Mac Jones should be why JD is fired yesterday

Facts

3 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

It is possible to praise Mac Jones and:

1) Not bash other rookie QBs.

2) Acknowledge the positive situation he landed in.

3) Understand that he probably won't be the best QB in this class in 10 years.

The kid looks good. If he was performing like this in New York our fans would be calling to enshrine him in Canton after one season. Jones vs Wilson is apples to oranges at this point. Many of the reasons have already been stated in this thread.

1. True

2. True

3. I wouldn't say "probably." I'll grant "uncertain."

I’m starting to think you build the team, or at least your offense and establish some type of identity first, then find your rookie QB so the team is actually capable of helping him grow. 

seems smarter than what the Jets do. Draft a QB to a talent barren team, toss him right out there day 1 and pray for the best 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GangGreened said:

I’m starting to think you build the team, or at least your offense and establish some type of identity first, then find your rookie QB so the team is actually capable of helping him grow. 

seems smarter than what the Jets do. Draft a QB to a talent barren team, toss him right out there day 1 and pray for the best 

I hear ya. But there is no one way. You improve the team in the order pieces become available. It's never "too early" to get better.

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Yea and poll them after the draft is over and the season starts.

Facts: “ withe the 2 nd pick of the 2021 hindsight draft, the ny jets select mac jones, qb, alabama”

I was really saying it should be a poll with only one respondent: me :)

8 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Mac Jones is Chad Pennington.  He'll meet his 2002 Raiders in the playoffs and the rest will be history.

No.

Mac Jones’ arm isn’t Josh Allen, but it’s definitely not Pennington: He can move the ball.

He threw a 20 yard out last Sunday that was a bullet (that’s one of the biggest tests of arm strength).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

No.

Mac Jones’ arm isn’t Josh Allen, but it’s definitely not Pennington: He can move the ball.

He threw a 20 yard out last Sunday that was a bullet (that’s one of the biggest tests of arm strength).

Please he’s not mike white bad but the guy has a water pistol, chad is a great comp.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, Irish Jet said:

@Uncle Nicco in shambles.

The Pats must have been absolutely laughing at Lance and Fields going ahead of him. He was always their guy.

Hopefully Wilson can turn it around but Jones is going to be a problem for a long time. You'd think the Jets fans who wrote him off would have learned by now. 

And Carolina deciding to trade for Darnold instead of taking him at #8.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, Irish Jet said:

@Uncle Nicco in shambles.

The Pats must have been absolutely laughing at Lance and Fields going ahead of him. He was always their guy.

Hopefully Wilson can turn it around but Jones is going to be a problem for a long time. You'd think the Jets fans who wrote him off would have learned by now. 

The Patriots would have been happy with any of the 5 QBs taken in the first round.  Revisionist history halfway through the season is so easy.  So is 20-20 hindsight.  There are 20% of posters on this board who said one of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, or Jones was the best QB.  

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Nobody was afraid of a young Brady either. I hate Mac Jones already!

Ah yes let’s project a 20 year goat hof career because they share the fact that they were game managers early in their careers, the rest will Just happen naturally 

do you celebrate winning the lottery after getting the first number right ?

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Ah yes let’s project a 20 year goat hof career because they share the fact that they were game managers early in their careers, the rest will Just happen naturally 

do you celebrate winning the lottery after getting the first number right ?

Tell us again how Sam Darnold will be a success because Drew Brees didn’t look like a HOFer as a rookie.

• Haha 1