Saleh Monday Presser

sec101row23

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's week 11 and they're having communication issues and the coach continues to blame everyone else. 

He says the play calling won’t change, the problem is execution.  Maybe the lack of execution is because the play calling is poor?  Is he calling what puts his players in a position to succeed?   He certainly digs in and refuses to acknowledge what he is calling isn’t working.   

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Ralph Vacchiano
Jets rookie CB Brandon Echols will be out 3-5 weeks with a quad injury, Robert Saleh said.
Beat Writer / Columnist

Al Iannazzone
Robert Saleh said Brandin Echols will miss 3-5 weeks with a quad injury.
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  
  •  
  •  

Brian Costello
CB Brandin Echols is out 3-5 weeks with a quad injury, per Robert Saleh.
Beat Writer / Columnist

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

He says the play calling won’t change, the problem is execution.  Maybe the lack of execution is because the play calling is poor?  He certainly digs in and refuses to acknowledge what he is calling isn’t working.   

175 points in 4 straight weeks, that is 100% on coaching and not having your players in a position to succeed.  I'm already over this regime, this dude is lost.

• Upvote 2

Until i see Saleh put his big boy pants on and make some changes to his coaching staff after the season, I'm done listening to him.   I use to watch Todd Bowles and Herm Edwards coaching and say i honestly dont think they even know what offensive play is being called right now over their headphones.  I watch Saleh and are left wondering if he knows the call on either side of the ball when its made.  You never see him even give input into the play or changing of the play.  Maybe i am missing it.  

Also on a personal note, can the media stop showing pictures and videos of Saleh running the stairs before the game.  I really dont give a F.     Show me a video of Jet fans chasing him down the stairs after another blowout and Ill take a peak

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn’t expect most to care or know this, but it’s like listening to a Kirk Ferentz press conference.  I can’t tell you how many times in 20 some years KF has talked about execution and disregarding how vanilla and conservative they are.  KF wins a lot at a place it’s not easy to win, so he gets a bit of a pass.  But he’s as stubborn as the day is long and now I get more of the same on Sunday’s.

Truth be told I do believe that line of thinking, being about execution,to a certain degree, but it sucks as a fan listening.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

175 points in 4 straight weeks, that is 100% on coaching and not having your players in a position to succeed.  I'm already over this regime, this dude is lost.

It’s one of the worst stretches of defensive play in the history of the league, to dismiss it as “execution” issues and say the play calling is fine is being willfully blind to what’s going on.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, flgreen said:
Saleh non-committal on QB decision. Says he’s been consumed with so much other stuff that he hasn’t gotten around to the QBs. Kind of an odd thing to say. #Jets
Beat Writer / Columnist
  •  

When your defense is giving up 45 plus points a week, it doesnt matter.     Joe Flacco has to be sitting at his locker with his retirement papers filled out knowing he doesn't want to get put in the game.  

• Upvote 1