Are the Jets afraid of Mike White?

Just now, jgb said:

It's indisputably worse to slander those who dislike Flacco starting in favor of White of believe that Mike White is "our Tom Brady."

I’m just calling it like it is. The truth is Mike White does not deserve a third start because he wet the bed last week. End of story .

MoveOn he’s not gonna be the next franchise quarterback of the New York Jets you know why? Because he isn’t that good

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I’m just calling it like it is. The truth is Mike White does not deserve a third start because he wet the bed last week. End of story .

MoveOn he’s not gonna be the next franchise quarterback of the New York Jets you know why? Because he isn’t that good

"Deserve" boy that is a word that grinds my gears.

There is value in determining whether Mike White is a viable QB2 or whether we need to expend draft/money/trade capital to address the position this off season.

FYI I rampaged against JD on here for going into the season with Mike White as QB2. Savagely. I issued an official jgb bust alert for JD before the season began because of his bungling of the QB room. I'm no Mike White apologist, fan, acolyte, whatever. 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Not being a big conspiracy theorist, I don't actually believe the Saleh/JD are afraid of Mike White playing well and outshining Zach. I think they are afraid of another meltdown and embarrassment. 

I don't think Flacco gives us the best chance to win between the two -- Mike White had a better game than Flacco has had since his Balti days. But Flacco gives the Jets the least chance to be utterly embarrassed. That, I believe, is the calculation that went into this decision.

While this certainly could be the case, i also think by starting Flacco, win or lose, its an easy handoff back to Zack next week.  Even if Flacco plays incredible,  everyone will be ok with Zack starting next weekend.  But if Mike White were to start this weekend and play well, the pressure on JD and Saleh will to be continue playing him.  Even if they were to go back to Zack the following week, the pressure would be on to pull Zack as soon as he plays poor again.  This is Saleh & JD worrying about get slaughtered by the media and fans.  Taking the safe road 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetpain said:

While this certainly could be the case, i also think by starting Flacco, win or lose, its an easy handoff back to Zack next week.  Even if Flacco plays incredible,  everyone will be ok with Zack starting next weekend.  But if Mike White were to start this weekend and play well, the pressure on JD and Saleh will to be continue playing him.  Even if they were to go back to Zack the following week, the pressure would be on to pull Zack as soon as he plays poor again.  This is Saleh & JD worrying about get slaughtered by the media and fans.  Taking the safe road 

Basically we agree that JD/Saleh/Woody made the gutless call.

Color me shocked.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

So MW deserves to play ( even though his last game was awful) because the team needs to determine whether or not he’s the backup for next year?

I think he proved himself as a back up, nothing more. That’s why he’s not starting this week.

Again... "deserve" no. There is no "deserve." There is what is best for the team. Getting reps/evaling your backup QB in live game action is a silver lining to this turd of a season. You don't waste that on Joe Flacco.

Now, if JD has learned the error of his ways and brings in Minshew or Trubisky (who wouldn't want anything to do with us anyway) then all is forgiven. My confidence that will happen? Somewhere near the odds that peak Claudia Schiffer will step out of a DeLorean tonight and offer me a hummer.

• Haha 1

You guys with your theories. 
You crack me up. The media since Wednesday’s announcement, have been hammering away at this thing and even today E Roberts said exactly the same thing on the air, adding fuel to the fire. It’s been a slow week news wise so why not beat up on the the loser Jets.

MW executed  the Philly special, Joe Flacco is boring , I. Get it.

backups don’t start . They back up

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Exhibit #1:L

evan roberts must be on this site, he just uttered the the jets are afraid of the success of Mike White conspiracy

i said the same thing. 

i said on every thread about this how if White plays good then there going to have to keep starting him.

and not one person in any of those threads challenged me on that. not one.

they didnt say ....oh no your wrong. i just want to see White one more time to see what we have. i dont care if he throws 4 TDs Wilson can start the Texans game if hes healthy.

nope. not one person. 

so the theory is true. or at least we all believe it. or some of us want that to happen cause maybe some of us think Wilson is a bust or never liked him to begin with. 

and the Media and the fans blew this White Mania" up.

now you all know why Jax traded Minshew and we didn't sign him. why we didn't sign Trubinsky. this fan base is so starved for a QB that if they got a chance and played well while Zach was struggling with being a rookie then we would be fighting over them starting instead of White.

they went with White because even though they knew he had some ability there would be no calls for him to start if Zach struggled. but Zach gets hurt and that forces White to play and messes up the plan.

they not only invested the #2OA pick on Wilson but they listened to you and brought in his personal Mentor. so what if its 2 months and late. they still did it. you all wanted him to sit and watch Flacco? well guess what hes going to do Sunday. sit and watch Flacco.

and i think for Zachs development it would be better to watch Flacco then to sit an watch a PS QB who has played in 3 games and 1 game was really good and one really bad. 

