Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's exactly what many of us were saying.  Not sure what could have been JD's mindset.  But we are right now seeing the rotten fruit of that decision.

I would think what the QB room looked like was more on Saleh then on Douglas.

Douglas has control over the roster, but unless he's following the Mac mold his HC would have a lot to say with the final QB room.

Just now, fullblast said:

Right, but he also practiced the past 2 weeks. He wouldn't have been able to on IR.

He was limited, what was he actually doing?   I don’t think he was even in shells.  All in all it’s not a huge deal they didn’t IR him, but i just question that was the plan all along.  

1 hour ago, undertow said:

This is the same argument people gave for starting White over Wilson for awhile now all of a sudden people understand it when it fits their narrative? lol

i never made that argument, but hey - it is not my narrative as i have no skin in this game; never liked the trade but hey enjoy.

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The only explanation is Saleh and Joe are feeling the heat. Miami has a tough defense. They probably think the vet gives them the best chance to win.

Considering they didn’t seem to take the off-season or training camp seriously and the team looks disorganized and disinterested…this is probably a fair assumption.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Dont sit here and grand stand like you're above everyone who is pissed off about this decision

It isn’t this personal my man. I’m simply not moved by the decision. It’s one game. Nothing to lose. Nothing to gain besides rookie offensive skill player development & I’m not above anyone. I love you all. We have different opinions all the time. I think the opposite’s POV is a bit over dramatic at the moment & I’ve seen much more to be mad about from this team as of recent (defense) but whatevs.

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You're not some, whatever fan, that is blasé about the whole situation.  You're just as passionate about this team as anyone else in here, so I'm not buying your cool guy act one bit.  

Most situations I am, most definitely, today, in this situation, I’m really not. Again, it’s one game where an old bum is getting one game over a young bum (I like Mike White btw but I’ve had my fill). No cool guy act here, just confused at the hysteria. The sky is falling level have been a bit out of the norm as of recent.(agree there is a lot to be mad about though) but this one just isn’t it for me.

25 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Remove the names and look at the situation, how it's played out and the lack of competence displayed.  Thats what rationale people are pissed about.  I could give a **** about Joe Flacco, I could give a **** about the record, I could give a **** about the outcome on Sunday.  What I care about is that the people in charge, are complete ******* morons and we're supposed to have faith they can turn the worst run in the history of the franchise around? 

Nah dawg, this sh*t is next level incompetence and everyone in the ******* building needs to be fired and you dont get to parade around here like you're the sensible one. 

Seems to me based on today’s press conference they want someone who can read coverage a bit better, be calm during the blitz and has a bit of a stronger arm. They took the short passing game away and the PA was nonexistent, our bread and butter, gone. White can’t throw deep. Not saying it’s the right or wrong decision because the decision would have to have repercussions for me to say something is right or wrong.(which, to me, it barely does) but how they’ve handled the situation hasn’t really been that bad imho. They’re desperate for wins and Flacco matches up better with what they want for this Miami game. It’s whatever honestly. Wilson will be back week after and everyone will have other things to be upset about. 

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nah dawg, this sh*t is next level incompetence and everyone in the ******* building needs to be fired and you dont get to parade around here like you're the sensible one. 

Meh.. am I really the sensible one here being that I’m a New York Jets fan? I’m just cruising broski, whatever happens, happens. I’ve far reached that point in my life time as a Jets fan.

if I had to guess, the slow and steady, do things the right way, develop the kids approach was kaboshed in a meeting with Woody and Hymie who don’t want to get embarrassed by a division rival, again.  Unfortunately, they have been embarrassed too many times.  Watch Flacco connect with Moore and Mims for long gains.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re trotting out Flacco over both White and Wilson in a lost season wherein the team is the most gutless and boring team in football. The solitary excuse they can lean on is that they’ve sucked by design to get their young QB ready, and now they’re throwing that out the window and hoping no one notices. Go ask one of these suckers who pay $50 to park their car in a swamp in Jersey for three hours eight times a year if this is a “small thing.” Ostensibly, the football team is an entertainment product and the organization has decided it was ok to just air reruns of their worst episode while telling the fans to just deal with it.

You guys really think White is that much better than Flacco? For **** sakes.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The only explanation is Saleh and Joe are feeling the heat. Miami has a tough defense. They probably think the vet gives them the best chance to win.

