Saleh to Rex: “you know where to find me”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

They will never see that it was Rex himself that destroyed what he had in those first two years.  

The last thing the NY Jets need is a coach who is self-destructive like Rex.  No chance for improvement when the HC himself can't manage his own behavior and unprofessionalism.

Worst part is it was his ego and his need for self promotion that led to the ruination of the roster.  Which left us with a HC who had all his issues with Xs & Os, clock management, team preparedness, discipline etc and none of the players to bail his ass out and to ultimately take him down here and then in Buffalo. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

No.  It's not.  Griffin, Fatukasi, Jeff Smith, Hennessey, Wesco, Crowder off the top of my head. 

Active roster so wasn't including the IR guys.

Griffin was Douglas. I forgot Jeff Smith and Hennessey. Somehow Crowder too. I really can't count as I did think of Wesco but didn't add him.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How funny.  It was Rex who brought in the asswipes who ruined the clubhouse.  Mason, Buress, etc.  All Rex.  He singlehandedly destroyed a solid clubhouse.  Rex can NEVER be succesful as a HC in this league.  He can't lead.  He's a baby.  He lets his emotions control his behaviors.  No thank you.  Put it to bed already and get out of the resurrect Rex club.  

I was making the case against Rex... 

But one also needs to acknowledge that nostalgia for him is not insane. We haven't had a lot to remember fondly.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

SI is a rag and they didn’t report it, they quoted Hughes.

Niw explain why when Rex supposedly is defending his name for real or imagined reasons why can’t Saleh do the same for very real and factual reasons do the same?  Just because you are still enamored with Rex and hate Saleh?  

Buddy what the f*ck are you talking about? It was Conor Orr of SI, not Hughes - Do you not know how to Google?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/15/new-york-jets-robert-saleh-identity

There is the article. 

He may end up being the best of what Rex Ryan had to offer without the disastrous side effects.

The Jets backed away from a gregarious personality for half a decade following the Ryan regime, which certainly left some broken windows and holes in the drywall on its way out. Instead, the focus was on schematic expertise and a more professional demeanor, hence Todd Bowles and Adam Gase.

The Ryan comparison will understandably scare some people off, but understand what we’re saying: For the first time since Ryan held an office in New Jersey, the Jets will likely finish a season with an idea of who they are. Ryan’s ground-and-pound edict elicited eyerolls around the league, but inside the building it was potent for a time. A fleet of high-profile veterans followed Ryan around like the pied piper. The percentage of people willing to, at one point in time, run through a brick wall for Ryan was exponentially higher than either of the two head coaches that followed.

But where Ryan faltered—a sloppy presentation, a lack of polish, no second act beyond bluster and bombast—is where Saleh can take the baton and run. Here is a person who was believed to be the motivational underpinning of the Kyle Shanahan regime, a yin to the more outwardly reserved Shanahan’s yang. Here was the juice behind a Super Bowl team that was a few plays away from stifling the Chiefs’ dynasty-in-making before it even began. Here is also a person who comes from one of the healthiest organizational structures in professional sports; a team whose draft- and free-agency-to-field pipeline has been envied by opponents around the league.

All of this should be considered a victory. It took the Jets 14 weeks to see signs of life from their football team this past year (and by the time they exhibited said life, it wasn’t preferred to the top draft pick). It will not take that long for Saleh to make his mark, just like it didn’t take long for Ryan to make his presence felt.

There are the quotes.

Nearly a full article dedicated to the unfriendly comparison in one of the nation's biggest sports outlets. Of course Ryan would be aware of that. Looking at that and comparing how the two fared early, it aged pretty poorly. 

The difference between Rex and Saleh is that one is a TV pundit and the other is a faltering defensive head coach who's overseeing the worst defence in the sport. They are not on equal footing. 

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Active roster so wasn't including the IR guys.

Griffin was Douglas. I forgot Jeff Smith and Hennessey. Somehow Crowder too. I really can't count as I did think of Wesco but didn't add him.

