Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And how is White going to get experience if he gets buried behind a guy who is basically done?  This is the ideal time to learn about young players, giving them "live reps".  On top of that, where is the entertainment value of watching Flacco?  At least My Quite was fun to watch/root for.  

Yeah White was a hoot last week. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So then why not just bench Carter, Moore, AVT and Becton the rest of the year to keep them healthy for next year? If we don't think playing games helps players develop what is the purpose to keep exposing all the other talented players on the roster to injury in "WHO CARES???" Games? 

Lol if you think this is what I meant. Idk what to tell you my man. Some of you guys lack basic reading comprehension skills but I still love you all.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think the point is that absolutely no one cares about the Jets under Joe Flacco.

This is Gase feeding Gore all over again - Actively sabotaging any interest someone could have. They actually expect Jets fans to pay to see this sh*t. They're a disgrace. 

Nobody should really care about any game until Zach Wilson gets back in the line up. Mike White proving he is a long term back up isn’t something so important that you all throw hissy fits over it. So to indirectly answer the genius above that I quoted before you, AVT, Carter, Moore, etc are the only reasons to watch a single drive of this mess, the gap in impact from the QB position this Sunday isn’t so large that it should become the topic of discussion. Doesn’t matter if Flacco is 38 or 28. Neither of these guys are Wilson. Neither of these guys have a possible 10+ year future with the organization. Crying about this move is silly.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Mike White is two games removed from the producing the best Jets moment in 5 years and you're actually out here shilling for old man Flacco LMAO

And one game removed from looking like he doesn’t belong on the field once a team took away the short passing game. But we wanna see what he’s got! 
Who tf cares???

• Upvote 1

Interesting decision. It obviously means that Zack isn’t ready healthwise, unfortunately that’s the reality you want to put a guy out there who is not ready to play especially if he’s your future.

Mike White through 4 interceptions last week.remember this.

IIt obviously means that Zack isn’t ready healthwise.

unfortunately that’s the reality you don’t want to put a guy out there who is not ready to play especially if he’s your future.

A lot of you guys are up in arms want everyone fired but imagine if you will Just for a second, that they actually win by playing Joe..?

how will you react then?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The object of the game is to develop younger qbs in a poor season.  You should not care if you are developing wilson or white, both have upside, joe flacco has none.

White plays great?  Good!  White plays poor?  Fine. 

The only real downside is giving reps and play to a guy with a foot out of the league.

but you cant develop 2 QBs. there is only one spot. 

with the easier part of the schedule coming up, who do you think the Jets and even us the fans want to see benefit from that? the 2nd overall pick or the 4th yr backup? 

if White wasn't made into some Folk hero i would have no problem with him starting this week. but come hell or high water when Zack is healthy he starts. 

but we know that wont happen and that's the problem.

nobody knew who White was and now he ...needs to be developed . no Zach Wilson needs to be developed. all the snaps need to go to him. we need more than 5 games to see what he is. 

Zach got his mentor Beck here now  for 4 weeks working with him everyday. he has Flacco here a few weeks and will watch him play on Sunday. he sat for 4 weeks. everything everybody wanted for Zach is now here. he cant be healthy on the bench cause White keeps taking games from him. 

51 minutes ago, docdhc said:

If next year Wilson stinks and the Jets don’t overall improve then he’s gone. He’s not going anywhere this year and neither is Saleh. 

You can hang around in Hospice for a long time. Agreed they're not going anywhere this off season. But it will take a miraculous recovery to save either beyond that.

Would you want your job security tied to the success or failure of Zach Wilson? I sure wouldn't.

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You absolutely have to fire him at the end of the season.  This was an enormous mistake. 

He’s kind of like Bowles and Gase so far - he doesn’t do anything well at all but fails miserably in what’s supposed to be the “expertise”.

Personally, I’ve seen enough to move on at seasons end. It won’t happen though. We have to wait out the last head coaches expiring contract, just like last time. While we have another draft and FA looking for players for his system.

