Rex Ryan's Take On Robert Saleh

SoFlaJets

5 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Former Jets coach Rex Ryan is not a Robert Saleh fan. On ESPN NY's DiPietro and Rothenberg Show: "This guy is supposed to be a defensive guru. I take it personal on this one. Everything I heard was, this guy is a lot like myself, but without the bad part. Well, some of the bad part you need. This team doesn't play with any damn heart. Don't ever compare compare this guy, this Robert Saleh to me."

Damn….. 

I hear you though Rex and agree completely 

• Upvote 4

Just now, IndianaJet said:

After that he was an utter failure as a head coach. 

His team went to 2 AFC Championships...

In the next 4 seasons, he only had 2 losing seasons. 

Robert Saleh is 2-7 in his first season. And a BAD 2-7 

Rex can sound off all he wants. 

Thanks for also pointing out Tanny was heads and shoulders of GM above this bald clown we have now

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Here’s the audio of that comment.  

Thanks Sec10, it really helps to put it into context as to how pissed off we Jets fans are feeling right now, and we can hear it in rex' voice that he's the same guy who stood alongside his father when he was the Jets defensive coach during the Namath years. 

This all comes down to 1 thing ; It's this ownership's fault because of their inability to STILL, after 20 years now, hire a real winning NFL head coach. I would have rather seen them keep Greg Williams and his "bad parts" instead of firing him and hiring this cheerleader fraud. Period. End of story.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Former Jets coach Rex Ryan is not a Robert Saleh fan. On ESPN NY's DiPietro and Rothenberg Show: "This guy is supposed to be a defensive guru. I take it personal on this one. Everything I heard was, this guy is a lot like myself, but without the bad part. Well, some of the bad part you need. This team doesn't play with any damn heart. Don't ever compare compare this guy, this Robert Saleh to me."

friday ice GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

His team went to 2 AFC Championships...

In the next 4 seasons, he only had 2 losing seasons. 

Robert Saleh is 2-7 in his first season. And a BAD 2-7 

Rex can sound off all he wants. 

Thanks for also pointing out Tanny was heads and shoulders of GM above this bald clown we have now

joe d fan boys are going to have trouble with this even though it is true lol

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

He's not wrong. Rex got the defense to play.

• Upvote 4

What it came down to was those couple of seasons when we were good we actually saw Woody Johnson out there front and center with Rex and Mike Tannenbaum. I guess being that it was between the midterms and the 2012 Presidential election meant that the guy had some time that he could give to his hobby of owning  the Jets. Has anybody even SEEN the owner this season?

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh’s got some enemies, man. Coaches don’t pile on each other like this. The way other teams feel free to run up the score on the Jets, and these weekly comments from the talking heads really makes you wonder if anyone respects Saleh at all. My guess is he pissed a lot of coordinators off by filling out his staff with his underqualified buddies.

I really don't  think the running up the score is against the HC. The D can't  stop anyone and the games get out of hand early third qrt. Do tou expect the other team to lay down for an entire half?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  think the running up the score is against the HC. The D can't  stop anyone and the games get out of hand early third qrt. Do tou expect the other team to lay down for an entire half?

It's not like the teams are running flea flickers, onside kicking, and running other assorted trick plays. The Jets just stink on defense.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Not surprised. Rex is all hot air and a clown. I will take the demeanor and character of Robert Saleh and how he represents himself and the Jets over what Rex Ryan turned into 100 X over .

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No it wasn’t consistently in the top 3.  And it sure helps to have Revis, Leonhard, Bart Scott, Harris, etc, etc. 

Funny after his defense struggled the take here was the league figured his blitz’s out.  Now he’s a genius who had a top 3 defense for 6 years.  

I said pretty consistently not for 6 years. Maybe it was also 5 or 6 here or there. Point is he never put anything on the field that resembles  this mess

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh’s got some enemies, man. Coaches don’t pile on each other like this. The way other teams feel free to run up the score on the Jets, and these weekly comments from the talking heads really makes you wonder if anyone respects Saleh at all. My guess is he pissed a lot of coordinators off by filling out his staff with his underqualified buddies.

Definitely odd. Maybe a bit too Hollywood as well? The whole stair running thing is bizarre.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

• Haha 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Not surprised. Rex is all hot air and a clown. I will take the demeanor and character of Robert Saleh and how he represents himself and the Jets over what Rex Ryan turned into 100 X over .

This is not a comparison thread between who is/was a better head coach this is about the Johnson's once again hiring another never was before guy because no NFL-caliber ex-winning head coach will work for a cheap ass owner like woody Johnson so all he is able to do is hire the next Up-and -coming defensive coordinator on the list that the NFL provides.

Then as everyone decides that Joe Douglas needs to go and the next guy is hired saddled with the same never being allowed to-spend-enough to get of the top Free Agents, it'll be the same crap over and over and over again. 

This all comes down to WHY is it that the Jets can't have an experienced winning HC?

• Upvote 1