Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

Everyone loved Mike White cause he had a good game.  Josh Johnson comes in against the colts and plays equally as well, yet no one wants him to play.  He’s the vet qb that’s been here all season.  Why trade for Flacco?  Now starting him might end up giving up a 5.  It’s stupid.  On all ends.

Total CYA by JD. If he had faith in White/Johnson, he wouldn't have traded for Flacco. And if he didn't have faith in them, why the **** didn't he bring in someone else during the off season???

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What I’m curious about is the angst over this because Wilson isn’t starting or White isn’t?

I think most of us here thought wilson was healthy enough to start, and this combined with white’s performance vs the bengals, you’d think the hc was confident enough in his status to start one of them.  The decision is alarming b/c this new hc is already in pure survival mode, whereas it took Rex, bowles and gase much longer to get to this point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

He’s had one good game, one bad game. One more start to get another look. Better feel if he has a future with the team. Don’t need to see Flacco.

Miami’s defense is just as good as Buffalos. They’re trying not to be out of the game by the 2nd quarter. Didn’t work for White, so why not try the veteran. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Why would you start Flacco over Mike White? I can only think of two explanations. JD is trying to cover his ass for the awful Flacco trade or  your Offensive Coaches are clueless.

Mike White has 3 starts. In those 3, he has won offensive player of the week, got hurt on a TD drive, and threw 4 picks vs the Best defense in football. He deserves another opportunity if WIlson isn't ready. Putting in Flacco is just desperation. Instead of reflecting on the scheme and their ability to coach, seems like the Jets are just throwing in random QBs to see if it makes the scheme work.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, I'm sure we all totally remember when folks were clamoring for the Jets to give up picks for an awful, washed-up QB they had recently sent packing for nothing, so he could start for the team to everyone's pure delight.

That's certainly not a poor attempt to justify any apologists who initially argued against the team's lack of interest in any other QBs, but now want to tout the apparent brilliance of a late decision to go with the worst possible option that was supposedly never even needed.

But sure, let's go with a narrative that is completely reliant on a failure to even comprehend the points anyone has made on two entirely independent arguments.

Love those trying to conflate bringing in Flacco on a desperation heave at the 11th hour is somehow the same as bringing in a QB2 with upside during the off season. It's like praising JD for shopping around for insurance after the house is already on fire.

You're just seeing the homers circle the wagons yet again around a failing team for what, like the 50th time this decade?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to call for boycotts, but Jets fans should absolutely boycott this game. Let Saleh run Flacco out there in front of 60,000 empty seats. Don’t even put the game on your television. This move is a direct insult to the fanbase, and you should be pissed.

Stubhub still has them at $32.  If they drop to $8 I might take my son to his first game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Guarantee you Wilson could play. 

Of course he can… this is all about trying to salvage the psyche of a confused rookie who’s in over his head.

They were afraid to put him in against a top defense like Buffalo’s at home, because they didn’t want him getting booed off the field. Once they saw the Miami defense in their last game, there was no way Wilson was going to play against them either.

This is akin to the Darnold walking boot fiasco his rookie year... when they sat him 3 weeks with a phantom injury against tough teams to clear his head.

You’ll never convince me it wasn’t always the plan to sit Zach until we play the Texans. If by some miracle they don’t play him then, it’s even worse than I imagine. That will mean they feel the kid is a lost cause this season, and by sitting him this year he’ll miraculously improve.

Does this seem harsh and over the top? I don’t think it is at all. It’s what? Week 10? If you’re not playing the #2 pick in the draft by now, all you’re doing is kicking the can down the road, and praying the kid isn’t a complete bust.

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

JN first 10 weeks of the season - JD is a fool, we should have had an experienced back up so that Zach could sit, watch and learn.

Week 11 - Breaking News - Experienced Back Up to Start Week 11 vs. the Phins

JN week 11 - THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!  WHAT BAFFOONS!

This is so off base, and you know that, but carry on

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to call for boycotts, but Jets fans should absolutely boycott this game. Let Saleh run Flacco out there in front of 60,000 empty seats. Don’t even put the game on your television. This move is a direct insult to the fanbase, and you should be pissed.

And to think a few hours ago I was checking Sunday’s weather forecast of 55 degrees, telling my 8 year old son it would be a good week to take him to his first game this season to see our new QB . At the time I had no idea that would mean Flacco. 

think I’m going to stay home and bribe the kid with ice cream.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2