Guess you are right about Griffin   I thought that Maccagnan signed him, but he signed late in camp in 2019.   If he wasn't there yet, no wonder Gase was pining for Fells

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely, but nostalgia can be so misleading. 

By definition, it is.

Taken from Greek it means literally "to ache for home." It was originally considered a medical condition similar to depression observed in soldiers fighting in foreign lands for long periods of time.

The medical condition part still fits for Jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

By definition, it is.

Taken from Greek it means literally "to ache for home." It was originally considered a medical condition similar to depression observed in soldiers fighting far from home.

The medical condition part still fits for Jets fans.

does it ever! Fits like a glove

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Just stop...please you are all sounding ridiculous at this point. 

This is JDs

1) QB pick

2) HC Hire (who he let hire the staff)

3) Offensive Line

4) Complete Secondary outside Maye

5) WR Corps

6) RB Corps

7) Linebacker Corps

8 DL for the most part

9 Special Teams

STOPPPPP with the mac sh*t. That worked in 18, it worked in 19....it worked arguably a bit in 20. It does not work in 21. Stop. 

THIS IS JOE DOUGLASS CREATION, DESIG, VISION and TEAM

QB Pick? It would be idiotic to judge the Wilson pick after 6 games when Lawrence looks just as bad this early on and Lance get on the field and Fields has had a couple of good quarters. Rookies take time. 

The WR corps now includes Corey Davis who is averaging 63 yards per game which translates to a 1010 yard season over 16 games (granted too many drops/fumbles) but still as good of a WR as you will generally get in free agency. The other big name guy he could have gotten is Golloday who is a trainwreck. 

And Elijah Moore now has 3 TDs in his last 3 games and is looking better and better (which is how rookies generally progress unless you are a freak like Chase).

At RB Michael Carter looks legit. 

The reality is that firing GMs over and over again has not exactly been a recipe for success for this franchise. JD has done some good things, some bad (Mims and just about the entire 2020 draft) and Saleh looks shaky at best. But I do think JD generally knows what he is doing and is likely as competent as the next guy we bring in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What’s scary is that’s after 6 years with Mac as GM.

I think last years draft was bad.

This years is promising.

His approach to FA is terrible.

His trades have been great.

To me, he gets about a C-grade based on the two years. Him not getting to draft the year he was hired was absurd.

Next year, year 3, is the year I expect substantial evidence of his efficacy. I don’t know what to make if this mess. This coaching staff is bad.

I cannot grade him on FA signings until the end of the 2022 free agency period. The money that would have been spent on free agency was already spent on Le'Veon Bell, Trumaine Johnson, Quincy Enunwa, Kelechi Osemele, Henry Anderson, and Sam Darnold. 2022 will be the first year that he has all of his cap space to spend.

Now before anyone says that he is not going to spend that money, circle back to the line about Le'Veon Bell, Trumaine Johnson, Quincy Enunwa, Kelechi Osemele, Henry Anderson, and Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Social Media is the worst thing mankind has ever created.  Prove me wrong.

Lots of bad things come from it - one thing I enjoy being able to do is talk to my old high school classmates 8 years after graduation every single morning, day or night by simply hitting the FB Messenger button and they’re all in a group chat waiting to talk sports. Being able to post sports memes instantly and get reactions from my friends. Polls, debates, TV talk, all instantly where everyone can see it at once. 

There are SOME things I love about the new world.

43 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Buddy what the f*ck are you talking about? It was Conor Orr of SI, not Hughes - Do you not know how to Google?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/15/new-york-jets-robert-saleh-identity

There is the article. 

There are the quotes.

Nearly a full article dedicated to the unfriendly comparison in one of the nation's biggest sports outlets. Of course Ryan would be aware of that. Looking at that and comparing how the two fared early, it aged pretty poorly. 

