Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

Basically, someone on the Jets thought it was a good idea to roll with MW backing up ZW, assuming that ZW would not need a back up this season, which is completely ridiculous since QBs frequently get injured and ZW is admittedly undersized.  

It actually looked like a good idea for awhile.  I would actually think that MW could be a decent backup, and playing him tomorrow would help him develop into that player, a player who might get the Jets a comp pick or even a draft pick as a poached RFA.  

So the only reason to play Flacco is because the Jets think both that he is better than MW today and it is important that the Jets win, or at least not get killed, this Sunday.  

That is all fine, but it will be completely ridiculous if we tender MW this off season, paying him $3mm+, if we were willing to start Flacco against the Dolphins.  

I was optimistic, but I think the Jets are in trouble again. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, munchmemory said:

For the next eight games, time to unleash the:

main-qimg-198b3da7af027b97dc753e04268652

No point.

If we didn't get the top pick last year, we are never getting the top pick again and will win just enough games to keep us from drafting the player we need (whoever that may be).

Might as well root for this disaster to get turned around. 

Haven't read thru this entire thread but I'm sure the consensus is that this is a gratuitous move by a GM on the hot seat who is trying to justify giving away a draft pick mid season for a QB3. There is no good reason on God's green earth to start Flacco over White here if Wilson is in fact still not ready. 

This franchise is a ******* joke, and the joker's-in chief are the Johnsons for either sanctioning this move or doing nothing and letting it happen

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No point.

If we didn't get the top pick last year, we are never getting the top pick again and will win just enough games to keep us from drafting the player we need (whoever that may be).

Might as well root for this disaster to get turned around. 

I will hope for a complete disaster.  Then burn this entire current system down.  Zack, Saleh, JD, everybody.  Maybe get a top pick or two for Zack, then sign a vet.  No more rookie QBs.

1442241608-rockets.gif

• Upvote 1

FWIW, the Kay Show is killing the Jets and clowning Saleh right now, and they’re the ones who have a relationship with the Jets. They played the clip of Saleh saying that the Miami defense is super tough and Flacco has the experience to handle it, then they pointed out that the Dolphins defense is ranked 32nd against the pass and Flacco got shut out against them last season. What a ******* clown show.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, the Kay Show is killing the Jets and clowning Saleh right now, and they’re the ones who have a relationship with the Jets. They played the clip of Saleh saying that the Miami defense is super tough and Flacco has the experience to handle it, then they pointed out that the Dolphins defense is ranked 32nd against the pass and Flacco got shut out against them last season. What a ******* clown show.

Well, if the Kay Show says so . . . 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

I was optimistic, but I think the Jets are in trouble again. 

The worst thing that could have happened to Saleh and Douglas is that Woody Johnson emerged from the crypt to involve himself with the team again, and now (it seems) that Woody is involved again.

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I will hope for a complete disaster.  Then burn this entire current system down.  Zack, Saleh, JD, everybody.  Maybe get a top pick or two for Zack, then sign a vet.  No more rookie QBs.

1442241608-rockets.gif

How exhausting it must be to be rooting against your new head coach 9 games into his tenure. This makes sense to you? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jet coaching staff, management and franchise:

351E.gif

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The way Saleh sees Flacco:

958473966_NamathThrowing.gif.0657746a66affa0416634dcb6724eb72.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

How exhausting it must be to be rooting against your new head coach 9 games into his tenure. This makes sense to you? 

If you think this is about nine games?   There is no hope for you.  The exhaustion comes from non-stop digging up myriad excuses for how this team plays and handles itself decade after decade.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s the most optimistic explanation. Every other explanation points to overt organizational ineptitude.

Ok, so no evidence, then?

The only QB on the roster who has a chance of being the opening day starter next year is Wilson. If you guys want to make a federal case over Flacco starting over Mike White, have at it, but this game became irrelevant with respect to the QB situation going forward the moment they decided not to start Wilson.

7 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Simply don’t understand the thought process behind this decision.   So Mike White went from potentially taking the starting job to third string after one bad game?   And the youth movement we are all supposed to be excited about requires stabilization not from coaching but from inserting a 38 year old quarterback who will be in his fifties before this group becomes any good?  This organization just seems to give its fans  less and less reason to watch each week. Next week we might as well bring in Gus the kicking mule to lead special teams.  

If they brought in gus , i would cross the river for that. ?

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if it's JD trying to justify the trade.

I’m going to be Douglas’ press secretary on this and this is how I justify the Flacco trade: “Well, Zach got injured, we wanted to bring in another guy, and Joe was available to us for a low-round pick. We liked the QBs we had with Mike and Josh, obviously, but we had the chance to add an extra veteran voice—an extra set of eyes, along with John Beck, who has been a great help for our young guys—and we took it.” Boom. Done. The uproar over Flacco isn’t that it cost a sixth rounder, it’s that the Jets were smug from the beginning about not needing a veteran backup and they got burned because Zach Wilson is 1. Tiny and 2. Wasn’t ready to play.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, so no evidence, then?

The only QB on the roster who has a chance of being the opening day starter next year is Wilson. If you guys want to make a federal case over Flacco starting over Mike White, have at it, but this game became irrelevant with respect to the QB situation going forward the moment they decided not to start Wilson.

Counterpoint: there are eight games left this year and every snap that goes to a QB is valuable.