White or Wilson Poll

kevinc855

White or Wilson for Miami?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If Zach is healthy, do you start Mike White or Zach Wilson against the Dolphins?

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Miami has one more win than the Jets, hardly a reason for you to cower over playing them.

You think the Jets should be afraid of a 3-7 team, then I can see why you want to sit the kid.  

The just beat the brakes off of Baltimore and made MVP candidate Lamar Jackson look lost. They’ve had two dominant defensive displays in a row and are entering the easier part of their schedule. They’ll be relishing this game.

• Upvote 1

The thing about White and other backup Qbs like him with no experience, either low draft picks or FAs etc is they get very few extra chances. Unlike Qbs like Mark Sanchez, Sam, Zach etc who get multiple chances and little to no competition no matter how bad they play if White plays poorly he is out of the picture. It didn't take long not all his fault when you have to constantly play from behind because your defense is giving up points all day. 

12 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

He had one bad game against the best defense in the NFL. Three of the four INTs also came after the game was over so not going to penalize him too much for trying to be aggressive. I’d like to see him get one more shot. 

He has the worst QB rating in contested throws, he is 2 for 8 in throws beyond 20 yards with 3 ints. His Intended Air Yards (IAY) is last in the NFL, He is the worst at throwing to ball to the sticks and He has 8 ints this year in 132 attempts. Zach has 9 in 181 attempts (this is not good by any means but want to illustrate how bad White has been this year with turnovers)

57 minutes ago, football guy said:

Wilson not starting this week is his expectation. He does expect to return next week. 

As far as this week, my gut (not from a source) is that the game of musical QBs to continues with Joe Flacco getting the nod. 

Flacco is a better player than White. I know it was fun to watch the journeyman do his thing but this is just the reality. White limits the offense more than he expands it, and when facing a defense in CIN who plays predominately cover-2 and zone, followed by the Colts who also are a cover-2/zone predominant defense on a short week (limiting their ability to change their defensive game plan), White was able to attack short and hit wide open receivers due to his ability to read the field quickly. The Bills on the other hand have a superior defense and had time to plan against White. White didn’t see the field poorly, he just is incapable of throwing guys open downfield and can’t keep defenses honest due to his inability to do so consistently. The Bills played close to the LOS and forced White to beat them, but he couldn’t. 

White is not a future franchise QB; I think he has a chance to be a very capable backup on a good team that can win multiple ways, but his 8 quarter performance was a good story more than anything else. You can appreciate the performance while acknowledging realities. 

Flacco is the better player who can attack defenses a number of ways, which theoretically opens up the offense and gives the team a better chance to win. 

What bothers me is that Zach is healthy and they’re still being very cautious. Like I get it, he’s your prized investment, but this is football. The OL has been pass protecting well, let the guy play and trust him execute the game plan… coach him up and stress no plays outside of structure and design him some throws on the move or trickery like they did for White. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

Wilson turns the ball over more, completes passes at a lower rate which has impacted his yards per attempt

The bolded is simply untrue. White actually has a slightly higher interception % (attempts/interceptions) than Wilson does. White has 8 interceptions in a little over 3 games played (and had at least one dropped INT in the buffalo game), while Wilson has 9 interceptions in a little over 5 games played. 

Agree on the rest, but the sample sizes are tiny in either case, and Wilson was always going to get the nod over White unless White blew him away. 

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The just beat the brakes off of Baltimore and made MVP candidate Lamar Jackson look lost. They’ve had two dominant defensive displays in a row and are entering the easier part of their schedule. They’ll be relishing this game.

So what?

Happens all the time, crappy team upsets a good team.  Might mean nothing and you might be right, but what they did in another matchup.  Theyre a 3 win team.  Theyre better than us.  Theyre not that good

6 hours ago, BallinPB said:

The Titans game was ok to good.  He had two really good throws that helped us win that game.  We could've easily lost that game however and we'd be thinking about his performance a little bit different.  

If I remember he missed some throws on one of the last drives that is part of the cause we went to overtime.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Only to those who dont particularly like ZW.  Like saying we could have lost the game as if it means anything, we didnt lose anymore than we could have beaten the Panthers or whoever

Yeah, he missed a couple of throws, could count them on one hand.   Mahomes skips short throws and no one cares.  Why?  Because they all do it.  Yet the important numbers.  62% completion, just under 300 yards, QBR of 97 and 27 points and a win while outplaying Tannehill says he had a good game

4 hours ago, football guy said:

What bothers me is that Zach is healthy and they’re still being very cautious. Like I get it, he’s your prized investment, but this is football. The OL has been pass protecting well, let the guy play and trust him execute the game plan… coach him up and stress no plays outside of structure and design him some throws on the move or trickery like they did for White. 

