Mac Jones should be why JD is fired yesterday

Facts

Every time I watch Mac Jones I get infuriated. The kid is good. No qualifiers. No “well he’s on the Patriots”. He’s just good.

He has garbage at WR and TE and he’s still good. He gets the ball out quick. He makes his line look better than they are.

JD is not only like 5-70 (hyperbole) as a GM, but to whiff so badly on the #2 pick and then to watch your nemesis take a franchise QB 13 picks after you should be a fireable offense.

Im not saying Zach can’t be good or won’t be good. But Mac is ALREADY good.

FIRE JD.

• Thumb Down 17
  • Post of the Week 6
  • Haha 2

He is good. Also consider the Patriots have the best coaching staff in the league while the Jets probably have the worst. The Patriots are good at vetting guys who will buy in. They draft those types of players and then their staff coaches them up. The Jets whole process is disjointed and sloppy. This is how you end up with Becton and Mims.

Jones while good isnt good enough right now to compensate for everything that is bad about the Jets...which is a lot. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is like an apple and a pineapple.  If JD picked Mac Jones, he would look like Mike White. 

The Patriots have a solid program, top to bottom.  A coaching development system.  Josh McDaniels.  BB on the defense with whatever flunky (Patricia) he can find.  Players that buy ito the system and never quit.  

Even I could see a Mac Jones fitting right into the TB12 system from 20 years ago and doing well.  

JD was trying to do the same thing, but I think he may have already failed on the execution.  HIs HC/function DC runs an athlete system that requires a motivating coach and great athletes.  That requires JD to get Saleh the athletes.  That was primarily Lawson and remains 1-2 years away.  

The JD offensive system is WCO, and it appears to be stabilizing.  We will need talent, and we have not seen ZW play with the new play calling/MF in the box.  Let’s see how that looks before we judge ZW.  

But I think it is safe to say that I am having my doubts that JD and the Jets are building a foundational system that is going to lead to sustained success in the 2020s.  

You know the reason why Zach never got to play with The OC upstairs calling the plays, right?

• Upvote 1

I like Mac Jones, and I would have been ok if he were drafted here. The way he led Bama last year was a thing of beauty.

That said, Mac Jones isn't going to be the Mac Jones here that he is in NE plain and simple. He went to the most perfect of systems for him.

I'll just say this. The 49er's did NE a favor.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Jones looks like a 35 year old QB who's athletic days are well behind him, and who eats too many Taco Bells, but who knows the game of football.  Pretty much one of the most bizarre rookies anyone will ever find.  You just can't make this up.

But yea, unfortunately he's pretty good.  Not top ten QB good, but good enough that its going to be a problem for us for a long time...

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

guy wide open in the flat but he throws j to double coverage instead. What exactly is so impressive here? 

Stop nico. Rating QBs isn’t your thing. History tells us you’re not good at it.

The kid is playing great, will win the ROY and probably lead his team to the playoffs (if not win the division).

If Zach, or your man crush Sam had done one of those things, there would be no controlling you.

So the Jax, SF and Chicago GMs should be fired as well?  Give me a break.  It’s been 10 games and Mac is exactly who everyone thought he’d be — a high floor/low ceiling QB.   Zach probably has as many highlight worthy throws as Mac (in 3 fewer games); and the Patriots are not winning because of him but because of his supporting cast.  And let’s not overlook the best-in-class coaching infrastructure he has in place whereas Zach and Trevor are working with unstable situations.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

So the Jax, SF and Chicago GMs should he fired as well?  Give me a break.  It’s been 10 games and Mac is exactly who everyone thought he’d be — a high floor/low ceiling QB.   Zach probably has as many highlight worthy throws as Mac; and the Patriots are not winning because of him but because of his supporting cast.  And let’s not overlook the coaching infrastructure he has in place whereas Zach and Trevor are working with unstable situations.  

Shanahan wanted Jones. 

• Upvote 2

And I am admittedly a Pats hater, but there is absolutely nothing that excites me about Mac Jones.  He’s their next Jimmy G whose best case scenario is a first round playoff loss.  So I’d rather roll the dice on a high upside player like Zach.  Maybe I eat those words, but it sure as hell isn’t going to be after 10 weeks with a rookie head coach and OC and an expansion team roster.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hael said:

Jones looks like a 35 year old QB who's athletic days are well behind him, and who eats too many Taco Bells, but who knows the game of football.  Pretty much one of the most bizarre rookies anyone will ever find.  You just can't make this up.

But yea, unfortunately he's pretty good.  Not top ten QB good, but good enough that its going to be a problem for us for a long time...

Mac Jones is Tom Brady 2.0

It took Belichek half a minute to find a replacement for him. We’ve been trying to find a QB for… how long?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

So the Jax, SF and Chicago GMs should he fired as well?  Give me a break.  It’s been 10 games and Mac is exactly who everyone thought he’d be — a high floor/low ceiling QB.   Zach probably has as many highlight worthy throws as Mac; and the Patriots are not winning because of him but because of his supporting cast.  And let’s not overlook the coaching infrastructure he has in place whereas Zach and Trevor are working with unstable situations.  

Incredibly bad take…  I’m in awe of how you managed to include every nonsensical take used here against another rookie QB performing well. You’re truly a Master.

You threw in the floor and ceiling nonsense first, but then took it to another level with Zach and the highlight throws.

Did you stop there?

Hell no! You dug deep and brought out the supporting cast and infrastructure thing!

????????????

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Incredibly bad take…  I’m in awe of how you managed to include every nonsensical take used here against another rookie QB performing well. You’re truly a Master.

You threw in the floor and ceiling nonsense first, but then took it to another level with Zach and the highlight throws.

Did you stop there?

Hell no! You dug deep and brought out the supporting cast and infrastructure thing!

????????????

Yeah ok.  What exactly is inaccurate with what I said?  If you want to anoint a rookie QB after 10 games be my guest - sorry if I’m not going to join your pity party.