Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The hits keep coming.  How has PR not stepped in and told him to stfu at this point?  Seriously. 

Agreed.  At least give the illusion you aren’t playing Zach because of the injury.   Now it just confirms they are hiding him and afraid he’ll get booed off the field by his home crowd.  

• Upvote 1

When Flacco started in place of Darnold didn't it open some eyes that the QB play had been contributing to the Jets problems on offense?  In other words, when the Jets changed one of the variables and the situation improved didn't it show that some of the other players, the system, etc. might not be quite as bad as some were blaming them to be?

Wilson is the best QB talent on the team.  There is zero question.  Most upside, most physical talent, most potential, etc.  At least that's how I see it.  But Mike White played within the system, almost like a robot as he went through his progressions and it worked.  He didn't actively ignore open WRs 7 yards away to try to complete a 25 yard pass.  That worked against Cincy and a little bit against Indy but was blown up when the book on Mike White was understood and he faced a real defense in Buffalo that wouldn't let him play like a checkdown charlie!

Seeing if Flacco can get this offense to function against a good D in Miami will be an informative step.  I want to see Wilson again as much as anyone, but I have to think that Zach is practicing, learning and getting better through this process.

• Upvote 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/19/robert-saleh-jets-need-zach-wilson-to-get-back-to-full-health-and-confidence/

OH  WAIT

Cimini botched the quote for clicks. 

"“He’s progressed well. He’ll be doubtful for the game,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s getting better, he’s putting in extra work. He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything. It’s been a month now since he’s played, and his practices are limited. He gets some snaps with the show team, but it’s not all of them. So we’re just trying to monitor and make sure he gets back to full health and confidence.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/19/robert-saleh-jets-need-zach-wilson-to-get-back-to-full-health-and-confidence/

OH  WAIT

Cimini botched the quote for clicks. 

"“He’s progressed well. He’ll be doubtful for the game,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s getting better, he’s putting in extra work. He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything. It’s been a month now since he’s played, and his practices are limited. He gets some snaps with the show team, but it’s not all of them. So we’re just trying to monitor and make sure he gets back to full health and confidence.”

LOL. 

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  At least give the illusion you aren’t playing Zach because of the injury.   Now it just confirms they are hiding him and afraid he’ll get booed off the field by his home crowd.  

Flacco can't play Sunday if somebody he talked to yesterday gets sick.

If they're not pretending Wilson isn't playing because of the injury it means they're not sure he isn't playing.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Jesus christ. Buried him.

Imagine what he teammates are thinking hearing this.

"Your QB1 is 100% but I don't trust him and he doesn't trust himself. But you should totally trust him next week."

Saleh has to go. He's a fish out of water.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about Zach’s confidence in he knee. This happens all the time in pro sports; football with knee, pitchers with elbow/ shoulder, etc….

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Jesus christ. Buried him.

Imagine what he teammates are thinking hearing this.

"Your QB1 is 100% but I don't trust him and he doesn't trust himself. But you should totally trust him next week."

Saleh has to go. He's a fish out of water.

Yeah, it's always good to watch the actual press conference for yourself . . . 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The hits keep coming.  How has PR not stepped in and told him to stfu at this point?  Seriously. 

I mean, it’s been obvious for weeks that they’re benching him for his psyche.

Effing kid broke faster than I thought he would. Which is saying something because I figure the Jets would ruin him by year 2. 

Unreal.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

- Let vet go after last season and make ZERO effort to secure a decent Vet that could start the year if you wish.

- Draft new kid #2 overall who has talent but is probaly not ready for the rigors of the NFL.

- Watch him do so so and then get hurt (predictably), have no viable backup QB at the time

- Totally panic and trade for the same vet jag you let walk after last season.

- Scramble to get no name backup in who has a great game and you say you love because he can operate the offense.

- No name back up predictably falls off performance wise.

- Name new total jag vet as the starter thus effectively tossing no name wonder QB out the air lock

- Publicly say your newly drafted QB has no confidence.

Jets blue print for QB success.

The foreseeable and avoidable mistakes are the worst of all.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, it’s been obvious for weeks that they’re benching him for his psyche.

Effing kid broke faster than I thought he would. Which is saying something because I figure the Jets would ruin him by year 2. 

Unreal.

Too early for victory lap but I smelled bust in Wilson pre draft.

Please God can I be wrong about a Jets QB for once?