The difference between Rex and Saleh is that one is a TV pundit and the other is a faltering defensive head coach who's overseeing the worst defence in the sport. They are not on equal footing. 

So I wrote the wrong Conner down, who cares, I screwed up the names.  It still one person on SI.  

I hate to break this to you but outside of coaching a loaded Jets team for two seasons, before the bad Rex ruined it, Rex is nothing to talk about as glowingly as you keep going on about.  We forget how bad his on field decisions were, his clock management, his countless 12 men on the field penalties and of course his embarrassing comments before, after and inbetween games.  

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I won't even try. Smart phones and social media turned everyone into a videographer, photographer, and a politician. Social media brought out the worst in humanity. Message boards are not much better. We speak to each other in a way that we would never do in person. 

True story.  Im flying down to Florida after going to the JN Jets-Titans game early Oct and a passenger goes berserk because hes refusing to wear his mask.  They announce that we have to sit waiting for the cops to remove and arrest the passenger.  All things considered it was fairly orderly until some woman decided it was her responsibility to chronicle the situation, gets out of her seat and sticks her phone in the guys face to video him.  The phone was literally inches from his face and he did what you would expect, he knocked the phoned out of her hand landing 3 or 4 rows away and now a brawl breaks out when others jump in.  

Flying the friendly skies of United Airlines.  

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I won't even try. Smart phones and social media turned everyone into a videographer, photographer, and a politician. Social media brought out the worst in humanity. Message boards are not much better. We speak to each other in a way that we would never do in person. 

Go eff yourself you absolutely piece of trash human being

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

I can see your point and would agree. In hindsight, maybe Saleh should have responded by saying "I will not dignify that with a response." or just say nothing. He didnt, he's human and I dont think what he said was earth shattering-ly cringe worthy

I find that any productivity and knowledge that comes out of any show, podcast, or platform is when it comes from @GREENBEAN , @bla bla bla (Ryan), Matt O'Leary, Jets Media, Jets X Factor, @JetsNation, and Let's Talk Jets Radio on YouTube. All true Jets fans who are knowledgeable and reasonable with no agenda 

I understand he's human and I'm sure he's very frustrated and I'm sure he's dealing with a lot of emotions but as the face of the organization, Saleh needs to rise above it.  He challenged Rex to a fight.  I mean, this actually happened.  A Head Coach of an NFL team, challenged a talking head analyst to a fist fight.  That's unreal, I've never seen anything like it and I do thinks it's cringe worthy, it's making national headlines and not in a good way.

And no offense to our friends, who do a great job, but they're not creating productive content.  Maybe thought provoking for Jets fans and maybe you find their opinions entertaining but again, these "takes" mean absolutely nothing...that is unless, Robert Saleh decided to clap back at our friends, then, it's legitimate....and that's where he made a mistake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

This is the third year after Maccagnan’s last draft. His picks should constitute the core of this year’s squad, but all of his picks were trash and the only Maccagnan player who even deserves a jersey is Quinnen Williams.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True story.  Im flying down to Florida after going to the JN Jets-Titans game early Oct and a passenger goes berserk because hes refusing to wear his mask.  They announce that we have to sit waiting for the cops to remove and arrest the passenger.  All things considered it was fairly orderly until some woman decided it was her responsibility to chronicle the situation, gets out of her seat and sticks her phone in the guys face to video him.  The phone was literally inches from his face and he did what you would expect, he knocked the phoned out of her hand landing 3 or 4 rows away and now a brawl breaks out when others jump in.  

I believe it. 

I'll finish with some fan fiction. During the brawl, a little girl stood up and said "Stop it. We are fighting amongst ourselves while we should be fighting an oppressive government who pits the common person against each other." Everyone stopped what they were doing and the rest of the plane started to slow clap. Then the people who were brawling started to cry and seventeen people got COVID, and three people died.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the third year after Maccagnan’s last draft. His picks should constitute the core of this year’s squad, but all of his picks were trash and the only Maccagnan player who even deserves a jersey is Quinnen Williams.

