WOODY & CHRIS JOHNSON MUST GO!!!!!

DoomProphet

Worst owners in all of sports. It's funny just how clueless they are after owning this team for so long. I remember when the idiot Chris called Gase an offensive genius and then his even dumber brother calls Saleh a defensive guru. One had the worst offense in the league and the other presides over what could potentially be the worst defense in NFL history. It's hard to imagine a more dysfunctional sports franchise and it does start at the top but they aren't selling ever. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Worst owners in all of sports. It's funny just how clueless they are after owning this team for so long. I remember when the idiot Chris called Gase an offensive genius and then his even dumber brother calls Saleh a defensive guru. One had the worst offense in the league and the other presides over what could potentially be the worst defense in NFL history. It's hard to imagine a more dysfunctional sports franchise and it does start at the top but they aren't selling ever. 

Even if you are right (which is the higher probability) , people need to stop support this bullsh*t, stop rewarding failure!

On 11/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I've said it before...I'll say it again until the day I die.

An NFL Franchise is essentially a license to print money. The Jets, the Lions, the rest of their cousins who have graced the bottom of the bukkake barrel for generations, continue to make money. Whole dump trucks of money. 

They are not going anywhere. 

There's more money to be made with a cheap loser than an expensive winner thanks to NFL TV revenue share. Woody and owners of the other cellar dweller teams are the Max Bialystocks of the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Every time I see this topic regurgitated I wish the person suggesting it would ask themselves if they would ever sell the Jets if they owned them.  We know the answer is no.  Woody and Chris have the same answer.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, Larz said:

Cool story 

the Jets appreciate on paper $12,500,000 a month, win or lose

They ain’t selling 

If Woody did sell he’d make close to a $2 billion profit

but ofcourse he will never sell.  He’s like Steinbrenner minus the intelligence, desire to win and championships

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

That's not how it works.   They own the team.

If Goodell was smart he’d do what Fay Vincent did to Steinbrenner in 1991 and suspend him from operations for a few years

the result was Gene Michael was able to work in peace and build the Yankees dynasty.  All of MLB benefitted

Something similar would happen to the NFL if the Jets were allowed to actually function.  But he’s a patriots homer and loves seeing the Jets be a total joke

On 11/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, Untouchable said:

Yeah, but they aren’t.

Sooo…

Might as well just hope that Wilson is the real deal and offsets owner incompetence.

Wilson is a developmental project and he is not being developed.  There is nobody on the Jets staff that is capable of developing a prospect like Wilson.   His fate was sealed when the Jets drafted him. 

Get use to the Jets continued on-field failure.

And yes, it all follows the guy at the top. 

Bad owner = Bad Franchise.   

Totally inept and clueless owner = The Jets

• Upvote 2

Since the day that Woody Johnson told the world and told us, the fans of the New York Jets what was most important to him, which was getting Mitt Romney elected president the Jets have played 151 games  and of those 151 games played they have lost 100. Johnson made that statement on October 1st 2012, the day before the Jets had just gotten shut out by the 49ers 34-0. 

OK, now I know some of you will say, that means nothing, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but when the whole league knows that the owner of the Jets isn't a serious football man, why would they want to play for him? The time before Woody made that amazingly stupid proclamation the Jets UNDER HIS OWNERSHIP, do you know what their record had been? Now we're talking about a team SINCE he said that has lost twice as many games as they have won the Jets record before October 1st 2012? including playoff games was 63-65 included in that record were a dozen playoff games of which were split down the middle 6-6. Since that day that he told us what his main focus was and what he cared most about, the Jets haven't sniffed the playoffs once. 

Woody MUST SELL THE JETS! He has FAILED US!

57-59 plus 6-6 in the playoffs (remember playoffs?)

51-100 since that day

• Upvote 1

Woody Johnson just got back from a 3 year stint working for Trump, who hates black people, and that 70% of the NFL happens to BE black one can easily see what no great African American players have been clamoring to work for a guy who served under a guy who HATES black people. This isn't a political post, this is a fact. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Namath99 said:

If Goodell was smart he’d do what Fay Vincent did to Steinbrenner in 1991 and suspend him from operations for a few years

the result was Gene Michael was able to work in peace and build the Yankees dynasty.  All of MLB benefitted

Something similar would happen to the NFL if the Jets were allowed to actually function.  But he’s a patriots homer and loves seeing the Jets be a total joke

Except Woody would leave the team to Chris, again and we would be screwed worse.

