Jump to content

fire joe and the coach today( I know it wont happen )


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

while there are plenty of reasons to be upset with JD, why fire him over who the CS chooses to start? 

Because when it's your job to go shopping for groceries for Thanksgiving but you get stoned instead and come home three hours later with beef jerky, Teddy Grahams, and a 2-liter of Code Red, whatever comes out of the kitchen is on you.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its the 100% right move to start Flacco.  Mike White threw 4 picks and looked like a high school qb out there last week.  It was embarrassing.  Mike White lost the job. Jet fans have seriously lo

So fire the coach and gm right now and start Mike White?  I’m sure that will lead to the results you want!

there is no reason to start Flacco over White unless White is hurt- (White- who just a week ago Joe and the Coach were ready to give the job to over Wilson which was beyond dumb based on the draft cap

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sucks, right?   I was a teen for SBIII.  Still can't believe it was 53 years ago.

How about if we should pre-decease prior to theJets winning another one, we agree to haunt and otherwise torment from the afterlife Jet ownership, management and coaches?  

my father was a fan since inception-I would argue the biggest fan ever-together we attended over 325 games (on the road and home) in person since I was a kid.

Superbowl three he simply could not afford to go at the time-he said. I will just go next time.... We joked about it many times over the years -he said knowing what he knew he would have done anything to go. He had no idea they would never make it back-lost him in a car accident two years ago. One of the things that was sad for me was he never got to see the jets win in person

  • Sad 5
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is game 42 of a ground up rebuild. And that doesn't count the last two contractors that were thrown off the job site.

Its not game 42 of the rebuild.  The rebuild started w/ the new coach and qb.  Not understanding this is mindboggling.

Joe Douglas was given some time to evaluate if gase/darnold was salvageable.  He deemed they werent and the ground up rebuild began.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not game 42 of the rebuild.  The rebuild started w/ the new coach and qb.  Not understanding this is mindboggling.

Joe Douglas was given some time to evaluate if gase/darnold was salvageable.  He deemed they werent and the ground up rebuild began.

I hope you're the stop watch operator at my next triathalon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

my father was a fan since inception-I would argue the biggest fan ever-together we attended over 325 games (on the road and home) in person since I was a kid.

Superbowl three he simply could not afford to go at the time-he said. I will just go next time.... We joked about it many times over the years -he said knowing what he knew he would have done anything to go. He had no idea they would never make it back-lost him in a car accident two years ago. One of the things that was sad for me was he never got to see the jets win in person

So sorry you lost your Dad that way, kmnj.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I think @TomShane mentioned this at some point. Why are teams risking injury to rack up points even when the game is already far out of reach? Is Saleh hated more than we think around the league? I get BB, he's a d**k. But Frank Reich and Sean McDermott aren't known to be a-holes. Typically when a game is out of hand, teams take out their starters and try and run the clock down. These guys were still slinging it deep into the 4th quarter.

It's all just really odd.

 

Edit: The conspiracist in me is thinking this is a league wide mandate sent by Goodell to try and get the Johnsons to sell because of low of attendance. If attendance continues to tank, the league is going to get involved. While we are not a marquee team, we do have loyal fans and the low attendance is a black eye on the league.

They're not "running it up".

Our D is just that bad.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

So sorry you lost your Dad that way, kmnj.   

thanks no good way to go but it was brutal

he loved the jets-it was a bond we shared-even through tons of terrible games it was always sunday together

the rex years although some hate Rex, we had some terrific times at the stadium which was as loud as you can imagine 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

thanks no good way to go but it was brutal

he loved the jets-it was a bond we shared-even through tons of terrible games it was always sunday together

the rex years although some hate Rex, we had some terrific times at the stadium which was as loud as you can imagine 

 

It's great that you have a bunch of happy memories of good times shared with your Dad.  Amazingly, involving the Jets.  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

my father was a fan since inception-I would argue the biggest fan ever-together we attended over 325 games (on the road and home) in person since I was a kid.

Superbowl three he simply could not afford to go at the time-he said. I will just go next time.... We joked about it many times over the years -he said knowing what he knew he would have done anything to go. He had no idea they would never make it back-lost him in a car accident two years ago. One of the things that was sad for me was he never got to see the jets win in person

325 games together and he never saw the Jets win in person. Yup that sums it up.

Kidding aside, sharing the pain of Jets fandom is actually a bit of a happy memory if you think about it. You guys went through it together. And one day, when the Jets win it all, your great-great-great-grandson will be sitting up there on Ganymede smoking a nitrogen cigar remembering how much all of his ancestors loved the Jets!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike White has about as much chance to be the Jets starting QB in 2022 as Joe Flacco does, so I'm not sure what the outrage is over. 

