Saleh Monday Presser

sec101row23

Just now, flgreen said:
Saleh repeatedly referred to the Jets' last three losses as "stinkers." Hard to argue with that assessment.
Beat Writer / Columnist

Did any reporter follow up with, "Coach, how are you allowing this for four straight weeks now?  You guys are giving up 44 points/game.  To me, it seems like you are either ignoring the issues, sleepwalking, or are consuming a tray-load of ketamine daily". 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

is he really blaming hte players ? seems like he is saying it starts wiht coaching....idk

He said it starts with coaching, but that the playcalling is the problem. I think this is being misinterpereted as 'play-calling is good, players suck', when it actually means that the coaches need to help the players work on communication and execution when they are developing, and the play calls are fine. 

That's what I think at least.

• Upvote 2

He said it starts with coaching, but that the playcalling is the problem. I think this is being misinterpereted as 'play-calling is good, players suck', when it actually means that the coaches need to help the players work on communication and execution when they are developing, and the play calls are fine. 
That's what I think at least.

I believe he also said a monkey could call the plays. I believe that is a direct quote.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like how Saleh tries to sell us that he is a visionary….when his systems click man, we’re going to be unstoppable… OK, how about we start with the penalties, no discipline but many penalties, and that’s just a starting point the rest you know he sucks, Snake oil salesman

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, LSJF said:

I like how Saleh tries to sell us that he is a visionary….when his systems click man, we’re going to be unstoppable… OK, how about we start with the penalties, no discipline but many penalties, and that’s just a starting point the rest you know he sucks, Snake oil salesman

I'm convinced penalties are doled out based on a NFL caste system. The chosen teams/QB Rodgers(GB), Brady(TB), Mahomes(KC) Wilson(SEA), Patriots , Steelers, Cowboys,, ) then the mid pack teams like the (Giants, Dolphins, Bears, Ravens, Broncos, Titans etc... ) then you get the Jets, Browns , Falcons, Texans, Lions. The NFL is an Aerial Camera wire drop in from Sting away for being the WWE. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Adam Gase liked to tell us it was an execution problem too. Can we stop with these "genius" coordinators whose scheme only works with HOF players?

Meh. It’s all coach speak. The proof is in the pudding. The team looks disinterested and unprepared. The disinterest part falls on both Douglas and Saleh. Unprepared falls on Saleh.

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm convinced penalties are doled out based on a NFL caste system. The chosen teams/QB Rodgers(GB), Brady(TB), Mahomes(KC) Wilson(SEA), Patriots , Steelers, Cowboys,, ) then the mid pack teams like the (Giants, Dolphins, Bears, Ravens, Broncos, Titans etc... ) then you get the Jets, Browns , Falcons, Texans, Lions. The NFL is an Aerial Camera wire drop in from Sting away for being the WWE. 

We are disorganized and sloppy…  not well coached.. there were definitely questionable calls against us, but on the whole we blow at the moment

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I have a question coach…

Why are the Jets seemingly incapable of returning a kick without a holding or block in the back penalty?

The better question is why are we returning any kicks at all.  The league clearly does not want the returns and makes sure to make it a losing proposition.   Doesn't take an analytical genius to see the average start position when you take one out ends up around the 15 yard line taking into account penalties but not taking into account risk of fumble and/or injury.    Just plain stupid decision making. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

What I leanred from this presser

1) Our coach didnt consider who hes starting next week yet. WHAT?

2) Its all the players fault not his. 

3) Somehow we are going to be the 2017 49ers and "get it together". Like I havent heard that weekly yet.

ONE AND DONE this guy

#2 - if that doesn't aggravate you nothing will.  This guy is is no better and probably worse than AG for sticking to a failing scheme and then blaming the very players you are responsible for coaching. 

He is inept and frankly fast becoming irrelevant (meaning that very soon players are going to tune him and the rest of the loser staff out because 1) they use the players as excuses for their failure to prepare the team, 2) the players - even rookies - get tired of platitudes and placebos w/o real solutions and finally, 3) Woody must be besides himself thinking here we go again with the another HC who seems more bluff then substance. 

BTW- how the F can this HC stand there and let late hits on his QB go unpunished... I mean do something, show some emotion other then being a Todd Bowles clone... 

• Sympathy 1

I rarely listen to sports talk radio because I don't want to lose any more brain cells but I happened to turn on Carton and Roberts today and it was funny, sad, and oh so true what they were saying about the Jets and Saleh. I hate Carton too but I couldn't disagree with anything he said. They were blasting everybody White, defense, DC, and Saleh especially. I guess misery loves company because it was funny and it took the sting out of another embarrassing performance. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

The better question is why are we returning any kicks at all.  The league clearly does not want the returns and makes sure to make it a losing proposition.   Doesn't take an analytical genius to see the average start position when you take one out ends up around the 15 yard line taking into account penalties but not taking into account risk of fumble and/or injury.    Just plain stupid decision making. 

Agree.  Unless it is late in a game/half, where most likely scoring opportnity is off a big ST play, there is no reason to take a kick out of the end zone. Even a good return is likely to net you maybe 5 yards.  Just not worth the risk.

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thank you Robert Saleh for practicing patience and not giving a f#ck what dumb media and fans think.  You all will be kissing his ass when we are one of the best teams in the league in 2023.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Can you let me know what you are smoking? Sounds like some good stuff. 

• Sympathy 1

When you give up 40+ points every other game it’s more than just lack of execution.

when you don’t score in the first quarter for 6 games it’s more than just lack of execution.

when you give up a td on the first possession each game it’s more than just lack of execution.

when the game is essentially over after the first quarter it’s more than just lack of execution.

saleh better tread lightly on the media, he just doesn’t understand how bad it can get from here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

execution? is his guy insane?

was it execution when they put bench CB #40 on Diggs when he was beat twice with the same play?

how was that execution , 40 clearly is not good enough to cover Diggs one on one 

Saleh had his standard excuse for that.

Quotes from article by Andrew Golden

................"On two of Diggs’ biggest plays of the day – a 57-yard bomb near the end of the first half and a subsequent touchdown grab four plays later – Diggs wasn’t covered by the Jets’ top corner, Bryce Hall. Instead, rookie Brandin Echols was in single-coverage on Diggs’ 57-yarder, and backup Javelin Guidry was left alone on the touchdown after Echols left with an injury."

......."When asked in his post-game press conference why Hall didn’t shadow Diggs, Saleh went back to the same old well he’s been getting water from to douse the now-weekly fires: youth and inexperience.

As Saleh explained, if Hall shadowed Diggs, he would have had to know the responsibilities for each corner position. Considering the Jets’ zone-heavy scheme, Hall would be required to know the various pass-off rules for each coverage in each spot, which is too much information for Hall to handle, according to Saleh."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I have a question coach…

Why are the Jets seemingly incapable of returning a kick without a holding or block in the back penalty?

The obvious league conspiracy against the Jets. Nevermind that the league has to be reminded that the Jets even exist. 

40 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Saleh had his standard excuse for that.

As Saleh explained, if Hall shadowed Diggs, he would have had to know the responsibilities for each corner position. Considering the Jets’ zone-heavy scheme, Hall would be required to know the various pass-off rules for each coverage in each spot, which is too much information for Hall to handle, according to Saleh."

Ahh, so Hall got "Mimsed". If you don't know all the positions by heart then how could you possibly play football? This guy has them thinking too much and not playing enough. Maybe...just maybe your scheme can change to be simpler and it's not the most important thing in the world that all the players know all the positions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1