense.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In order to justify playing White, he had to hold serve yesterday and he got his ass handed to him. He had no margin for error, and there were errors. Start Wilson. All that said, White better stay ready because odds are good that Van Roten is gonna get Wilson IRed again.

Probably by tackling him because he forgot who was on his team again

IMO it depends on Wilson's knee.  If it's good he plays.

If it's still sore, I'd play Flacco.  He gives the Jets the best chance to win, or at least compete.  White was better then I though he'd be, but at best he's a decent back up.

Don't feel to bad for White, he was probably out of the NFL next year if Wilson didn't get hurt.  He'll probably make a few million more because of his play as a back up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Agree to disagree. Miami is not a team anyone should fear. They have a good defense and came out with a good game plan for the Ravens containing the run and not letting Jackson get loose but I wouldn't say this is a team we can't  start our future QB against if he is healthy.  

Who said anything about fearing the Dolphins?  It's about the long term health of your supposed franchise QB and this is a horrible match up for the Jets.  There is literally, zero reason to start Zach Wilson this week and every reason to give him an extra week to get healthy.  The kid didnt even dress last week but you want him to start this week in a game where he would undoubtedly be running for his life?  Why?  So you, as a fan, can see him play?  lol  No.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Who said anything about fearing the Dolphins?  It's about the long term health of your supposed franchise QB and this is a horrible match up for the Jets.  There is literally, zero reason to start Zach Wilson this week and every reason to give him an extra week to get healthy.  The kid didnt even dress last week but you want him to start this week in a game where he would undoubtedly be running for his life?  Why?  So you, as a fan, can see him play?  lol  No.

Ok, you are saying I want to see him play which is wrong.  The guy I wanted to see play was Mike White.  What I am saying is if he is cleared to play he should now be the QB.  What you are saying is if he is clear to play we should hide him on  the bench because you are afraid of what Miami's D might do. I think that is wrong.