Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So does Flacco. So does Zach so far.

Nah, this has Woody Johnson written all over it… and I’m not insisting White is any good. Simply saying this has all the notes of meddling at this point. 

JD is the person to trade for Flacco and who does Saleh answer to? JD

This is simply JD trying to justify a terrible trade 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Good

This is what I wanted if Wilson wasn’t ready to go.

Douglas just spent a draft pick on him and at least Flacco can still push the ball downfield and is willing to do so. Give a guy like Moore a chance to show what he can do. Hell, you might even see Mims make a few plays if he has cleared protocol.

This is such a great point and being overlooked by the Mike white truthers.

They like to compare Mike white to Mac Jones when Jones has wayyyyyyyy better deep and intermediate accuracy and he’s a rookie  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

but you know if White plays well "White Mania " will erupt again and he will keep playing. 

Flacco could throw 8 TDs and nobody will want to see him again.

Meh.  First off, I don’t see White playing better than OK against Miami if he did get the start.

And second, if the team is so afraid of “White mania” starting up again that they decided to start Flacco instead to stave that off, then they’re even less competent at running a franchise than we think.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i guess we blame the defense next since we were behind by so much he had no choice but to go down field.

he threw 3 INTS in the 3rd QT. the game was not over if he doesnt do those thing. just think if he throws 3 TDs instead thats 21 pts. we would be down 38-24 going into the 4th. is a 14 pt lead too much in 1 qt ? the game ends at 45-38. thats one score. and we had one other possession that we turned over on downs in the 4th.

i would love to see Whites percentage of completions over 20 yds. over 30...over 40. i bet there not good.

It was 10-3 when Davis fumbled when we were finally sustaining some sort of drive Then it was 17 -3 and 24 -3 before we even got the ball back. If you think the game was not over at that stage and the way the Bills defense was playing that's some serious wishful thinking.

If I had to blame one guy at a turning point in  that game it was Corey Davis when we had the single chance to change the momentum in that game. Like I said over and over No QB this year has played well against the Bills even Mahomes got roughed up with 2 Int's . So Jets fans expect a guy with 3 starts to be able to handle an elite defense and to be honest he was limiting the mistakes in the first half the Bills were just too much for our OL and White paid the price. It was pretty obvious. So now rather than get some more snaps for White who might have learned something from this experience and turn it around vs The Fins (which would have been nice to see how he responded ) we get Joe Flacco and give the fans absolutely no reason to watch this game 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Eh, cant agree with this.

Sanchez had a loaded offense for at least 1 season. Great O line, braylon, Holmes and cotch and keller, good rbs.

A good QB would have won us the SB in 2010.

Yeah too bad our vaunted defense got manhandled by the Steeler's and could not make the big stop when Sanchez was bringing us back in that game. Did you forget our defense getting run all over on by Mendenhal ? Elite defenses don't let that sh*t happen So they got steam rolled in the first half and could not make the big stop with 2 min left . Sanchez had one bad play in that game when a guy came free and sacked him at the 10 it certainly was not the end of the game since he played well in the second half and Shotty calling idiotic plays at the goal line didn't help either. This sh*t head team never shows up in the big moments not the players and not the coaching staff's

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

JD is the person to trade for Flacco and who does Saleh answer to? JD

This is simply JD trying to justify a terrible trade 

I’ve already said this. Even if this is the angle, it’s an example of trickle-down agenda driven decisions… still points to Woody and the culture he created by being himself.

6 hours ago, mfmartin said:

Flacco has to play 4 games for it to be a 5. Josh Johnson isn’t good.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

and joe flacco is? josh johnson showed the same talent in this offense as everyone's savior mike white.  the coaching staff is telling us that they don't like mike white playing against this dolphins defense because of it's blitzing nature.  the statue that is joe flacco doesn't stand a chance - at least johnson has athletic ability AND knows the offense.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, undertow said:

I know right?  I miss the glory days of Zach Wilson throwing 5 yard swing passes into RBs feet.  What happened to that guy?  Oh yeah hurt in the 6th game of his career.

You’re really fixated on the two times Wilson did that. It’s almost as irrational as your fantastical hopes for White becoming Tom Brady. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

I'm fine with the Flacco decision. He probably gives the Jets this week their best chance to win. The Qb decision doesn't matter if the defense does not show up again. As for Mike White seems like the Jets CS were alarmed at just how bad he played last week and seems like they've already given up on him. 

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know what hurts Saleh’s career? Losing games 45-30.

You know what doesn’t hurt Saleh’s career? Losing 24-3. 

You know what helps Robert Saleh's career.  Winning some freakin games.  I am so tired of losing -- I don't care if it is 24-3 or 45-30. 

All I wanted out of this season is that the team would start to come together and win more games in the second half of the season than the first.  We have an easy schedule (yes, I know other teams look at us as the easy part of their schedule), but lets win some games, Robert.  

• Sympathy 1

and joe flacco is? josh johnson showed the same talent in this offense as everyone's savior mike white.  the coaching staff is telling us that they don't like mike white playing against this dolphins defense because of it's blitzing nature.  the statue that is joe flacco doesn't stand a chance - at least johnson has athletic ability AND knows the offense.

Josh Johnson has had 17 different stints with NFL teams. If he was cut today, no one would pick him up. Flacco was a Super Bowl MVP and he is most definitely not the player he once was, his unmovable corpse is still better than Josh Johnson. Literally every NFL team would take Flacco over Johnson and White.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

ZW gives them the best chance to win - he's just not 100% and they're not going to rush him back and nor should they.  Wait until he's absolutely 100%.

