Eight Games Left ...

KRL

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Mike White (In two full games and two brief appearances, one in relief of Wilson, one as starter hurt early):

1-2 record, 88-132 (66.7%), 953 yards, 5 TD, 8 INT. 

Zack Wilson (in most of six full games):

1-5 record, 104-181 (57.5%), 1,168 yards, 4 TD, 9 INT.

The only reason to go back to Wilson is because he was drafted #2 overall.

There is no on-field, earned-by-play reason Wilson should start again beyond perception of his potential.  Even with yesterday's poor performance by White (against the #1/#1 Defense), he's better than Wilson is right now.

Wilson, thus far, is the worst QB in the NFL in 2021.

I'd perhaps argue that Wilson sitting might be the best thing for his long term development and future.  If he has one.  I can only wonder what Wilson would have put up yesterday against those same Bills given what we've seen to-date.  

Mike White is on pace to break the record for most Interceptions in a season. Not to mention that he has had to leave the game due to “injury” 3 weeks in a row. By your ridiculously flawed logic we should be starting Josh Johnson. Please spare us your fake attempts at objectivity.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.  How many were off the hands of WR's or poorly blocked D-Linemen?  

Not specific to White, but I still say there should be TWO INT stats, one for the QB, one for the Receiver.  

Pass hits you square in the hands and you drop it right into a Defenders hands?  That INT is credited to the WR.  Throw it right into a defenders chest, that INT is credited to the QB.  Most times I don't think it's hard to differentiate who the responsible party is.  And if you can't, go with the Sack rule, 1/2 INT to the QB, 1/2 to the Receiver, lol.

Oh trust me, jibber jabber and fun debate aside, I know Zack will be playing sooner rather than later.  They're not going to make him sit (even if that might in fact be best for his career), and they're not going to play Mike "Pennington" White ahead of the #2 draft pick they all staked their careers on, lol.

I just think Wilson is cruising so far purely on hype and draft position, not quality of play on the field, because so far, he pretty much sucks when playing actual football on actual NFL fields, one part of the Titans game nonwithstanding (that, of course, being the Wilson equivalent of Darnolds streak of meaningless wins against horrible teams late in that long-already-lost year that everyone got all worked up about, lol).

Are you also taking away Wilson’s picks that hit receivers in the hands? I recall at least 3.

Mike White was lucky not to throw 7 interceptions yesterday and he didn’t even play the whole 4th quarter. Not to mention he had passes hit defenders in the hands against the colts and bengals that were dropped as well. He is an interception machine with a low ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Why on gods green earth would you want that? 

Because he played about 6 quarters of good football prior to getting smacked by Buffalo.

Almost all QBs have a day like that against a top defense, it is how they respond that matters.

Plenty of time for Wilson. Find out what White is before pulling the plug…

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Because he played about 6 quarters of good football prior to getting smacked by Buffalo.

Almost all QBs have a day like that against a top defense, it is how they respond that matters.

Plenty of time for Wilson. Find out what White is before pulling the plug…

Tell me which other QB has had a day like that against buffalo. Mike White was on pace to throw 34 picks in 17 games before Buffalo. 

I don't really care if the Jets lose every game that remains.  What I want to see is competitiveness in those games leaving me at the end of season thinking that PERHAPS, this team is on the right track to turning it around...right now, we're on the wrong track in so many areas and you know what they are.

• Upvote 3

White should get at least 1 more game.

What happens if wilson comes back and goes right back to stinking up the place? What message are you sending? That other players get yanked for a bad game but others are allowed to play terrible consequence free?

This whole team is awful. Wilson comes back behind this o line it's just a matter of time until hes hurt again. Might as well just let white get beat up this year, let Wilson sit and take over next season and hopefully by then Douglas will have improved the team.

You're not really helping develop wilson with how bad this team around him is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

What happens if wilson comes back and goes right back to stinking up the place? What message are you sending? That other players get yanked for a bad game but others are allowed to play terrible consequence free?

This whole team is awful. Wilson comes back behind this o line it's just a matter of time until hes hurt again. Might as well just let white get beat up this year, let Wilson sit and take over next season and hopefully by then Douglas will have improved the team.

Mike White is the backup and he proved to suck more than the starter. It sends no message at all. 

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

Mike White is the backup and he proved to suck more than the starter. It sends no message at all. 

The only complete game on offense this season was with mike white.

Mike White has a better QBR, better rating, more yards per game, more tds per game, better completion percentage. 

Not seeing where he sucked more. 

20 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The only complete game on offense this season was with mike white.

Mike White has a better QBR, better rating, more yards per game, more tds per game, better completion percentage. 

Not seeing where he sucked more. 

He’s turned the ball over at an exponentially higher rate. Wilson carried his putrid offense to a win vs Tennessee. Mike White rode Carter and Johnson to a win vs the Bengals. Goodnight

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

He’s turned the ball over at an exponentially higher rate. Wilson carried his putrid offense to a win vs Tennessee. Mike White rode Carter and Johnson to a win vs the Bengals. Goodnight

This is what denial looks like.

