fire joe and the coach today( I know it wont happen )

kmnj

Its the 100% right move to start Flacco.  Mike White threw 4 picks and looked like a high school qb out there last week.  It was embarrassing.  Mike White lost the job.

Jet fans have seriously lost their minds.  I have never seen anything like it.

When we are very competitive next year and making a super bowl run in 2023, there is going to be so much crow eaten here it will be unbelievable.

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

White should have thrown 7 interceptions last week, if you want to be outraged cry about the Jets not starting Josh Johnson who has been better than white by every measure 

He is a 35 year old journey man who has played for 10 teams.   If he were the deal, it would have shown by now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the 100% right move to start Flacco.  Mike White threw 4 picks and looked like a high school qb out there last week.  It was embarrassing.  Mike White lost the job.

When we are very competitive next year and making a super bowl run in 2023, there is going to be so much crow eaten here it will be unbelievable.

He had an awful game but at least it was against a great defense.  I'd be much more interested to see if he can bounce back.  Why not at least audition him for the backup job?  What is there to be gained by starting Flacco?  

• Upvote 4

I know it wont happen too.

Very much not a fan of the Flacco > White decision (imagine if Wilson got that short a tryout!)

Flacco gives us nothing, he is not any form of solution or answer at anything for us, he'll be gone again this offseason.

We're what, 2-7?  The season, in terms of being competitive, is already long over.

All we get now is hope about our future.  If Wilson isn't ready, White at least tells us something:

1. If White can do it, Wilson damn well better be the equal or better to White in every way.

2. Is White the long-term answer at #2 QB for the Jets.

Flacco answers nothing, does nothing, it's a clear-cut a short-term, gotta try and win a game to save my ass, Coach's decision as we've seen.  

But with all that said, while I'll likely be onboard with firing everyone this offseason, I'm not for firing them mid-season, that too does literally nothing for our team or future.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Every year, we have the same conversations, no matter the players, GMs or HCs.  It's just always a mess.  One of these decades (centuries?) we'll finally get it right.   Maybe.

I simply do not have that many years left. Oh well, there is always the rerun of Superbowl 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

flacco has no role in the future of the jets-it is pointless to play him-the jets let him leave for a reason

are we back at the " he gives us the chance to win" mantra"?

this season is over evaluate players that may be here next year

I was NOT one of the guys that was crowning Mike White-I thought it was silly but what is far far far worse is playing flacco who once again is washed, old and has no future here

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

sunday is low 50's and cloudy - possibly 35-40k in attendance with 50% fins fans? 

If it were Zach of Mike White you could make a small case to go. Flacco?  

u mean u are not excited to see a washed dude with no future in the organization play?

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So your theory is that the most diehard subset of Jets fans that post on this board despite the wreckage around us will be eating crow if the Jets win a Super Bowl? I will never understand the homer brain.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I simply do not have that many years left. Oh well, there is always the rerun of Superbowl 3.

Sucks, right?   I was a teen for SBIII.  Still can't believe it was 53 years ago.

How about if we should pre-decease prior to theJets winning another one, we agree to haunt and otherwise torment from the afterlife Jet ownership, management and coaches?  

I think @TomShane mentioned this at some point. Why are teams risking injury to rack up points even when the game is already far out of reach? Is Saleh hated more than we think around the league? I get BB, he's a d**k. But Frank Reich and Sean McDermott aren't known to be a-holes. Typically when a game is out of hand, teams take out their starters and try and run the clock down. These guys were still slinging it deep into the 4th quarter.

It's all just really odd.

Edit: The conspiracist in me is thinking this is a league wide mandate sent by Goodell to try and get the Johnsons to sell because of low of attendance. If attendance continues to tank, the league is going to get involved. While we are not a marquee team, we do have loyal fans and the low attendance is a black eye on the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

So your theory is that the most diehard subset of Jets fans that post on this board despite the wreckage around us will be eating crow if the Jets win a Super Bowl? I will never understand the homer brain.

Its not a homer brain.  Its realizing what this organization is doing and not having unrealistic expectations when ur in game 10 of a ground up rebuild.

If we are getting our ass handed to is like this in game 10 of next year, yes then I will be concerned.

But thats not going to happen.  We have the best, young gm/hc in the league.  Many of our young players are playing extremely well.  We have a boatload of high draft picks and money to spend in free agency.

This is going to be a very competitive team next year and an excellent team come 2023.

Seeing the long term vision and understanding the growing pains that come w/ that doesnt make me a homer.

I know its not easy to see a long term plan but open ur eyes guys.  This is how building long term success starts.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not a homer brain.  Its realizing what this organization is doing and not having unrealistic expectations when ur in game 10 of a ground up rebuild.

If we are getting our ass handed to is like this in game 10 of next year, yes then I will be concerned.

But thats not going to happen.  We have the best, young gm/hc in the league.  Many of our young players are playing extremely well.  We have a boatload of high draft picks and money to spend in free agency.

This is going to be a very competitive team next year and an excellent team come 2023.

Seeing the long term vision and understanding the growing pains that come w/ that doesnt make me a homer.

I know its not easy to see a long term plan but open ur eyes guys.  This is how building long term success starts.

This is game 42 of a ground up rebuild. And that doesn't count the last two contractors that were thrown off the job site.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I know it wont happen too.

Very much not a fan of the Flacco > White decision (imagine if Wilson got that short a tryout!)

Flacco gives us nothing, he is not any form of solution or answer at anything for us, he'll be gone again this offseason.

We're what, 2-7?  The season, in terms of being competitive, is already long over.

All we get now is hope about our future.  If Wilson isn't ready, White at least tells us something:

1. If White can do it, Wilson damn well better be the equal or better to White in every way.

2. Is White the long-term answer at #2 QB for the Jets.

Flacco answers nothing, does nothing, it's a clear-cut a short-term, gotta try and win a game to save my ass, Coach's decision as we've seen.  

But with all that said, while I'll likely be onboard with firing everyone this offseason, I'm not for firing them mid-season, that too does literally nothing for our team or future.

how do you know Wilson isnt ready? he sat now 4 games. has has his personal mentor Beck for a month now. Flacco has been here just as long. and he gets to watch a vet play this Sunday.

If he aint ready by now he never will be.

inst it more important to see if Wilson is our guy then to see if White is his backup? 

if White plays well then when do we see Wilson? after a bad game by White? oh just like last week. 

Flacco is starting because JD he finally has everyone except some of this fan base off the Mike White train. one good game by White starts up the QB controversy again. 

if i thought for one second we could start White Sunday and he had a good game and we could go back to Wilson against the Texans i would do it. but that would never happen. White would have to keep playing.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There's a group of fans who's opinions are solely based on if it makes Joe Douglas or Zach Wilson look good or bad.

• Upvote 2