9 Games In, What's The Most "Jetsy" Thing That Has Happened So Far This Season?

The Rex/Saleh thing is right up there, but the White saga really takes the cake for me. The team appears to have finally found a diamond in the rough only to have him pseudo-injured the following week, destroyed by the Bills the week after that and then benched for a 40 year old. This is a microcosm of Jets football.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

As bad as last year was and yes it is right up there with Richie's years, this year is at the point of the worst in Jet's history. Supposed smart/expert GM, hottest coaching candidate on board, #2 QB pick, Mike White, Rex and look at where we and what has happened so far in just 10 weeks.

I don't think any team in any other sport has accomplished (negatively) what the Jets have this year and we are only half way through. The only thing missing is Zach's mom to get on social media and start complaining about the way her son is being treated. I actually wish it would start to happen as let the s__t show go full blown. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lots of good suggestions in this thread, but I choose these two:

- Getting a Bills touchdown overturned and then coming back with the same defensive alignment on the next play. What did they think was going to happen?

- but my winner is taking a delay of game penalty on 4th and 2 inches. It doesn't get much more Jetsy than that

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned many times but Mike White has a historic game (by Jets standards) against Cincy injecting just the tiniest bit of enthusiasm into the fan base. Is knocked out of the next game in the first quarter. Is (likely) never heard from again.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned many times but Mike White has a historic game (by Jets standards) against Cincy injecting just the tiniest bit of enthusiasm into the fan base. Is knocked out of the next game in the first quarter. Is (likely) never heard from again.

I don't know, his 4 interceptions and 33.4 QB rating last week (along with another injury) made quite a bit of noise. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Woody The J returning from his stint as ambassador proclaiming that he will take a more active role in the team's management this season.

Woody is a genius. He left the one guy in charge that would ensure Jet fans looked forward to his return.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Saleh trying everything in the book to break the jinx: Stairs, growing a beard, banishing LaFleur to the booth, donning a cap, ingesting massive quantities of aging serum (he looks older than me right now)....

Plot twist: Saleh found a time machine in the basement of MetLife. Figured he'd jump forward 10 years to when the Jets were contenders. Got out of the time machine. Realized everything looked the same except him.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

64D02E97-B0D8-4730-8FCD-6377E32630D2.jpeg

Yeah but White and Johnson are JAGS that can't come close to Zach's average yards from scrimmage of their INTs.

10 hours ago, LSJF said:

The decade long rebuild continuing…

The official stopwatch operators here tell me that this is only Year 2 of the rebuild. 

16 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Zach’s first two passes at home.

16 hours ago, section314 said:

Beating the best team in the AFC.

Read the first four posts in the thread.  You guys nailed it in posts 2 and 4 respectively.  No need to read any further.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Personally...for me....avoiding playing against the Jets in my big survivor pool in games like @Carolina, @Denver, @NE, when I KNEW they were going to lose, only to decide to play against them vs. Cincy with some unknown scrub back up QB.  Let's not forget that they've surrounded that win against Cincy with three blowout losses.  That's pretty Jetsy for me personally, stabbing me in the heart, even when they win.

The other general very Jetsy moment was the Mike White hype heading into Indy, only to have him get hurt while throwing a TD in the 1st quarter and missing the rest of the game.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, munchmemory said:

For the first time in who knows when, we sign what looks to be a monster pass rusher, Carl Lawson.  Then, as "Jetsy" as it gets, he goes down for the year in preseason...during a joint practice.

Serious question.

What made you think Lawson would be a monster pass rusher.  Guys had 11 sacks last 3 years.   That's OK, but i never saw him as a game changer.

I know he was beating Becton every play in camp, but...................

For the first time in who knows when, we sign what looks to be a monster pass rusher, Carl Lawson.  Then, as "Jetsy" as it gets, he goes down for the year in preseason...during a joint practice.

I have a little secret for you-monster pass rushers don’t just hit FA. Lawson would’ve been what Corey Davis is to our offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app