Unless Zach makes things interesting, next year is a punt like 2020 was.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This team truly 100% hates every one of us 

Love all the scrambling and covering in this thread to justify this decision. How can one not see that starting a guy who wasn't on the team 2 weeks ago is nothing less than a neon bright admission of ******* up?

Trubisky and Minshew were virtually free and each could've had camp, pre-season and 9 weeks of practices under their belts at this point.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Or after looking at film they have concluded White sucks, too.

Not only film, remember the CS has seen White in practice every day.  IMO that is why they brought Flacco in as soon as Wilson went down.  The Bills game only confirmed what they were seeing in practice.

This still begs the question, why wasn't a vet brought in at cut downs?  IMO the CS has really screwed up with the QB room. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Mike White is two games removed from the producing the best Jets moment in 5 years and you're actually out here shilling for old man Flacco LMAO

There is a meaningful portion of our JN Fanbase who seems to really dislike White as a player.

What I find interesting is how much many of those same guys love Wilson, who so far is worse than White in almost every way.

It's an unfair world, #2 picks get dozens of chances to suck and even after years of sucking have loyal defenders of their "potential", mid-round journeymen suck one time (against the #1 overall Defense in a 50 point rout because of our Defense), and Fans want them immediately cut and stricken from the historical record Stalin-style.

Honestly, this smells like Coaching staff desperation to me.  Their terrified right now because of how pathetic this team is.  The Defense is on track to be the worst Defense in NFL history (yes, read that again, the worst Defense ever to play the sport!).  They need a win like a drowning man needs a life preserver.  They are (I think) starting to realize that more games like we've seen so far, these horribly embarrassing lopsided defeats, and they might just not survive their first season after all.  Short term thinking > long term planning.  They need a win.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m truly shocked by this forum’s reaction to this.

You’re not wrong in that in the grand scheme of things this doesn’t really matter.  My only question is WHY Flacco?   I get that White didn’t play well last week, but didn’t he earn another chance to at least start one more game?   You can even start him on a short leash and bring in Flacco if need be.  To me it just seems odd you would bench the guy who’s brought the most excitement to this team all year.   If Zach was ready, then no problem, sit White, but for Flacco?  Seems odd.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is a meaningful portion of our JN Fanbase who seems to really dislike White as a player.

What I find interesting is how much many of those same guys love Wilson, who so far is worse than White in almost every way.

It's an unfair world, #2 picks get dozens of chances to suck and even after years of sucking have loyal defenders of their "potential", mid-round journeymen suck one time (against the #1 overall Defense in a 50 point rout because of our Defense), and Fans want them immediately cut and stricken from the historical record Stalin-style.

Honestly, this smells like Coaching staff desperation to me.  Their terrified right now because of how pathetic this team is.  The Defense is on track to be the worst Defense in NFL history (yes, read that again, the worst Defense ever to play the sport!).  They need a win like a drowning man needs a life preserver.  They are (I think) starting to realize that more games like we've seen so far, these horribly embarrassing lopsided defeats, and they might just not survive their first season after all.  Short term thinking > long term planning.  They need a win.

He has been in 4 training camps  isnt he suppose to look better than zach in terms of mental? 

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not only film, remember the CS has seen White in practice every day.  IMO that is why they brought Flacco in as soon as Wilson went down.  The Bills game only confirmed what they were seeing in practice.

This still begs the question, why wasn't a vet brought in at cut downs?  IMO the CS has really screwed up with the QB room. 

It's exactly what many of us were saying.  Not sure what could have been JD's mindset.  But we are right now seeing the rotten fruit of that decision.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Flacco? Really? I’d rather see Shane Falco. 

Hell, I'll take Edie Falco.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's exactly what many of us were saying.  Not sure what could have been JD's mindset.  But we are right now seeing the rotten fruit of that decision.

Oh how this view was butt fumbled this off season. Whenever JN disagrees with me, all I gotta do is wait!

• Upvote 1