Exactly. And they don't want to drum up a QB controversy if White plays well again. This is the perfect situation for them to bring Zach back next week if he's completely healed. He will play the last 7 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I have to admit I don’t know much NFL history, but it most be pretty uncommon to have had 4 different QBs week 11 and potentially to have had 5 different players throw TD passes. 

Make me think of the Tom Tupa game (99 opener). 

Only the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

You’re really fixated on the two times Wilson did that. It’s almost as irrational as your fantastical hopes for White becoming Tom Brady. 

I never thought White was becoming Tom Brady but some of you act like one game vs the best defense in the league warrants being thrown away while WIlson has been a dumpster fire....makes zero sense.  I don't know who's worse the cringe Wilson fan boys who are threatened by a guy who was cut 10 times or the Joe Douglas cult who think it's genius to trade for Joe Flacco. 

Meh.  First off, I don’t see White playing better than OK against Miami if he did get the start.
And second, if the team is so afraid of “White mania” starting up again that they decided to start Flacco instead to stave that off, then they’re even less competent at running a franchise than we think.  
Anyone contributing 'White Mania' just doesnt know what they are looking at.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You know what helps Robert Saleh's career.  Winning some freakin games.  I am so tired of losing -- I don't care if it is 24-3 or 45-30. 
All I wanted out of this season is that the team would start to come together and win more games in the second half of the season than the first.  We have an easy schedule (yes, I know other teams look at us as the easy part of their schedule), but lets win some games, Robert.  
Sure win during the gifted powder puff last part of the season and mask the terrible problems on this team. Ride it
all the way to the number 12 pick.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Sure win during the gifted powder puff last part of the season and mask the terrible problems on this team. Ride it
all the way to the number 12 pick.

At some point, a young team has to learn to win games.  Powder puff schedule or not. 

I would rather see Zach start to figure things out, and our defense play better over tha last half of the season and pick 8th than continue to surrender 40+ per game and have Zach play like the worst QB in the NFL and pick 3rd.  Its not always about draft position.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Yeah too bad our vaunted defense got manhandled by the Steeler's and could not make the big stop when Sanchez was bringing us back in that game. Did you forget our defense getting run all over on by Mendenhal ? Elite defenses don't let that sh*t happen So they got steam rolled in the first half and could not make the big stop with 2 min left . Sanchez had one bad play in that game when a guy came free and sacked him at the 10 it certainly was not the end of the game since he played well in the second half and Shotty calling idiotic plays at the goal line didn't help either. This sh*t head team never shows up in the big moments not the players and not the coaching staff's

We gave up 24 points, nothing crazy, and mostly shut them down in the 2nd half. Are you forgetting our offense laying a turd in the the first half?

Sanchez and the o play a compete game and we win.

31 minutes ago, undertow said:

I never thought White was becoming Tom Brady but some of you act like one game vs the best defense in the league warrants being thrown away while WIlson has been a dumpster fire....makes zero sense.  I don't know who's worse the cringe Wilson fan boys who are threatened by a guy who was cut 10 times or the Joe Douglas cult who think it's genius to trade for Joe Flacco. 

Yes a cult that wants to see the #2 overall pick that oozes talent to any objective observer get more than 5 games to develop. Way to completely dismiss the Tennessee game which is far and way the most impressive rookie QB performance this year and better than anything white ever did. Wilson played top 10 defenses weeks 1-3 but I don’t see you making any excuses for him. Your boy white should have thrown 7 freaking picks last week for the love of god. He was on pace for 34 picks before the Buffalo game (now it’s 45). Stop with this nonsense, white is more turnover prone than Wilson despite not pushing the ball down the field and having much more competent coaching and play around him. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Yes a cult that wants to see the #2 overall pick that oozes talent to any objective observer get more than 5 games to develop. Way to completely dismiss the Tennessee game which is far and way the most impressive rookie QB performance this year and better than anything white ever did. Wilson played top 10 defenses weeks 1-3 but I don’t see you making any excuses for him. Your boy white should have thrown 7 freaking picks last week for the love of god. He was on pace for 34 picks before the Buffalo game (now it’s 45). Stop with this nonsense, white is more turnover prone than Wilson despite not pushing the ball down the field and having much more competent coaching and play around him. 

I don't have a "boy" I'm not 12 that's the point. lol  There's plenty of games to play both without the infantile hysterics.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

At some point, a young team has to learn to win games.  Powder puff schedule or not. 
I would rather see Zach start to figure things out, and our defense play better over tha last half of the season and pick 8th than continue to surrender 40+ per game and have Zach play like the worst QB in the NFL and pick 3rd.  Its not always about draft position.
As long as their eyes are open to the reality of the situation in with you.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve already said this. Even if this is the angle, it’s an example of trickle-down agenda driven decisions… still points to Woody and the culture he created by being himself.

Very true.  His fingerprints have been all over the decisions the last 2 decades and the latest disaster points back to him.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The sad part is it's pretty obvious by continued comments made by Saleh that this organization is listening to sports talk radio so I wouldn't be surprised if decisions were being made because of it.  Just absolutely pathetic.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

All fair, but I feel like Mike White winning a game is more valuable to the Saleh Jets than Flacco winning a game, and I’d even go so far as to say Mike White looking competent in a close loss is worth more to the Jets than Flacco winning a game. I know that’s silly and subjective, but I feel like every snap Flacco takes is a snap wasted

• Upvote 1