Saleh to Rex: “you know where to find me”

Rhg1084

12 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Wrong, the only way to deal with a bully is to bully back. Saleh needs to fight back. His career is on the line, not Rex’s.

Salehs career is on the line because he CLEARLY looks in over his head, his defense is a laughingstock,  and his team looks unprepared to play on most Sundays. Bullying back at Rex just makes him look weaker and less competent.

Its actually sad at this point. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   This will just fuel Rex to keep running his mouth, and now Saleh’s brother chiming in will escalate it some more.   This is the last thing Saleh really needs at this point.  

Especially considering he's still revered by a large part of the fanbase, it's just an absent minded response from a leader.  All in all this will surely go away (especially if they beat the fins) but I just dont know why you would add fuel to the fire if you're Saleh when you have no leg to stand on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Especially considering he's still revered by a large part of the fanbase, it's just an absent minded response from a leader.  All in all this will surely go away (especially if they beat the fins) but I just dont know why you would add fuel to the fire if you're Saleh when you have no leg to stand on. 

I don’t think it adds fuel. I think it makes Rex look petty if he keeps at it.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

First if all, nobody said “Saleh is Rex without the bad stuff” except message boards. So, clearly reading stuff like that triggered Rex and has been a huge part of why he shed any sense of professional decorum.

Second, Rex is the one that framed this as personal to him. Then crossed the line several times. 

So, in my book, I don’t care at all that Saleh did this. Rex is the type of guy to pick a fight then shout out “someone hold me back”. Saleh is calling him on it, in terminology Rex gets. Verbally, Saleh is punching the bully in the mouth, so to speak. 

Rex is one of the biggest shyt bags in and around the game. I genuinely don’t understand any sense of loyalty fans have towards him. He was so toxic and destructive to this franchise. Bizarre.

Post of the year right here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Did you look at Rex’s teams at the end of his tenure?  Big old loud mouth embarrassment Rexy was getting his doors blown off.  Rex was a buffoon. You know it and I know it.  Whether salah is also doesn’t erase the fact that Rex was a joke

Irrelevant to the comparison.

The comment was attempting to establish that Rex was blown out just as much if not more than Saleh. That is false. 

Rex had 2 blowouts in his first THREE years. 

Saleh has had 5 in 9 games, which takes a special type of effort. At this rate, Saleh will have 50-60 blowouts in a 6 year span. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It’s year one. Relax. I hate watching them suck toilet water just like you.

Rookie head coach + rookie offensive coordinator + rookie defensive coordinator + rookie QB = crappy football. I wish it wasn’t.

But getting back to Saleh and Rex, it’s good to see a backbone and his brother was ? percent factual.

Remember the Snoopy bowl?

nuff said.

Sorry, but I couldn’t disagree more.

Saleh was dumb to respond. All he did was make Rex “relevant” by coming back at him. If he doesn’t, almost nobody would’ve even heard about Rex’s comment. All he had to do was shake his head, give a disdainful look, and say “ next question.”

Saleh’s brother chiming in is the biggest joke of all. It reeks of big brother coming down the street to fight the kid who beat up his little brother. Now they’re down in the gutter, trading blows with a street fighter. 

BTW Rex did nothing wrong here. He’s a commentator now. It’s his job to give hot takes. The Jets are losing, and the defense has looked historically bad. Saleh is the HC.

If Rex glossed over all that and gave Saleh a pass, he’s not doing his job.

• Upvote 2

I put 80% of the blame to the Jets 2021 defense on JD.

The talent on this roster stinks.  For all of his faults, Jamal Adams compensated for a lot of issues, and Maye did play much better in 2019 and 2020, and was healthy.  

Saleh and Ulbrich have put defenses much, much better than this one on the field.  They had much better players.  

Now, in retrospect, if I was building a team that played 10 games a year in East Rutherford, Foxboro and Buffalo would I install a Seattle defense and 49ers offense?  Probably not.  But Saleh can and will do better than what he is dong. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Woody 100% would take Rex’s side. Woody is the poster boy for “do thy bidding” minion when in the room with a malignant narcissist.

These days, "narcissist" is a word that is tossed out there way too often by people that don't even know what a narcissist is. One of those weaponized words misused with regularity and often by political advocates, 

An egotist is not a narcissist

An immature adult in not a narcissist

A self promoter is not a narcissist

A commercially attractive and self serving man/woman is not a narcissist

NPD is not a correct label/diagnosis in this case. 

