Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

Just now, jgb said:

Moot anywhere. Both untouchable until after next season when the previous two losers are off the payroll.

On this, we agree. 

There's no point in talking about firing Saleh/JD until the end of 2022.

But I'm just saying that 9 games is an absurd sample size on which to evaluate a head coach. JD is a different argument, but it makes sense to give him until the end of 2022. He made moves to acquire some nice draft capital - give him a chance to use it. At the end of next year, he will have had 3 drafts/FA periods to get things turned around and Saleh will have had two full seasons as head coach. Make your move then. 

• Upvote 1

If Wilson is not ready to go, I would rather see White than Flacco, but I just don't see it as something to get all worked up about.  One thing that seems not to have been mentioned much is that White has had three starts, and has had to leave each game due to injury.  He was able to return in the Cincy game, but he has not shown that he is durable enough to be a reliable starter or back-up in the league, imo.  I would prefer to see him get another shot on Sunday against Miami, but he won't.  Flacco or White - meh.  Does not reallly matter all that much to me. 

I just want to see a competitive game where maybe the defense can actually hold someone to less than 30 points.  Through 4 quarters.  I am tired of these blowouts.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

If Wilson is not ready to go, I would rather see White than Flacco, but I just don't see it as something to get all worked up about.  One thing that seems not to have been mentioned much is that White has had three starts, and has had to leave each game due to injury.  He was able to return in the Cincy game, but he has not shown that he is durable enough to be a reliable starter or back-up in the league, imo.  I would prefer to see him get another shot on Sunday against Miami, but he won't.  Flacco or White - meh.  Does not reallly matter all that much to me. 

I just want to see a competitive game where maybe the defense can actually hold someone to less than 30 points.  Through 4 quarters.  I am tired of these blowouts.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

On this, we agree. 

There's no point in talking about firing Saleh/JD until the end of 2022.

But I'm just saying that 9 games is an absurd sample size on which to evaluate a head coach. JD is a different argument, but it makes sense to give him until the end of 2022. He made moves to acquire some nice draft capital - give him a chance to use it. At the end of next year, he will have had 3 drafts/FA periods to get things turned around and Saleh will have had two full seasons as head coach. Make your move then. 

I'm pretty raw with JD's obvious and foreseeable belly flop with the QB2. 

If I can call it from a million miles away, no excuse for him to whiff.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm pretty raw with JD's obvious and foreseeable belly flop with the QB2. 

If I can call it from a million miles away, no excuse for him to whiff.

Yeah, not a good look.

At this rate, JD is getting fired in January of 2023. 

The only thing I will say is that this past draft class has a chance to be pretty good IF Wilson works out (Wilson, Moore, Carter, Carter), but that's a huge IF that never, ever goes in our favor. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

If Wilson is not ready to go, I would rather see White than Flacco, but I just don't see it as something to get all worked up about.  

There really isn't anything to get all worked about at this point.  As soon as Wilson is back in there, I want to see him play well and improve week to week.

He's the main course--the filet mignon.  The rib eye.  The bone in veal chop.

White, sure, would have been nice but White v.  Flacco isn't even the side of mashed or the rice pilaf, it's the garnish.  The parsely sprinkled on top. The crispy shallots.  The fresh cracked pepper.  

As a Jet fan, getting worked up now at 2-7 for anything, kind of worthless energy spent.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Bc if White turned out any good it’s a PR problem for the Jets

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Jets org is making this type of sad, pointless desperation move the same week Woody’s pal Rex Ryan lit up Saleh on the NY airwaves. We know for a fact that Woody has rabbit ears when it comes to this sh*t, and nobody knows that better than Rex. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well did you really think ZW was going to be ready, or allowed to come back before the 4 weeks were over? I don't think many can say that honestly. White probably isn't 100 percent healthy either, so why play him before he's good to go either.

Im not impressed that Flacco was brought back in when we had JJ in the wings as a cheap vet backup/emergency option. That's my beef with the situation.

To answer your first question, Yes, and I still think Wilson will be back when he's healthy.

To your second question about White.  White isn't the future of the franchise.  In spite of all the one game hype, he never was.  Before the injury to Wilson odds are White would have been out of the NFL next year.  If Selah/Douglas had done the smart thing, and brought in a vet back up to start the season with if Wilson wasn't ready (he wasn't) White would probably be out of the NFL right now.  His one game of fame might make him a million or so over the next few years because of the one game.  Maybe not.

His one chance to cash more NFL paychecks was to have a good showing  in his limited opportunity.   Which is the same story for any  late round back up QB.  He did............Well, at least once.  White would probably want to play against the Fish if his arm were falling off.  It's his best chance to get a 1st round tender and make some real money.  BIG difference between Wilson not being 100% , and White not being 100%

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Guarantee Woody wants no part of White actually being good leading to a QB controversy. This was an issue w Bridgewater in the past and so on 

Ah. I don’t think Woody Johnson could pick Mike White out if a lineup, but he knows who Joe Flacco is, and he knows he’s paying Joe Flacco a million bucks.