Good players don't want to come here. It's that simple. We are poorly run.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Except Woody would leave the team to Chris, again and we would be screwed worse.

Good players don't want to come here. It's that simple. We are poorly run.

Free agents worth their salt won't come near this team unless they are going to be overpaid, that's the only way FAs will come here

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Free agents worth their salt won't come near this team unless they are going to be overpaid, that's the only way FAs will come here

and then they ask themselves.... why risk getting hurt??? Woody and Chris are morons, I got 65 percent upfront, im gonna skate my 3 year deal here. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Woody is so dedicated to winning, he gave John Beck a blank check to come here to help our young qb.  You know how many other owners do this?  Zero.

We are lucky to have Woody as owner and now that he has a competent gm, everyone else around the league will take notice as well.

please stop...the BS was funny a month ago. Now you're embarrassing yourself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Woody is so dedicated to winning, he gave John Beck a blank check to come here to help our young qb.  You know how many other owners do this?  Zero.

We are lucky to have Woody as owner and now that he has a competent gm, everyone else around the league will take notice as well.

WTF are you on buddy! LMAO!!

47 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

WTF are you on buddy! LMAO!!

I know.  I just dont regurgitate lazy “Woody and Chris” suck rhetoric.  What I do is open my eyes and look at whats actually happening.

Our ownership gave a 6 year contract to get an absolute young stud like Joe D to come here.  Our ownership swallowed their ego and have gotten out of the way to let Joe do his job.  Our ownership built a state of the art performance and regen department when the gm and coach asked for it. When Joe deems its time to sign free agents, our ownership will pay top dollar for any player out there.  When our young qb is struggling, our ownership gave a blank check to his personal qb coach to help.

No ownership in the nfl has been better or done more the Chris and Woody post adam gase hiring.

Now will all this pan out?  I think so but obviously nothing is guaranteed.  But to bang on ownership like they are not going out of their way to do everything possible to win is just silly.

Woody and Chris have been tremendous post Adam Gase hiring.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I know.  I just dont regurgitate lazy “Woody and Chris” suck rhetoric.  What I do is open my eyes and look at whats actually happening.

Our ownership gave a 6 year contract to get an absolute young stud like Joe D to come here.  Our ownership swallowed their ego and have gotten out of the way to let Joe do his job.  Our ownership built a state of the art performance and regen department when the gm and coach asked for it. When Joe deems its time to sign free agents, our ownership will pay top dollar for any player out there.  When our young qb is struggling, our ownership gave a blank check to his personal qb coach to help.

No ownership in the nfl has been better or done more the Chris and Woody post adam gase hiring.

Now will all this pan out?  I think so but obviously nothing is guaranteed.  But to bang on ownership like they are not going out of their way to do everything possible to win is just silly.

Oh No GIF

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

?

11 hours ago, Namath99 said:

If Woody did sell he’d make close to a $2 billion profit

but ofcourse he will never sell.  He’s like Steinbrenner minus the intelligence, desire to win and championships

This isn’t my area of expertise, but unless there’s a serious danger of it decreasing in value, I think he makes a lot more by keeping it, and (if so desired) can have an even greater amount of immediate cash on hand if he doesn’t sell it.

I’d think he/they can borrow the same $2BN against that capital gains profit (and more) without selling - assuming it hasn’t happened already - at a stupidly-low interest rate that won’t nearly keep pace with the rate of how much the team’s value appreciates, while also throwing off so much in cash profit/dividends along the way.

On the other hand, if he sells, then he has to pay capital gains tax on that profit and then would have to guess at new investment winners in which to park those after-tax capital gains, and good luck finding zero risk investments that’ll appreciate nearly as well with the Jets franchise, all while losing those big guaranteed dividends along the way.

The only way they’d be forced to sell is if some Marge Schott stuff, or a Deshaun Watson length line of sexual harassment accusers, came to light.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

or a Deshaun Watson length line of sexual harassment accusers, came to light.

Well, I’ve read right here on this website that those are only CIVIL complaints, nothing criminal, no indictments (yet), probably just extortionists that only starting accusing when Watson demanded a trade. Gold diggers. Apparently a poster here thinks he’s an upstanding young man and pillar of the community.