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I think Saleh comes off as a snowflake here. A simple "no comment" would have been better. Now we have to hear the media discuss this BS "beef" for the next week. Saleh doesn't deal well with the media. 

Saleh comes off as a man who was insulted by a two time loser head coach who cannot get a job for the Lions. He said exactly the right thing. He comes off as alpha. 

Saleh does just fine with the media. You are creating a narrative that doesn't exist because you don't like Saleh. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Exactly 2 times in his first 3 season. Patriots and Eagles. 

Saleh has been blown out in 5 times in his first 9 games my man lol. 

David Harris, Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, Kerry Rhodes, Calvin Pace, Darelle Revis, Bryan Thomas, and Shaun Ellis. A little bit of a different roster for Rex. It's silly to compare Rex's defense with veterans vs Saleh and the youngest roster in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Salehs career is on the line because he CLEARLY looks in over his head, his defense is a laughingstock,  and his team looks unprepared to play on most Sundays. Bullying back at Rex just makes him look weaker and less competent.

Its actually sad at this point. 

He doesn't CLEARLY look to be over his head. He is coaching the youngest team in the NFL who is learning how to win. Saleh didn't look over his head when beating the Titans and Bengals. He looks just like any other rookie HC who has a young roster. YOU think that Saleh is over his head. Struggling to find a consistent winning strategy and being over your head are two completely different things. If the team was winless, I would agree with you. 

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The beating that Saleh would inflict on Rex would be thorough and emasculating. Saleh runs stairs. Rex eats while he stares at his wife's feet. 

Neither are employed to be MMA guys.   They are football coaches.  I like Saleh, but he should not have insinuated that he wound gladly welcome a physical confrontation from Rex,  He should have done was stick to how he could make himself look good and Rex look bad with coaching and not fists...

Win a football game and get adulation and a pay raise.  Win an assault and get a conviction. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

Neither are employed to be MMA guys.   They are football coaches.  I like Saleh, but he should not have insinuated that he wound gladly welcome a physical confrontation from Rex,  He should have done was stick to how he could make himself look good and Rex look bad with coaching and not fists...

Win a football game and get adulation and a pay raise.  Win an assault and get a conviction. 

We are going to have to disagree then. I like Saleh calling Rex's out. Shows a little bravado as opposed to Rex's false bravado. Rex is a two-time loser, and he is the LAST person to be calling out another head coach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Rex gets paid to make hot takes.  It's his job now.  He's just like any other talking head blow hard that no Head Coach should ever acknowledge. 

Nah, you know the way Rex has approached this it goes out-of-bounds relative to “hot takes”.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This.

First if all, nobody said “Saleh is Rex without the bad stuff” except message boards. So, clearly reading stuff like that triggered Rex and has been a huge part of why he shed any sense of professional decorum.

Second, Rex is the one that framed this as personal to him. Then crossed the line several times. 

So, in my book, I don’t care at all that Saleh did this. Rex is the type of guy to pick a fight then shout out “someone hold me back”. Saleh is calling him on it, in terminology Rex gets. Verbally, Saleh is punching the bully in the mouth, so to speak. 

Rex is one of the biggest shyt bags in and around the game. I genuinely don’t understand any sense of loyalty fans have towards him. He was so toxic and destructive to this franchise. Bizarre.

Cool.

Does all of of this virtue signalling mean we're not getting 45 dropped on us again? 

Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We are going to have to disagree then. I like Saleh calling Rex's out. Shows a little bravado as opposed to Rex's false bravado. Rex is a two-time loser, and he is the LAST person to be calling out another head coach.

Rex is employed to make that sort of commentary. And he also has a Super Bowl ring as a DC and has two AFC Champ Game appearances with the Jets. You many not like his style, but he is far from an empty bag of wind. He was also spectacular as a position coach.  He did wonders with Suggs and others on the Ravens.  Heck, he took jags like Mike DeVito and Seone Pouha and coached them up into gritty contributors.  I like both Rex and Saleh, but I'd prefer Rex as HC if I had the choice AS LLONG AS REX WAS NOT ALLOWED TO BE THE DEFACTO GM... 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

These days, "narcissist" is a word that is tossed out there way too often by people that don't even know what a narcissist is. One of those weaponized words misused with regularity and often by political advocates, 

An egotist is not a narcissist

An immature adult in not a narcissist

A self promoter is not a narcissist

A commercially attractive and self serving man/woman is not a narcissist

NPD is not a correct label/diagnosis in this case. 

Yes it is.