All of JD’s picks are trash? Sorry just jumping in mid convo and can’t find the OG convo starter

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

QB Pick? It would be idiotic to judge the Wilson pick after 6 games when Lawrence looks just as bad this early on and Lance get on the field and Fields has had a couple of good quarters. Rookies take time. 

Lawrence hasn't been lighting the league on fire but has the same TD % and half the INT % as Zach. I wish Zach looked "just as bad" as Lawrence.

The WR corps now includes Corey Davis who is averaging 63 yards per game which translates to a 1010 yard season over 16 games (granted too many drops/fumbles) but still as good of a WR as you will generally get in free agency. The other big name guy he could have gotten is Golloday who is a trainwreck. 

Golladay has been plagued by injuries, but doesn't really matter. I don't fault JD for bringing in Davis although I did my best to temper the "WR1" enthusiasm this off-season.

And Elijah Moore now has 3 TDs in his last 3 games and is looking better and better (which is how rookies generally progress unless you are a freak like Chase).

Fair.

At RB Michael Carter looks legit. 

Fair.

The reality is that firing GMs over and over again has not exactly been a recipe for success for this franchise. JD has done some good things, some bad (Mims and just about the entire 2020 draft) and Saleh looks shaky at best. But I do think JD generally knows what he is doing and is likely as competent as the next guy we bring in. 

Good teams don't constantly churn GMs because they tend to get their hirings right. Having longer average tenure for GMs is correlation not causation for having a good team. Matt Millen served as Lions GM longer than any Jets GM in history except for Weeb and Jim Kensil in the late 70s-mid 80s.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

This is JDs

1) QB pick

2) HC Hire (who he let hire the staff)

3) Offensive Line

4) Complete Secondary outside Maye

5) WR Corps

6) RB Corps

7) Linebacker Corps

8 DL for the most part

9 Special Teams

STOPPPPP with the mac sh*t. That worked in 18, it worked in 19....it worked arguably a bit in 20. It does not work in 21. Stop. 

THIS IS JOE DOUGLASS CREATION, DESIG, VISION and TEAM

joe is the worst gm the jets ever had

his coach may end up in charge of the worst defense in nfl history

joe fan boys will tell you it is all part of his plan though and he needs time and each year he builds in an excuse to buy more time-this year it is hey he has a first year coach....

Joe sucks the end

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

joe is the worst gm the jets ever had

his coach may end up in charge of the worst defense in nfl history

joe fan boys will tell you it is all part of his plan though and he needs time and each year he builds in an excuse to buy more time-this year it is hey he has a first year coach....

Joe sucks the end

Damn this forum has gotten weird over the past 4 years.

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is going to get a warning or a vacation, so I will tread lightly. You ever try pushing a peeled ripe banana into a balloon? It's kind of like that.

If you add "not that there's anything wrong with that" to everything it's a safe harbor against banning.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I understand he's human and I'm sure he's very frustrated and I'm sure he's dealing with a lot of emotions but as the face of the organization, Saleh needs to rise above it.  He challenged Rex to a fight.  I mean, this actually happened.  A Head Coach of an NFL team, challenged a talking head analyst to a fist fight.  That's unreal, I've never seen anything like it and I do thinks it's cringe worthy, it's making national headlines and not in a good way.

And no offense to our friends, who do a great job, but they're not creating productive content.  Maybe thought provoking for Jets fans and maybe you find their opinions entertaining but again, these "takes" mean absolutely nothing...that is unless, Robert Saleh decided to clap back at our friends, then, it's legitimate....and that's where he made a mistake. 

Points well taken. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because commenting on twitter or filming something counts as "doing something" in today's virtue signaling world.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You are correct but this incident didn't have anything to do with social media, does it?

Started in a Traditional Media that these days tries REALLY hard to be like Social Media (Rex comment, Saleh reply) that then (as things do these days) spilled over into Social Media (Saleh's brother).