I agree that if Wilson is truly healthy, this is a sh*tty decision, but how do we know that Wilson is healthy?

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

He could run a 4.0 flat for all I care, if it doesn’t translate on the field it’s useless. As for his size. If he tries to use that “4.6” speed in the NFL he’s gonna get killed. He has no frame at all and I don’t care who you’re comparing him to, it’s obvious when the pads are on he is smaller that Rodgers. Hell, Kyler Murray looks bigger in pads. I’ve watched all of his games at BYU, some multiple times. There’s a huge difference between BYU accuracy and NFL accuracy. His entire college success (yes, that one season of success) was predicated on throwing to guys that he sees. The windows were huge because the defenders were such low caliber. Now that he has to make tight NFL throws you’re seeing that he’s not nearly as accurate as he looked. He has a strong arm, that’s his only redeeming quality. The NFL has gone blind to many a sh*tty QB over a strong arm, it’s nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It does translate to the field.  He’s constantly escaping rushers. If he wasn’t athletic he would have been sacked 10 more times. You realize that it takes guys time to adjust to the nfl speed right? It doesn’t automatically click. The fact that you are blasting him after 5 games is ridiculous. He is a ROOKIE it takes time. He’s only 21 years old he will bulk up a bit. If he gains 8 lbs then he’ll be the same exact weight as Rodgers. The windows were not huge because his receivers were also low caliber, people seem to forget that. Dax cline was the first receiver drafted from byu since 1988 and he was picked in the 7th round. You are overlooking his potential because of your misery from this franchises past failure. I understand man. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Miami has one more win than the Jets, hardly a reason for you to cower over playing them.

You think the Jets should be afraid of a 3-7 team, then I can see why you want to sit the kid.  

This response has nothing to do with my gif. My gif was clearly a signal to let you know you bit, again.

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Miami is better than us, but the Bengals had also just "beat the brakes off Baltimore" before playing us, so one nice performance doesn't mean much either way. 

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Zach had what 6 bad games? Zero good  games?

Split the rest if the season up and see what you have in each of them. I think it’ll benefit Zach to sit a while longer. I’d also like to see how White bounces back.

Don't assume either us the guy until one proves it.

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Missed the Titans game?

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The Sandlot Flirting GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The gif came after my response.  Try again 

Pathological levels of derp.

8 hours ago, football guy said:

My guess is they’re retroactively sitting him as a rookie to prevent shell shock.

Season is kaput. Not a big deal. Sitting is still learning in this league for a QB.

It does translate to the field.  He’s constantly escaping rushers. If he wasn’t athletic he would have been sacked 10 more times. You realize that it takes guys time to adjust to the nfl speed right? It doesn’t automatically click. The fact that you are blasting him after 5 games is ridiculous. He is a ROOKIE it takes time. He’s only 21 years old he will bulk up a bit. If he gains 8 lbs then he’ll be the same exact weight as Rodgers. The windows were not huge because his receivers were also low caliber, people seem to forget that. Dax cline was the first receiver drafted from byu since 1988 and he was picked in the 7th round. You are overlooking his potential because of your misery from this franchises past failure. I understand man. 

Thank you for seeing and acknowledging my pain. I still think the kid isn’t an NFL caliber QB, but I appreciate you empathizing my misery because yeah this team has me full bore miserable about football

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I agree with every word.  He's a rookie.  One without much pocket protection at that.  Mac jones has a much better line and game plan for his skill set.  Zach has a terrible line and terrible game plan for what we think his abilities are.    The coaching here for him has been nothing short of atrocious, IMO.  Just atrocious.    And the complete opposite of what New England brings to the table for its rookie QB.  Woody Johnson's Jets are outright dreadful at developing rookies.  And it makes no difference who the GM's and HC's have been.  The Jets are the absolute worst in the league at  bringing along their young players.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I agree with every word.  He's a rookie.  One without much pocket protection at that.  Mac jones has a much better line and game plan for his skill set.  Zach has a terrible line and terrible game plan for what we think his abilities are.    The coaching here for him has been nothing short of atrocious, IMO.  Just atrocious.    And the complete opposite of what New England brings to the table for its rookie QB.  Woody Johnson's Jets are outright dreadful at developing rookies.  And it makes no difference who the GM's and HC's have been.  The Jets are the absolute worst in the league at  bringing along their young players.

He should have sat the first few games

a rookie OC, brand new OL, different blocking scheme, 2 new starting wrs, and a rookie QB was bound to be a disaster.  The ol didn’t have time to adjust which is clear because they are playing better now.  Lafleur is starting to find his groove and the players are executing much better. Who knows if Zach would have started mid season. Hed have more time in the pocket and lafleur would call a better game.