As another poster said, this is a "beach" day. In fact, every week is until Wilson gets the green light to play again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because when it's your job to go shopping for groceries for Thanksgiving but you get stoned instead and come home three hours later with beef jerky, Teddy Grahams, and a 2-liter of Code Red, whatever comes out of the kitchen is on you.

the fire JD because Joe Flacco is starting - who is the beef jerky Joe or White? The op-ed was over starting Flacco over White. My point, is why fire him over that? He shouldn't have provided the Saleh with Flacco as an option? So, hate JD, don't hate JD, it doesn't make sense to get mad at him for a choice made by CS. But, whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He had an awful game but at least it was against a great defense.  I'd be much more interested to see if he can bounce back.  Why not at least audition him for the backup job?  What is there to be gained by starting Flacco?  

It is 100% a panic move. At this point, Saleh is trying to win today. I think that Jets fans are turning on him and he knows that it could spell a death sentence. It is hard to believe that week after week he has to watch the game recording to see what's wrong. I fear that he has NO idea on how to fix this mess, hence make this panic move,

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

This is game 42 of a ground up rebuild. And that doesn't count the last two contractors that were thrown off the job site.

See, this is where it gets tricky. 

For as disappointing as Saleh has been through 9 games, you can't blame him for the historical ineptitude of the franchise. 

So, from our perspective, we have been rebuilding for a decade plus, but from Saleh's perspective, he just got here and is in year 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

See, this is where it gets tricky. 

For as disappointing as Saleh has been through 9 games, you can't blame him for the historical ineptitude of the franchise. 

So, from our perspective, we have been rebuilding for a decade plus, but from Saleh's perspective, he just got here and is in year 1. 

First of all, I was focused on JD. Second of all, the real point is fans shouldn't be expected to reset the patience clock every year. I don't care how long the current GM's tenure is. This has been a 10 year rebuild from my seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

First of all, I was focused on JD. Second of all, the real point is fans shouldn't be expected to reset the patience clock every year. I don't care how long the current GM is. This has been a 10 year rebuild from my seat.

Right, but that's the whole point. 

From our perspective, we shouldn't be expected to reset the patience clock every 2-3 years, but from a first year coach's perspective, he should easily get more than 1 season before we get out the pitchforks, so it's just a tough situation. 

As for JD, I tend to think the biggest problem with this team right now is coaching. I don't think the roster is good and 2-7 is probably about right, but I don't think we should have gotten blown out 4-5 times already. I think we should be more competitive than we have been and that's on Saleh and this green staff. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

the fire JD because Joe Flacco is starting - who is the beef jerky Joe or White? The op-ed was over starting Flacco over White. My point, is why fire him over that? He shouldn't have provided the Saleh with Flacco as an option? So, hate JD, don't hate JD, it doesn't make sense to get mad at him for a choice made by CS. But, whatever.

JD brought put a bucket of slop into the QB room. Desperate grab of Flacco in week 8 is an admission of guilt. Drawing and quartering is the only suitable punishment.

This was foreseeable, flawed and felonious! If the backup QBs never had a start, the GM is worth a fart!

JOHNNIE L. COCHRAN JR. : 1937-2005 / Famed attorney combined showmanship,  activism

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right, but that's the whole point. 

From our perspective, we shouldn't be expected to reset the patience clock every 2-3 years, but from a first year coach's perspective, he should easily get more than 1 season before we get out the pitchforks, so it's just a tough situation. 

As for JD, I tend to think the biggest problem with this team right now is coaching. I don't think the roster is good and 2-7 is probably about right, but I don't think we should have gotten blown out 4-5 times already. I think we should be more competitive than we have been and that's on Saleh and this green staff. 

So it's not Saleh's fault because he just got here.

But it's also not JD's fault because the coach he hired is the biggest problem.

twister party game GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

So it's not Saleh's fault because he just got here.

But it's also not JD's fault because the coach he hired is the biggest problem.

twister party game GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Hmm, well I never said it "wasn't JD's fault," only that I think the biggest issue this team has right now is coaching.  I'm not sure why you are so bent out of shape? Twister is pretty drastic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kmnj said:

there is no reason to start Flacco over White unless White is hurt- (White- who just a week ago Joe and the Coach were ready to give the job to over Wilson which was beyond dumb based on the draft capital used on Wilson)

White is probably a jag but to judge him off the Bills game is comical-the Bills D is very good and most Qbs struggle vs them. The Jets GM and Coach are like some insane fans-one week they crown White as a god next week he is awful and cant play .

We know what Flacco is -a washed vet with no future with the organization. 

We  do not know what White is for sure-he looked great he looked bad -how about giving him some more games-lets see if he is worth keeping around to back up Wilson and compete with him. 

FU Joe u are a clown and the worst GM the Jets have had and your coach is setting up to have the worst D in the history of the NFL

 

So after anointing MW the savior, him sucking, we're on we dont know what he is?

