Are the Jets afraid of Mike White?

4 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

It makes perfect sense to bench Wilson for this game and give him the full 4 weeks to heal from the knee injury. 

However,  part of me thinks they are afraid that MW will play well again. I think they were taken back by how much attention he received and didn’t want to give him another opportunity to supersede Wilson. 

With Flacco the Jets are covered. He’s not part of the future, and his career achievements allow them to sell the “gives us the best chance to win” mantra to the fan base. 

All that said it’s a really unfortunate decision by the organization. Mike White is loved by the fan base and the Jets locker room. He deserved another shot. Saleh said on Monday “he had one bad game and now everyone is going to toss him aside?” That’s exactly what the Jets did here. 

I think Douglas and Saleh are going to take a ton of heat for this and rightfully so. Also feel bad for Joe Flacco who is collateral damage in this disaster. 

YES!!!

i said all you said in as many thread as i can say it. 

but if Flacco plays well then its fine..

• Upvote 1

If the Jets are afraid of anything I think it would be that Mike White has some weird cult hero thing going on right now when in reality his production over the season is very similar to Wilson, albeit slightly better.  And conversely lots of fans are ready to give up on Wilson already.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

It makes perfect sense to bench Wilson for this game and give him the full 4 weeks to heal from the knee injury. 

However,  part of me thinks they are afraid that MW will play well again. I think they were taken back by how much attention he received and didn’t want to give him another opportunity to supersede Wilson. 

With Flacco the Jets are covered. He’s not part of the future, and his career achievements allow them to sell the “gives us the best chance to win” mantra to the fan base. 

All that said it’s a really unfortunate decision by the organization. Mike White is loved by the fan base and the Jets locker room. He deserved another shot. Saleh said on Monday “he had one bad game and now everyone is going to toss him aside?” That’s exactly what the Jets did here. 

I think Douglas and Saleh are going to take a ton of heat for this and rightfully so. Also feel bad for Joe Flacco who is collateral damage in this disaster. 

This whole theory falls on it's face when you look at the fact that they started him the last 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This whole theory falls on it's face when you look at the fact that they started him the last 2 weeks.

they had no choice after the Cincy game. and he got hurt early in the Indy game. so Mike White mania was still going strong. the Bills game was really his 2nd full start.

You hate to even write this stuff.   But Mike White already had his "15 minutes of fame" (shot his NFL load, if you will).  Never going to be an NFL stater or displace a true franchise QB.  

The even sadder part for us is that, at least currently, Zack Wilson is not a proven franchise QB, or even worthy of starting.  So, we need to trot out fossil Joe Flacco 'cause he's better than the other two alternatives.   Three if you count fellow relic Josh Johnson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Neither Flacco or White are part of the future 

So you might as well go with the vet who you just gave up a draft pick to acquire and is capable of throwing the ball beyond 15 yards.

So you see no role for White as our backup QB going forward?

Why not just cut him now then?  Presume you'd be ok with that.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If the Jets are afraid of anything I think it would be that Mike White has some weird cult hero thing going on right now when in reality his production over the season is very similar to Wilson, albeit slightly better.  And conversely lots of fans are ready to give up on Wilson already.

It’s all image-related. 

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Or, they are desperate to win a game or be competitive in one and they think 13 year veteran Joe Flacco gives them a better chance than Mike White.

Ok so with this rationale if Flacco plays well he is starting the rest of the season right?  Or if Wilson is horrible again he will be benched for the QB who gives them the best chance to win and develop young players?   Or does this just apply to this Sunday and after that Wilson plays and can suck it up and that's fine screw wins and developing players.

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Ok so with this rationale if Flacco plays well he is starting the rest of the season right?  Or if Wilson is horrible again he will be benched for the QB who gives them the best chance to win and develop young players right?   Or does this rationale just apply to this Sunday?

Make no mistake. Flacco was not brought into win games. He was brought in because it seemed like a reasonable thing to do on paper to cover JD's ass but at the same time carries a low risk of outshining Wilson.

Absolute gutless move by a gutless team.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Make no mistake. Flacco was not brought into win games. He was brought in because it seemed like a reasonable thing to do on paper to cover JD's ass but at the same time carries a low risk of outshining Wilson.

Absolute gutless move by a gutless team.

I personally don't care who they start anymore but can everyone just keep their narratives straight?  They seem to change depending on who people want to play or who they are trying to protect.

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

I personally don't care who they start anymore but can everyone just keep their narratives straight?  They seem to change depending on who people want to play or who they are trying to protect.

People have agendas. News at 11. :) 

• Haha 1