Saleh to Rex: “you know where to find me”

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Rex has been compared to him though, those exact lines - Saleh being like Rex but without the negative sh*t - That all happened.

He’s entitled to take issue with that. He was a great defensive coach and he was equated with a guy who just overseen the worst 4 game stretch in the history of NFL defence. 

People acting like the media are going hard in Saleh when this is tame compared to what Gase went through. And even Gase’s offence was somehow better than this defence, which is astounding. 

“Kicking while he’s down” - What is this, high school? He’s a professional who’s doing extremely badly at his job. It comes with the territory that if you’re the very worst at your job in New York there will be scrutiny. Saleh handled it in the worst way possible.

Come on man! If Rex really cared about the Jets don't you think he has the means to call Saleh personally? You know hey kid I've worked in this town it's not easy but here's some tips and pointers? You're going to blow the guy up on national TV or radio?

It's a cheap move. He literally said don't ever say his name and my name in the same sentence don't ever compare Robert Saleh to me! He was scoffing at the HC. Uncalled for.

How about if Joe Namath just blasted out to the media that he thinks Zach Wilson sucks and we made a huge mistake drafting this kid with the number two overall pick!?

The whole regime is full of rookies from top to bottom and that includes coaches and quarterbacks. They've played nine f****** games together!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Come on man! If Rex really cared about the Jets don't you think he has the means to call Saleh personally? You know hey kid I've worked in this town it's not easy but here's some tips and pointers? You're going to blow the guy up on national TV or radio?

It's a cheap move. He literally said don't ever say his name and my name in the same sentence don't ever compare Robert Saleh to me! He was scoffing at the HC. Uncalled for.

How about if Joe Namath just blasted out to the media that he thinks Zach Wilson sucks and we made a huge mistake drafting this kid with the number two overall pick!?

The whole regime is full of rookies from top to bottom and that includes coaches and quarterbacks. They've played nine f****** games together!

I don't think Rex cares about the Jets nor do I think he should.

People blew Gase up on national TV literally from the week he arrived. He had it far worse than Saleh has had. Saleh came in here as a defensive guy and has overseen one of the biggest declines I've seen from a Jets defence from year to year - It's actually unrecognisable from a year ago. It was never close to this bad under Gregg Williams, and it's not like he had significantly more talent to work with.

Rex improved the defence significantly in his first year, Saleh has done the opposite. That's why he's pissed off at the comparisons. 

Namath could do that if he wants and I wouldn't be upset about it, it's unlikely though. QB's generally get more patience than head coaches - From fans, media and owners. 

And? Is that an excuse for it being this bad? Is it too much to ask that we're competitive at least every other game? That the defensive line Saleh says is the best he's ever coached could tackle a running back? There's plenty of experience in that front 7 and no excuse for them playing worse than any team in the league. It's inexcusable. 

It's really not like Jets fans were expecting much this year, but they've managed to underperform in spite of that.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Saleh needs to tell his brother to stay off Twitter. None of this is helping him.

Rex has always been known for making outrageous comments-he’s now part of the media so you take it with a grain of salt. 

I don’t think Saleh sounds tough at all with his response to Rex. Obviously it pisses him off, but part of his job is to absorb it portray professionalism and confidence to the public. 

Agree fully.  Saleh screwed up by inviting Rex to come see him in the yard after school.

Here is what Saleh should have said.

"I dont know Rex, but he's a media guy now. That's his job.  We're not winning games now and that's frustrating for us and for the fans, but its temporary.  We've got a good vision that we're building towards.  One that is going to lead to sustained success on the field.  We don't have all the pieces in place yet, but when we do, I think the fans... And Rex... (laugh) are going to like us a lot better"

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree fully.  Saleh screwed up by inviting Rex to come see him in the yard after school.

Here is what Saleh should have said.

"I dont know Rex, but he's a media guy now. That's his job.  We're not winning games now and that's frustrating for us and for the fans, but its temporary.  We've got a good vision that we're building towards.  One that is going to lead to sustained success on the field.  We don't have all the pieces in place yet, but when we do, I think the fans... And Rex... (laugh) are going to like us a lot better"

That would have been an appropriate intelligent response. When Saleh decided to respond he should have thought it out better. We can criticize Saleh for his not well thought out response most definitely. 

19 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Best part of Rexs rant is who the hell are all these people who have compared Rex to Saleh "without the bad parts"?  I havent read it, seems like Rex is just imagining it or better yet just stirring the shlt for his own relevancy 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Best part of Rexs rant is who the hell are all these people who have compared Rex to Saleh "without the bad parts"?  I havent read it, seems like Rex is just imagining it or better yet just stirring the shlt for his own relevancy 

Loads of people said it. There were posts on here to the same effect. But for Rex it would only take seeing it once to stick with him, and I don’t blame him for it.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/sports-illustrated-gives-jets-an-a-for-hiring-robert-saleh

Writer Conor Orr of Sports Illustrated graded all of the NFL’s head-coaching hires and gave the Jets an "A" for landing Robert Saleh.

"I've said this before, but I believe Saleh brings all the good energy of the Rex Ryan era without the side effects," Orr wrote. "Essentially, the green tea version of Ryan.”

