Eight Games Left ...

KRL

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yeah, if you're pulling out that kind of stuff to make your point we can just agree to disagree. Sorry, I just find that kind of analytics to be nonsense.

I am sure Wilson will be back either next game or soon, so its a moot anyway. And I am sure he will be killed behind this line and continue to look lost because this team is horrendous. 

He will soon get happy feet, and we will have ruined another prospect because we felt the need to make him start, when he clearly has shown every sign he was not ready to start.

It hurts my head that some don't understand rushing Wilson under these circumstances is terrible for his development...you get called a Zach hater for it. lol  You think people would have learned after the Darnold disaster but we are doing it again. I'm struggling to understand why thinking Wilson isn't ready is a crime against humanity.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yeah, if you're pulling out that kind of stuff to make your point we can just agree to disagree. Sorry, I just find that kind of analytics to be nonsense.

I am sure Wilson will be back either next game or soon, so its a moot anyway. And I am sure he will be killed behind this line and continue to look lost because this team is horrendous. 

He will soon get happy feet, and we will have ruined another prospect because we felt the need to make him start, when he clearly has shown every sign he was not ready to start.

thats fair. but nobody sits there new high 1st rd QB for Mike White. unless you have a Alex Smith, Jimmy G or Brett Favre your going to play if not all them most of your rookie season.

seams like we are the only team that always needs to sit our rookie QBs. Sam wasnt ready, Sanchez wasnt..yet everybody else starts there QBs from day 1 or at the latest week 3-4.

Wilson got his 3 games to sit. he has his mentor here, hes got Flacco. if he cant do it now them he wont do it. and we need to find out.

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

It hurts my head that some don't understand rushing Wilson under these circumstances is terrible for his development...you get called a Zach hater for it. lol  You think people would have learned after the Darnold disaster but we are doing it again. I'm struggling to understand why thinking Wilson isn't ready is a crime against humanity.

but he sat for 3 weeks. how do you know hes not ready? lets see if he learned anything. when would you feel better starting him? in 2 weeks? is that enough time. 

if your waiting till next year when you get those 2 OL 1st rd picks here you got another thing coming. unless this defense makes a dramtic change in these last 8 games were drafting defense with those picks. 

the OL will never be good enough to start him then

Just now, doitny said:

but he sat for 3 weeks. how do you know hes not ready? lets see if he learned anything. when would you feel better starting him? in 2 weeks? is that enough time. 

if your waiting till next year when you get those 2 OL 1st rd picks here you got another thing coming. unless this defense makes a dramtic change in these last 8 games were drafting defense with those picks. 

the OL will never be good enough to start him then

I don't know if he's gonna be better or not coming back...the problem is if he's not then what are you gonna do bench him?  The injury and White playing well gave the Jets a gift and a due over of starting the season with him in the first place....they could have easily just said White is playing well he's gonna start a few games then we will give Zach playing time to end the season but everyone is having a conniption fit over stupidity. 

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't know if he's gonna be better or not coming back...the problem is if he's not then what are you gonna do bench him?  The injury and White playing well gave the Jets a gift and a due over of starting the season with him in the first place....they could have easily just said White is playing well he's gonna start a few games then we will give Zach playing time to end the season but everyone is having a conniption fit over stupidity. 

if you give White a Mulligan and he plays well and you try to sit him this fan base would have an even bigger conniption fit. 

if you really want to sit Wilson then let Flacco play. there will be no problem sitting him in a few weeks no matter how he plays. and it would give us more proof that this Offense of LaFluers is really good.

and conniption fit? LOL..... i havent heard that since i was growing up in the 80s. they use to always say that around my house.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Those arent real statistics.  

Wilson was sacked 19 times in 6 games. Mike white has been sacked 4 times in 4 games. Not seeing where the line has been playing better under wilson.

Psst, that variance isn't mostly on the O-line.  It's mostly on Wilson.  White is the proof of that. 

Seeing the field better + quick decisions + quick release + not always waiting for the glory bomb = alot less sacks.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hex said:

I would take Wilson over Darnold any day

LOL.  Of course a Jet fan would.  And we would based on potential.

Not on quality of play on the field in 2021, Darnold, bad as he's been, has still been better than Wilson.

But I'll give you that.  So 2nd worst then?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not on quality of play on the field in 2021, Darnold, bad as he's been, has still been better than Wilson.

After  seeing Darnold straight up give up last season I’d base it on that. This year he  did ok to start but everybody or at least all of us knew what was coming. 

Now both coming out as rookies together not knowing what we know now? I was super high on Sam, so that’s who is Id pick. I would have taken Fields over Zach this draft, right or wrong. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

White should get at least 1 more game.

