Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

1 hour ago, football guy said:

For the record Wilson feels fine. The Jets had a plan going in that he would sit for 4 games and they stuck to it, despite his progress medically. There was some chatter that offensive coaches were petitioning for Saleh to let him back in there, but this was a decision that was agreed upon a while back by Douglas, Saleh, and Wilsob collectively. 

He will return next week 

*Sh*t we all figured out weeks ago, but you’re making believe you have inside knowledge about*

GTFO with this crap

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bullox.

White is a younger QB who has some upside even if most of the rational knew he was not some god after one game.   The reason for starting flacco is because you are too afraid white will play well?  Come on man.

well tell me if White plays well do you give Zach the start next week? you know you wont. you know this board will go gaga again and want Zach to sit.

1st it was.... Whites plays until he plays bad. White then plays really bad and its like.... i want to see more of White. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, peebag said:

Even if he shat the bed the remaining games, Saleh is not going to get fired after one season. 

i always thought that too. but i dont know if he could survive a defense that will continue to give up 40 plus points. they dont figure that out soon i could see that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, peebag said:

Even if he shat the bed the remaining games, Saleh is not going to get fired after one season. 

I agree. At this point in the season, starting Flacco, is about winning some games to save face. I don't like it. Play your future. Whether it's your backup or starter of the future. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Joe Flacco will probably go out and win this game

Doubt it, but even if he does, how does winning a game with a 40yo help us in what’s supposed to be a year to develop young QBs and other players?

You’re not playing Wilson or White, and a win hurts draft position. Don’t give me the we need to help Moore, Mims and the RBs mature stuff. White can hand off, and was getting the ball out on time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

To be fair he already shat the bed. But I agree he's not getting fired after one season even if he continues to lie in it and spread it around with snow angels. Saleh is untouchable until Gase is off the books at the end of next season. There is no way in Hell Woody is going to pay 3 HCs at the same time.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Saleh is such a piece of sh*t.

I have to doubt whether Saleh said this. If he did, he's the softest stool to ever hold a head coaching job in NY since Lou Holtz quit mid season. What did he fuggin expect??

*Phone rings*

Saleh - "Ayee" 

JD - "What up playa" 

Saleh - "Sh*t just chillin" 

JD - "Aight.. so look man, I need a solid" 

Saleh - "Man you know I owe you, so what up?"

JD - "I really need Flacco to start this week, I'm lookin like a schmuck over here"

Saleh - "Flacco? **** man, babyface is ready to go, he had a hard week of practice"

JD - "Cmon man, just 1 week, we cant trot Mikey Mike back out there again" 

Saleh - "Who?"

JD - "Mike" 

Saleh - "Who?" 

JD - "Mike White man!"

Saleh - "Oh sh*t man, I forgot, hes 4 day old news" 

JD - "... so Flacco then?"

Saleh - "Ok Man, I got you, All gas, you know me!"

JD - "Thanks playa, gotta go, Adam is calling me for a job reference right now"

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not a fan.  

The only valid reason I can see would be if White looked like trash against the scout team.  If he couldn't stand up to the blitzes and continually screwed up his reads (which he did last week) I guess I can see it.  It still seems curious.   Curious like looking at a car accident, 

good point.

we seen last week that after teams got tape on White and took the short pass away he was very shaky going over 15-20 yds. 

maybe that's who White is. that's why he was the backup?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

To be far he already shat the bed. But I agree he's not getting fired after one season even if he continues to lie in it and spread it around with snow angels. Saleh is untouchable until Gase is off the books at the end of next season. There is no way in Hell Woody is going to pay 3 HCs at the same time.

I have to doubt whether Saleh said this. If he did, he's the softest stool to ever hold a head coaching job in NY since Lou Holtz quit mid season. What did he fuggin expect??

It’s amazing how bad it continues to be. Starts at the top. Coaches, players and GM’s all taking advantage of an ownership group that doesn’t know what accountability means or how to enforce it. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, doitny said:

well tell me if White plays well do you give Zach the start next week? you know you wont. you know this board will go gaga again and want Zach to sit.

1st it was.... Whites plays until he plays bad. White then plays really bad and its like.... i want to see more of White. 

The object of the game is to develop younger qbs in a poor season.  You should not care if you are developing wilson or white, both have upside, joe flacco has none.

White plays great?  Good!  White plays poor?  Fine. 

The only real downside is giving reps and play to a guy with a foot out of the league.

• Upvote 2

So here is what I don’t understand the outrage.  And I don’t think this will be a popular opinion.

For the “need to see what we have in Mike White” folks.  Did you say the same about Darnold this off-season?  Would you say that about him now?  What is the determining factor?  That you personally could see Darnold stink, whereas Mike White hasn’t been good enough to challenge for reps until now?  What makes you think after 3+ years in the NFL Mike White has the answers but Darnold couldn’t?

To be clear, I’m not championing for Darnold.  But if want nothing to do with Darnold, you shouldn’t be saying Mike White still has a shot to prove everyone wrong.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here is what I don’t understand the outrage.  And I don’t think this will be a popular opinion.

For the “need to see what we have in Mike White” folks.  Did you say the same about Darnold this off-season?  Would you say that about him now?  What is the determining factor?  That you personally could see Darnold stink, whereas Mike White hasn’t been good enough to challenge for reps until now?  What makes you think after 3+ years in the NFL Mike White has the answers but Darnold couldn’t?

What in the world does this have to do with Darnold?

Darnold has proven he is terrible. White is probably terrible but he's had enough moments that you can ask whether or not he can play in this league. 

If White plays well you have a potential asset. If he plays badly you move on with Zach. You gain absolutely nothing playing Flacco. 

This is giving Gore carries over Perine and Johnson all over again. Saleh can get f*cked. As bad as Gase.

• Upvote 4