Loads of people said it. There were posts on here to the same effect. But for Rex it would only take seeing it once to stick with him, and I don’t blame him for it.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/sports-illustrated-gives-jets-an-a-for-hiring-robert-saleh

Writer Conor Orr of Sports Illustrated graded all of the NFL’s head-coaching hires and gave the Jets an "A" for landing Robert Saleh.

"I've said this before, but I believe Saleh brings all the good energy of the Rex Ryan era without the side effects," Orr wrote. "Essentially, the green tea version of Ryan.”

So it was one writer, Conner Hughes and then SI quoting him in an article praising the hire?  

Thats not enough for Rex to get indignant about 10 months later

Just now, Jet Nut said:

So its one writer, Hughes and then SI quoting him in an article praising the hire?  

Thats not enough for Rex to get indignant about 10 months later

That’s one result I found in 10 seconds.

But yeah just a mention from that obscure outfit Sports Illustrated.

People are narcissistic, Rex more than most. When you hear your name used disparagingly you’ll remember exactly when and why.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Stop with the Macc stuff. He’s been gone 3 years now.

This is JD’s stench, and it’s not only epically bad, it’s getting worse. 170 points in 4 weeks is a disgrace. 
Vanderbilt competes better in the SEC than we do in the NFL.

Yup. Macc's stench. He was THAT bad.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Strange Rex is going after Saleh because I heard he likes getting off on the right foot.  Get it? Getting off on the right foot.  Thank you. I’ll be here all week. 

Wes Welker? Seriously?

18 hours ago, flgreen said:

This wa another mistake on Saleh's part.  He should have just left it alone.  The "You know where to find me"  is right down Rex's alley.

I can see rex coming on his show with boxing gloves, and a whole skit.

Saleh wants Rex to stop going after him , and his job, get you D to make a stop now and then.  Getting in a word war with rex is a major mistake in the NY market.

Never argue with a blowhard, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

People are narcissistic, Rex more than most. When you hear your name used disparagingly you’ll remember exactly when and why.

So, then nobody should blink an eye at Saleh leveling this out.

• Upvote 1

My guy there are four Maccagnan holdovers on the active roster. Three of our more talented players are from that four. 

This is Joe Douglas' team. 

And they’re the youngest team in the league who need to develop and be supplemented with more talent.  We get it.  Others dont

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Social Media is the worst thing mankind has ever created.  Prove me wrong.

Used to be that every village idiot could be safely ignored -- or shunned if their views were truly odious -- now every village idiot can find every other village's idiot online and create "communities" that act as a fecal echo chamber.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

My guy there are four Maccagnan holdovers on the active roster. Three of our more talented players are from that four. 

This is Joe Douglas' team. 

What’s scary is that’s after 6 years with Mac as GM.

I think last years draft was bad.

This years is promising.

His approach to FA is terrible.

His trades have been great.

To me, he gets about a C-grade based on the two years. Him not getting to draft the year he was hired was absurd.

Next year, year 3, is the year I expect substantial evidence of his efficacy. I don’t know what to make if this mess. This coaching staff is bad.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

SI is a rag and they didn’t report it, they quoted Hughes.

Niw explain why when Rex supposedly is defending his name for real or imagined reasons why can’t Saleh do the same for very real and factual reasons do the same?  Just because you are still enamored with Rex and hate Saleh?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

SI is a rag and they didn’t report it, they quoted Hughes.

Niw explain why when Rex supposedly is defending his name for real or imagined reasons why can’t Saleh do the same for very real and factual reasons do the same?  Just because you are still enamored with Rex and hate Saleh?  

Don't you get it by now?  The very small "bring-back-Rex-from-the-dead" crowd likes to get very vocal every time any current coach is stinking up the house.  Haven't you noticed?  It's like clockwork.  It's actually comical.   Rex has no idea how to be a good HC as we saw in NY and Buffalo, but nevertheless, the Rex-roaches come out at every opportunity.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

You know what shuts up critics....wins, aka results.

Go win. No one will criticize you. But when you let your team get 175 points thrown on them in 4 games, well brace yourself homie. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't you get it by now?  The very small "bring-back-Rex-from-the-dead" crowd likes to get very vocal every time any current coach is stinking up the house.  Haven't you noticed?  It's like clockwork.  It's actually comical.   Rex has no idea how to be a good HC as we saw in NY and Buffalo, but nevertheless, the Rex-roaches come out at every opportunity.  

You are right.  Those first years of Rex will always trump the 6 failed years here and with the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Don't you get it by now?  The very small "bring-back-Rex-from-the-dead" crowd likes to get very vocal every time any current coach is stinking up the house.  Haven't you noticed?  It's like clockwork.  It's actually comical.   Rex has no idea how to be a good HC as we saw in NY and Buffalo. 

Rex can be effective if the team is loaded with mature, professional players who can police the locker room and hold others accountable themselves. Rex can basically do a competent job of keeping a good thing rolling. Of course, this describes like 80% of NFL HCs (Tony Dungy made it to the HOF on the basis of this "skill").

But when the wheels come off, Rex is completely unable to regain order and control and keep the team focused. That's the difference between good coaches and everyone else.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You are right.  Those first years of Rex will always trump the 6 failed years here and with the Bills. 

They will never see that it was Rex himself that destroyed what he had in those first two years.  

The last thing the NY Jets need is a coach who is self-destructive like Rex.  No chance for improvement when the HC himself can't manage his own behavior and unprofessionalism.

• Post of the Week 1