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

i said the same thing. 

i said on every thread about this how if White plays good then there going to have to keep starting him.

and not one person in any of those threads challenged me on that. not one.

they didnt say ....oh no your wrong. i just want to see White one more time to see what we have. i dont care if he throws 4 TDs Wilson can start the Texans game if hes healthy.

nope. not one person. 

so the theory is true. or at least we all believe it. or some of us want that to happen cause maybe some of us think Wilson is a bust or never liked him to begin with. 

and the Media and the fans blew this White Mania" up.

now you all know why Jax traded Minshew and we didn't sign him. why we didn't sign Trubinsky. this fan base is so starved for a QB that if they got a chance and played well while Zach was struggling with being a rookie then we would be fighting over them starting instead of White.

they went with White because even though they knew he had some ability there would be no calls for him to start if Zach struggled. but Zach gets hurt and that forces White to play and messes up the plan.

they not only invested the #2OA pick on Wilson but they listened to you and brought in his personal Mentor. so what if its 2 months and late. they still did it. you all wanted him to sit and watch Flacco? well guess what hes going to do Sunday. sit and watch Flacco.

and i think for Zachs development it would be better to watch Flacco then to sit an watch a PS QB who has played in 3 games and 1 game was really good and one really bad. 

Your theory is viable. I happen to believe the Jets are just desperate to avoid another embarrassment and are going with the guy with the higher floor while ignoring the ceiling. But brother, you could damn well be right.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Your theory is viable. I happen to believe the Jets are just desperate to avoid another embarrassment and are going with the guy with the higher floor while ignoring the ceiling. But brother, you could damn well be right.

i believe your right too. they need wins. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Welcome to the most toxic team in professional sports. I cannot believe nobody warned you.

Also, we understand that you're signaling that Flacco starting was out of your control.

Saleh is either incompetent 

Or a puppet for the GM or Owner

Neither outcome is good. 

22 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Well, at least we can laugh at all this sh*t!

Who’s ok with tanking at ending up with the #1 pick?

there is a path, you know?

Hell ya! Let's get the top space-eating DT in the draft to replace Q who JD will trade for a conditional 3rd.

• Haha 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

I’m serious.

The number one pick is well within our grasp.

Maybe JD learned from last year. When you gotta tank, trade for Flacco, play Flacco.

There’s a conspiracy theory for ya!

I like it. And when JD trades down to accumulates picks to build around Wilson and misses out on a couple of HOF QBs, I'll have another 10 years of material to work with.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

I like it. And when JD trades down to accumulates picks to build around Wilson and misses out on a couple of HOF QBs, I'll have another 10 years of material to work with.

I’m serious. The number one pick is well within our grasp. Maybe JD learned from last year. When you gotta tank, trade for Flacco, play Flacco. There’s a conspiracy theory for ya!

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

I’m serious. The number one pick is well within our grasp. Maybe JD learned from last year. When you gotta tank, trade for Flacco, play Flacco. There’s a conspiracy theory for ya!

Yes... I've already endorsed. What else you got? :P 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, heymangold said:

Mike White stinks,  he’s a backup qb.

im more upset that they traded for and are now starting Joe Flacco.  Why not Johnson?

This is really the better question.  Suck for sucks sake.  Does it really matter if its Flacco or Johnson that leads us to another high draft pick?   The Flacco trade smacks of desperation.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

This is really the better question.  Suck for sucks sake.  Does it really matter if its Flacco or Johnson that leads us to another high draft pick?   The Flacco trade smacks of desperation.

Flacco trade was a gutless CYA because JD knew he effed up by not bringing in one of the cheap better options in the off season.

Oh, can't possibly challenge Zach with a stud like Mitch Trubisky or Gardner Minshew -- we might break him!

GTFO outta here (to JD not you, Jetscode).

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

To be honest I’m tired of every year being “let’s lose for draft position”.  I’d rather see a guy like Johnson, who has some athletic ability, go out there and try and win other than statue Joe.

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Yes that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. we’re going to cut the guy  just picked second overall because he’s played like well A ROOKIE after 6 games?

OK got it very funny ha ha Ha

Its just as funny as starting a washed up Joe Flacco on the second go around when we have a back-up who we need to see what he is made of

So yeah, my suggestion is just as stupid as starting Flacco....But mine was intended to be stupid.  Starting Flacco is just flat out stupid.

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure why you think JD hands arent involvdd. They are very close from Baltimore. JD was the area scout that told Ozzie to draft Flacco. 

Flacco getting a start gives him an audition or another team. 

Pssshaw. JD doesn't care about Flacco. He cares about not receiving another televised spanking and delaying the inevitable exposure of his #2 overall pick.