Berrios Signs 7 Year, $131 Million Extension

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Selfish kids.  My 4 year old made me watch him play soccer this year.  Soccer?  At 9 in the morning on a Saturday?  What did I do to deserve that.

I’ve being trying to tie my 7 year olds right hand behind us back to make him have to become left handed.  He just cries to his mom and she folds.  Soft.

It would be funny if it wasn't true.

?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I don't know man, I've tried to get into it and just can't. You may very well be correct though.

Even played a bit in the early 80s as a kid, but I hated it.

Trust me I get it, I’m a Mets fan. Been hard 15 years for me to stay interested. But I gotta tell you 2015 was amazing and we didn’t even win it all. 

also went to “playoff” game in 2016 Noah against bumgardner, what an experience live. And it was also a loss( seeing a theme here). But I agree  if you don’t have a deep rooting interest it’s like watching paint dry. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Trust me I get it, I’m a Mets fan. Been hard 15 years for me to stay interested. But I gotta tell you 2015 was amazing and we didn’t even win it all. 

also went to “playoff” game in 2016 Noah against bumgardner, what an experience live. And it was also a loss( seeing a theme here). But I agree  if you don’t have a deep rooting interest it’s like watching paint dry. 

Not to bring up unpleasant sports memories, but how long has it been since the Mets won it all? I don't follow baseball so I honestly don't know. I hear jokes about them from time to time, so I'm assuming they have been bad.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Your son is Christian Hackenberg?

Shut yo' mouth!

Zach is taller than Hack and probably more accurate with a football.  Unfortunately, the only real outlet for his athletic aspirations these days is beer pong.  But he is very talented at it.  If only there was an X-Game for that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Not to bring up unpleasant sports memories, but how long has it been since the Mets won it all? I don't follow baseball so I honestly don't know. I hear jokes about them from time to time, so I'm assuming they have been bad.

It was a rare moment where they developed youth and brought in the right veteran talent to take them to the top.  But it didn't last.  And cocaine took its toll on two of the greatest home-grown stars the team ever saw.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It was a rare moment where they developed youth and brought in the right veteran talent to take them to the top.  But it didn't last.  And cocaine took its toll on two of the greatest home-grown stars the team ever saw.

Cocaine? Damn

Well I guess the Jets are still the more futile entity then..... Sigh

12 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

1986. I was too young to really enjoy but that was probably the most fun team in all sports to follow but if you wanna hear a real kick in the dick, 2006 Mets probably best team in baseball make one of the top 5, if not the best play in baseball postseason history, all things considered only to go and lose the game. They managed to make an amazing play a bad memory for there fans 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

1986. I was too young to really enjoy but that was probably the most fun team in all sports to follow but if you wanna hear a real kick in the dick, 2006 Mets probably best team in baseball make one of the top 5, if not the best play in baseball postseason history, all things considered only to go and lose the game. They managed to make an amazing play a bad memory for there fans 

Just Endy The Season

• Haha 2