One question, WTF is there a FU for JD?  In what world do you live in where the GM chooses the starters so you curse him out

This fanbase gets worse and worse every day with these takes

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hmm, well I never said it "wasn't JD's fault," only that I think the biggest issue this team has right now is coaching.  I'm not sure why you are so bent out of shape? Twister is pretty drastic. 

Nice Twister pun but disagreeing with you is not a sign of emotional instability. 

First person to accuse someone of being bent out of shape is always projecting. 

Have a drink and chillax. It's only the stinkin' Jets. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Nice Twister pun but disagreeing with you is not a sign of emotional instability. 

First person to accuse someone of being bent out of shape is always projecting. 

Have a drink and chillax. It's only the stinkin' Jets. :) 

I'm perfectly calm. I'm not sure what you Twister post was meant to insinuate then? I'm also not sure what you are even "disagreeing" with me about? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm perfectly calm. I'm not sure what you Twister post was meant to insinuate then? I'm also not sure what you are even "disagreeing" with me about? 

It's meant to insinuate that your logic is as twisted as a contortionist on 'ludes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the 100% right move to start Flacco.  Mike White threw 4 picks and looked like a high school qb out there last week.  It was embarrassing.  Mike White lost the job.

Jet fans have seriously lost their minds.  I have never seen anything like it.

When we are very competitive next year and making a super bowl run in 2023, there is going to be so much crow eaten here it will be unbelievable.

Yeah, no Joe W.....I FULLY disagree with this.

I think it is safe to say that I am a FULL believer in giving Joe Douglas three drafts and then a wait and see year. I don't think a GM can be canned before that.  A coaching staff perhaps only two years, depending on how bad they are.

But to me, this wreaks.  How can you sell the fan-base, just a few short months ago, on the idea that you are playing youth to see what this team has, and then turn around and say "Well, our young rookie back-up played real bad one week, so he doesn't get another chance."  This smells to high heaven of an owner scare CRAP-LESS that he is losing money, so the next board meeting with the GM and the coaching staff goes something like THIS now:  

"Yeah, yeah, yeah....we sold the fans on patience and building the right way.  But have you SEEN all those empty seats?  And there is more every week.  I don't care that you want to see what we have in Mike White, put Joe Flacco in and win a damn game.  I'M LOSING MONEY HERE!"

These decisions are starting to make it easier to not watch this franchise.  We talk about those successful franchises and how they are built from the top down.  Well, the person sitting on the peak of the mountain is the owner, and there sure seems to be a trend of franchises who are successful year-in-and-out who have an owner that 'gets it.' 

These trust-fund babies who own this franchise, don't.  And its really starting to show.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality , JD only had to make one big QB decision, and that was whether to keep Sam or not. He made the right decision on that one. Hopefully drafting Zach was his second right decision. The rest of this nonsense about White, Flacco, Johnson etc doesn't matter in the big picture. Why is this so hard to understand?

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kmnj said:

there is no reason to start Flacco over White unless White is hurt- (White- who just a week ago Joe and the Coach were ready to give the job to over Wilson which was beyond dumb based on the draft capital used on Wilson)

White is probably a jag but to judge him off the Bills game is comical-the Bills D is very good and most Qbs struggle vs them. The Jets GM and Coach are like some insane fans-one week they crown White as a god next week he is awful and cant play .

We know what Flacco is -a washed vet with no future with the organization. 

We  do not know what White is for sure-he looked great he looked bad -how about giving him some more games-lets see if he is worth keeping around to back up Wilson and compete with him. 

FU Joe u are a clown and the worst GM the Jets have had and your coach is setting up to have the worst D in the history of the NFL

 

The dumbest thing in the world would be to fire JD. He inherited a team with no players from the 2013-19 drafts. He has made trades that have allowed the Jets to accumulate draft picks. Including 2022 when they have two first rounders; two second rounders; and two fourth rounders. His 2021 draft looks to be solid with Vera-Tucker, Moore, both Carters and Echols. Not to mention Wilson, who is an unknown at this point. His predecessors deserve most of the blame for the 2-7 record. He deserves at least on more off season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its the 100% right move to start Flacco.  Mike White threw 4 picks and looked like a high school qb out there last week.  It was embarrassing.  Mike White lost the job.

Jet fans have seriously lost their minds.  I have never seen anything like it.

When we are very competitive next year and making a super bowl run in 2023, there is going to be so much crow eaten here it will be unbelievable.

Perhaps you should find a different mate

lick-grandma.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

See, this is where it gets tricky. 

For as disappointing as Saleh has been through 9 games, you can't blame him for the historical ineptitude of the franchise. 

So, from our perspective, we have been rebuilding for a decade plus, but from Saleh's perspective, he just got here and is in year 1. 

no BUT YOU CAN FOR THE HISTORIC INEPITUDE AND DYSFUNCTION that exists today.  He is clueless and so far his CS is not far behind, maybe even ahead (DC). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...