What happens if wilson comes back and goes right back to stinking up the place? What message are you sending? That other players get yanked for a bad game but others are allowed to play terrible consequence free?

This whole team is awful. Wilson comes back behind this o line it's just a matter of time until hes hurt again. Might as well just let white get beat up this year, let Wilson sit and take over next season and hopefully by then Douglas will have improved the team.

You're not really helping develop wilson with how bad this team around him is.

To be fair, Zack has the skills needed to be a FQB - he may not get there, but he has the skills. IMO, Mike has the skills to be a backup - Zack needs to get the experience he needs to thrive next year or we need to move on. While I would love to be wrong, I can't see Mike being the guy.

To be fair, Zack has the skills needed to be a FQB - he may not get there, but he has the skills. IMO, Mike has the skills to be a backup - Zack needs to get the experience he needs to thrive next year or we need to move on. While I would love to be wrong, I can't see Mike being the guy.

I’m not disputing you, but can you please elaborate on the skills you see Zach having that makes him a potential franchise QB where as Mike White doesn’t? Also don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I think Mike White is special at all. I just want to know what you see that makes Zach a franchise QB potentially and White does not have that potential. Is it arm strength? Being able to throw sidearm sometimes? I’m curious.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yea, probably. Fields is worst in QBR, but he has to run a crappy offense.

I guess wilson does too, but he has a few weapons that Mike White proved can work.

Honestly it's really hard to tell

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Yea, probably. Fields is worst in QBR, but he has to run a crappy offense.

I guess wilson does too, but he has a few weapons that Mike White proved can work.

Honestly it's really hard to tell

Darnold is proven suck.

Fields and Wilson are both easily better choices to have going forward.

Proven suck < maybe suck

• Sympathy 1

These last 8 games are turning out to be pretty critical for Saleh and his staff.  He needs to stop the spiraling that’s getting more momentum.   If this continues for the remainder of the season it’s going to place an enormous amount of pressure on himself entering the 2022 season.  Unfortunately for Saleh we haven’t ever really seen a Jets head coach be able to pull out of a bad spiral and right the ship.  He needs to change some of this recent narrative over the 8 games.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

I’m not disputing you, but can you please elaborate on the skills you see Zach having that makes him a potential franchise QB where as Mike White doesn’t? Also don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I think Mike White is special at all. I just want to know what you see that makes Zach a franchise QB potentially and White does not have that potential. Is it arm strength? Being able to throw sidearm sometimes? I’m curious.

I am hardly an expert. I based it on arm strength, athleticism, and write ups from the draft. I also assume that if Mike had the arm and the talent he would have had a better chance by now. After 4 years in the league and only sniffed a backup job. Granted that doesn't mean much. But, I do believe he would have had chances before. Maybe he is a quality starter but not sexy enough with the big arm.

If they think Zack is the future or want to prove it, he has to start.

I know it was junk time, but Flacco for all of his faults seems to still be better than Mike; maybe it is Mike's starting inexperience, but maybe not. So, I guess I don't have a lot to back up my thoughts; just a gut feel.

I am hardly an expert. I based it on arm strength, athleticism, and write ups from the draft. I also assume that if Mike had the arm and the talent he would have had a better chance by now. After 4 years in the league and only sniffed a backup job. Granted that doesn't mean much. But, I do believe he would have had chances before. Maybe he is a quality starter but not sexy enough with the big arm.
If they think Zack is the future or want to prove it, he has to start.
I know it was junk time, but Flacco for all of his faults seems to still be better than Mike; maybe it is Mike's starting inexperience, but maybe not. So, I guess I don't have a lot to back up my thoughts; just a gut feel.

I appreciate the honesty. Outside of his arm strength I’m just not sure what seems very special about Zach at all. He’s small, has never faced very good college competition, was pretty abysmal before his final season at BYU, and the plays that he’s lauded for playing hero ball are only a small fraction of of what is needed from an NFL QB to succeed. I honestly just don’t get how anyone looks at him on or off the field and thinks he has elite franchise potential.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate the honesty. Outside of his arm strength I’m just not sure what seems very special about Zach at all. He’s small, has never faced very good college competition, was pretty abysmal before his final season at BYU, and the plays that he’s lauded for playing hero ball are only a small fraction of of what is needed from an NFL QB to succeed. I honestly just don’t get how anyone looks at him on or off the field and thinks he has elite franchise potential.

You better dive into the bunker after this one .....stop it destiny 2 GIF by PlayStation

Yeah; not sure if has it; and having it doesn't guarantee making it; and making it doesn't guarantee super bowl. I would prefer him to be the one so we don't have to spend another top pick in 2 years.