Mike White had a bad game. Wilson has been bad in every game and had 1 good half of football against the titans.

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This is what denial looks like.

Mike White had a bad game. Wilson has been bad in every game and had 1 good half of football against the titans.

lol the only one in denial is you still holding on to a mike white is Tom Brady fantasy. White was trash for a good while against the bengals, he threw two picks and should of had a third on the wheel route, hit the defender in the hands. Keep dreaming though kid 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

lol the only one in denial is you still holding on to a mike white is Tom Brady fantasy. White was trash for a good while against the bengals, he threw two picks and should of had a third on the wheel route, hit the defender in the hands. Keep dreaming though kid 

I've never held that opinion. I dont think he is the answer.

And yet. He is still better than Wilson. We have 4 QBs. And Wilson is the worst one.

But if you want to watch wilson get murdered behind this line this season more power to you.

i think the Jets will find a way to win 2 or more of their remaining games.

Every year the worse teams gain a second wind of competitiveness after the players who have been underachieving realize that they are going to get cut, not re-signed and start playing better.  

Quinnen and Rankins, and maybe even JFM, will start playing better.  There are also the last two games which their opponents could mail in (although it looks like the Bucs will need to compete for home field until the end of the season at this point).  

There will be an internal review of things and some heads will roll, but in the end the Johnsons will need to spend as much as possible and not try to save any money here. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

No one hates Zach.

Many do doubt Zach.

Just because you can't (or won't) see why, doesn't make it illogical.  

What is his ranking right now amongst starting QB's in 2021?

34th in Completion Percentage.

33rd in Passing Yards

36th in Touchdowns

4th most INT's.

Worst INT % (next to White)

29th in Yards Per Attempt

34th in QB Rating

You tell me, which starting QB is worse in 2021 than Wilson?  The only one close seems to be Fields.

How do you define "worst starting QB"?

I would take Wilson over Darnold any day

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

the locker room wont be in an uproar if you start Wilson over White. White sh*t the bed yesterday. plus these are big boys, they know Wilson is the #2 pick. they know he has to play.

see the danger of having White play again is he plays ok or even well. then what? he needs to start AGAIN... the he keeps playing ok. not great but ok. still you wont want to sit him. and then the locker room could burst if you tried to sit him then. 

then what? Wilson sits for the whole year?

Wilson is the worst QB this season. you want him to take that into the offseason without a chance to better that? you think that helps his development? 

so you wanna sit Wilson till next year so we can fix the line? what if the 2 OL 1st rd picks that you probably want get hurt? do we sit Wilson again cause he cant play without a great OL? 

our OL is 16th against the pass this year. its not bad at all. and they played much better while Wilson was still playing.

i said this about Sam and i will say this about Wilson, if he needs the best OL then he sucks. the 16th best OL is good enough for Wilson. its time to get his ass out there and see if he learned anything.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, doitny said:

the locker room wont be in an uproar if you start Wilson over White. White sh*t the bed yesterday. plus these are big boys, they know Wilson is the #2 pick. they know he has to play.

see the danger of having White play again is he plays ok or even well. then what? he needs to start AGAIN... the he keeps playing ok. not great but ok. still you wont want to sit him. and then the locker room could burst if you tried to sit him then. 

then what? Wilson sits for the whole year?

Wilson is the worst QB this season. you want him to take that into the offseason without a chance to better that? you think that helps his development? 

so you wanna sit Wilson till next year so we can fix the line? what if the 2 OL 1st rd picks that you probably want get hurt? do we sit Wilson again cause he cant play without a great OL? 

our OL is 16th against the pass this year. its not bad at all. and they played much better while Wilson was still playing.

i said this about Sam and i will say this about Wilson, if he needs the best OL then he sucks. the 16th best OL is good enough for Wilson. its time to get his ass out there and see if he learned anything.

Where are you seeing 16th best o line from.

Mike White has been sacked 4 times in 4 games.

Zack Wilson was sacked 19 times in 6 games.

Where are you getting they played better with Wilson.

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Where are you seeing 16th best o line from.

Mike White has been sacked 4 times in 4 games.

Zack Wilson was sacked 19 times in 6 games.

Where are you getting they played better with Wilson.

Wilson was sacked 19 times in 6 games...... but 15 times in the 1st 3 games....4 times in the last 4. thats a big improvement

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Those arent real statistics.  

Wilson was sacked 19 times in 6 games. Mike white has been sacked 4 times in 4 games. Not seeing where the line has been playing better under wilson.

so the Jets nation article is fake ? we dont have the 16th  best OL in pass. how do you know this? 

Yeah, if you're pulling out that kind of stuff to make your point we can just agree to disagree. Sorry, I just find that kind of analytics to be nonsense.

I am sure Wilson will be back either next game or soon, so its a moot anyway. And I am sure he will be killed behind this line and continue to look lost because this team is horrendous. 

He will soon get happy feet, and we will have ruined another prospect because we felt the need to make him start, when he clearly has shown every sign he was not ready to start.

• Post of the Week 1