• Upvote 1

There really isn't anything to get all worked about at this point.  As soon as Wilson is back in there, I want to see him play well and improve week to week.
He's the main course--the filet mignon.  The rib eye.  The bone in veal chop.
White, sure, would have been nice but White v.  Flacco isn't even the side of mashed or the rice pilaf, it's the garnish.  The parsely sprinkled on top. The crispy shallots.  The fresh cracked pepper.  
As a Jet fan, getting worked up now at 2-7 for anything, kind of worthless energy spent.  

The Jets could play like the 1999 Rams on offense and still lose by 30, if the defense continues to play the way it has been playing. Starting QB is completely irrelevant at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No. I just thought you had an affinity for the cars that NFL players buy themselves. Yet, this was actually given him to him by Chevy for winning the Superbowl MVP, but its the thought that counts. 

Can you imagine being a multi-multi-millionaire--you have a $100 million contract and for winning the SB MVP they give you...a Chevy.  One that they could buy with pocket change.

Reminds me of the Ralph Kiner show after Met games where he'd have on a guest to interview and for the appearance he'd give the guest for appearing an Armitron Watch.  Not the Swiss made diamond encrusted tungsten model (which they don't actually make) but rather the $19 one you could get at Walmart.  And I disctinctly remember one interview with Frank Cashen--likely a very very wealthy man--and thinking what the F is he going to do with that watch? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

The Jets could play like the 1999 Rams on offense and still lose by 30, if the defense continues to play the way it has been playing. Starting QB is completely irrelevant at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You know what hurts Saleh’s career? Losing games 45-30.

You know what doesn’t hurt Saleh’s career? Losing 24-3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Buffalo is #1 in points allowed and #1 in yards allowed., #1 in 1st downs allowed, #1 in INTs, and #3 in ypc.  Miami is 24th in points and 29th in yards., 30th in 1st downs allowed, 18th in INTs and 15 in ypc.  On what ******* planet is their D "just as good as Buffalos?"   

On planet "must excuse away anything that tends to reflect less than perfectly on our QB."

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope Saleh gets Shingles.  He must  be in as much pain as the ones who have to watch this bs

Maybe you can arrange a visit to Fantasy Island for the forum?  Though I'm not sure if even Mr Roarke could grant a Jets' Super Bowl winning fantasy.  Even if he could pull it off, I'm sure "it could be very dangerous".

EDIT:

On second thought, since we're playing an aquatic team this week, maybe you can arrange for us to be on Love Boat?

2088795106_JoeNamathLoveBoat.gif.b4ca98c4ce05b4352e4e050d60e44016.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

lol The absolute worst option available to Saleh and this is what they do.

Hey, after watching them play Buffalo they look to be about 150 years away from...just being competitive.

With Flacco?  Lets call it an even 100, and Flacco probably gives them the best chance to win at this point.

Doesn't look like Saleh is the guy either.  From everything I had read I was really happy when they made him coach too, but he is way in over his head, he's a D guy and this might be the worst D I've EVER seen at the pro level, they're virtually ALWAYS 5+ yards away from where the ball is, sometimes they look like they're running in quicksand compared to the opposition.  Quite a few look like they've quit, and that's on Saleh.

Also, you nailed it, I think it was only around the 2nd week too.  Saleh had already been struck by that bolt that puts that "Sad...1,000 yard stare" in EVERY Jet coach outside of Rex Ryan, who of course will never own it because of his personality.

The realization behind that stare is "why dear God did I make the mistake in coming here?".

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what hurts Saleh’s career? Losing games 45-30.

You know what doesn’t hurt Saleh’s career? Losing 24-3. 

He's just trying to copy the "trick" used by Bowles and Gase, it's a resume polisher.

I won't know for sure unless he punts on 4th and 5 inside the opponents side of the 50 with 1 minute left in the game though.

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

To answer your first question, Yes, and I still think Wilson will be back when he's healthy.

To your second question about White.  White isn't the future of the franchise.  In spite of all the one game hype, he never was.  Before the injury to Wilson odds are White would have been out of the NFL next year.  If Selah/Douglas had done the smart thing, and brought in a vet back up to start the season with if Wilson wasn't ready (he wasn't) White would probably be out of the NFL right now.  His one game of fame might make him a million or so over the next few years because of the one game.  Maybe not.

His one chance to cash more NFL paychecks was to have a good showing  in his limited opportunity.   Which is the same story for any  late round back up QB.  He did............Well, at least once.  White would probably want to play against the Fish if his arm were falling off.  It's his best chance to get a 1st round tender and make some real money.  BIG difference between Wilson not being 100% , and White not being 100%

Yeah but the issue was if you actually thought he (Wilson) would be back for this game. This is the 4th week of his injury rehab, so most people figured he would come back (if healthy) the 5th week. No need to dick around with bringing him back too early.

I could easily see White signing a cheap deal here to remain the backup, hes got the ability. Reps in live action wouldnt hurt his growth either, but those may be hard to come by.