Or since weed is legal in NJ they got in a fresh batch and had a conversation along the lines of

Hey Rob - since Jets fan always feel they have endured such pain - lets test them out and see if we can't finally break them? Hey Joe  - great idea - let's start Flacco when he has no business even being on the squad. Let's see how many of these poor bastards we can finally break.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re trotting out Flacco over both White and Wilson in a lost season wherein the team is the most gutless and boring team in football. The solitary excuse they can lean on is that they’ve sucked by design to get their young QB ready, and now they’re throwing that out the window and hoping no one notices. Go ask one of these suckers who pay $50 to park their car in a swamp in Jersey for three hours eight times a year if this is a “small thing.” Ostensibly, the football team is an entertainment product and the organization has decided it was ok to just air reruns of their worst episode while telling the fans to just deal with it.

The only thing left to do now is hope Flacco has the second 400-yard performance by a Jets QB this millennium. 

"But no one could succeed in this environment!" can then be engraved on the Zachians' tombstones.

• Upvote 1

I really think if you look past the headline this is getting blown of proportion.  I get that we expected to Zach to be back by now and if he wasn't a rookie and we were in a playoff hunt, he would probably be playing.  I think it's pretty straightforward, he's not 100% healthy yet and they would rather not throw him out there against a team that blitz's a lot, but I think even bigger than that is the fact that we're home and coming off a blowout loss.  The fans are rightfully not going to be patient and if Zach gets off to a slow start, the boo birds will be out early.  Let him start on the road against the Texans, a much better landing spot given the situation.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here is what I don’t understand the outrage.  And I don’t think this will be a popular opinion.

For the “need to see what we have in Mike White” folks.  Did you say the same about Darnold this off-season?  Would you say that about him now?  What is the determining factor?  That you personally could see Darnold stink, whereas Mike White hasn’t been good enough to challenge for reps until now?  What makes you think after 3+ years in the NFL Mike White has the answers but Darnold couldn’t?

To be clear, I’m not championing for Darnold.  But if want nothing to do with Darnold, you shouldn’t be saying Mike White still has a shot to prove everyone wrong.

White had a game and a half so far above anything darnold has ever done it is not funny.

On top of that the same coaching staff were bleating a week ago that white had a good grasp of the offense, they had cofidence in him etc etc.

On top of that the organization went out of their way to have no vet presence at QB this past off season when lots were around as always.

There is zero upside to start joe flacco if one of the other younger qbs is ready to go.

The team seems totally panic stricken.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So then why not just bench Carter, Moore, AVT and Becton the rest of the year to keep them healthy for next year? If we don't think playing games helps players develop what is the purpose to keep exposing all the other talented players on the roster to injury in "WHO CARES???" Games? 

You could argue playing Flacco could benefit some of those players more than having Mike White start. Did you really feel Mike White would be our long term answer at QB ?

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

And still doesn’t have a arm like flacco.  Man out there throwing punts on anything mid to deep 

If they’re worried about arm strength, they should be starting Wilson. His teammates see Wilson in practice. They know he’s healthy, and now they know that the org is actively holding him out of games because… Every player on that field is hurt at this time of year, but they’re keeping their golden child QB out because he’s not 100%? Weak sh*t.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Mike White is two games removed from the producing the best Jets moment in 5 years and you're actually out here shilling for old man Flacco LMAO

He did not complete a pass over 20 yards in that game. While it was fun to watch, teams can defend that and force him to throw long. He failed miserably when that happened on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So why the fck was he on the roster to begin with, why did we not keep flacco instead of having to trade for him, why did we not have another vet on the team from day one.

It is impossible to spin this in any manner that makes douglas and saleh look like they know what they are doing at the Qb position.

Flacco wanted a starting job and thought he could beat out hurts. Its well documented the jets wanted and tried to retain flacco in the off-season. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If they’re worried about arm strength, they should be starting Wilson. His teammates see Wilson in practice. They know he’s healthy, and now they know that the org is actively holding him out of games because… Every player on that field is hurt at this time of year, but they’re keeping their golden child QB out because he’s not 100%? Weak sh*t.

Wilson isnt 100%. He is on the 4th week on a projected 4 week injury.  definitely dont need another Becton situation. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So why the fck was he on the roster to begin with, why did we not keep flacco instead of having to trade for him, why did we not have another vet on the team from day one.

It is impossible to spin this in any manner that makes douglas and saleh look like they know what they are doing at the Qb position.

Honestly with the QB position already hopelessly screwed by JD over the off season I 100% would've preferred we brought in Cam Newton for 0 trade capital. Would be a helluva lot more entertaining than Sleepy Joe giving the NFL teat a couple last squeezes.