Will you watch the game or go to the game this Sunday?

T0mShane

In light of the Flacco news, will you watch or attend the game this Sunday?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will you WATCH the game on TV this Sunday?

• Yes, I’m a Jets fan, come hell or high water.
    • No, I wasn’t planning to regardless.
    • No, the Flacco thing has broken me.
    • Yes, I’m watching specifically because of Flacco
  2. 2. Will you ATTEND the game on Sunday?

• Yes, I already have tickets and will use them.
    • No, I wasn’t going to go regardless
    • No, I ain’t paying to see Flacco.
    • I’m a weird bitch and I bought a ticket because of Flacco
  3. 3. If you answered NO to either of the above questions, would you have watched or attended the game if

• Zack Wilson started
    • Mike White started
    • Either started
    • Wouldn’t watch anyway. Eff the Jets.

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not only will I watch, I’m taking my Firestick to my parents house as we have family thanksgiving.  Bears down stairs, Jets upstairs.  Chocolate Pecan Pie to drown my sorrow.  Or celebrate.  Probably the sorrow.

Go hawks..  going back to Iowa (davenport) for thanksgiving then hawks on friday and jets on sunday.  You watch your team regardless of this nonsense poll.  Trust us Iowa fans, sometimes it can be heartbreaking but when it happens it makes it all worth while.

• Upvote 3

This is the recipe I’ve come up with. 

I watch the 1st quarter - if the signs of us getting blown out happen (which we all know those signs almost instantly) I turn it off and put on a show or movie while then just following the game on ESPN app intermittently
If I see we are getting close or the game hasn’t gotten away then I put it back on. If the other team stock piles the points I never put it back on and stop following on ESPN as it gets into 4th quarter. 

Love this team but if I had to sit and watch that whole Pats or Bills game I don’t think I would have my sanity. 

• Upvote 2

I will 100% watch this game like every game since what feels like forever. Even through all the misery. Also making about 12 quarts of chicken soup to freeze for my kids so I’ll be killing 2 (likely 4-5) birds with one stone.  

I have no expectations so I can’t be disappointed. 

They are my Jets. Of COURSE I’m watching. 

It’s what fans do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

When the opportunity cost exceeds the expected entertainment value, I don’t watch. I’ve probably watched 10-12 complete quarters of Jets football in two years live. Sometimes I’ll watch the condensed version on Game Pass after the fact but usually I don’t even bother to do that. 

“Loyalty” in the context of sports fandom is a marketing gimmick. I’m a consumer in the market for entertainment. I won’t overpay for it in time or money.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Watched every game since ‘99. This is the first time I’ve seriously considered not watching. Out of frustration and protest.

The Jets have gone against the only thing they really have - their word. They said this was a rebuild and development of youth. So they’re either liars or cowards. 

or maybe it is best to let the QB rest and learn like most of the great qb's did. I don't understand the rush to throw a rookie qb into a situation like this.  

20 minutes ago, OMA said:

or maybe it is best to let the QB rest and learn like most of the great qb's did. I don't understand the rush to throw a rookie qb into a situation like this.  

I like Zach, and I’m with you, I think he should sit.

Just pissed that Flacco is starting. Partly because White is a potential future asset that should be playing, and also resentful that the team is playing Flacco just to justify trading a draft pick for him. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Just pissed that Flacco is starting. Partly because White is a potential future asset that should be playing, and also resentful that the team is playing Flacco just to justify trading a draft pick for him. 

And can’t that pick escalate to a 5th?

Just makes absolutely no sense in any respect. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m not gonna watch for the first time in forever. Not even gonna DVR it. I’ve watched awful Jets teams my whole life, but I’ve never seen a Jets team this cowardly and unlikeable. I despised the 2011-2012 Santonio Holmes teams, but at least they tried most weeks. This team is just breathtakingly repulsive.

Yep.  The Jets are trying to beat out the Mets for most gutless team in NY (and perhaps the country) 2021.  

34 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

its not to justify the draft pick. it to make sure that White mania doesnt start up again and the guy they told us was the FQB for the next decade sits for the season. there not stupid. they cant have that hysteria again

so be mad cause Whites not playing, but this move makes sure Wilson plays vs the Texans and the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, OMA said:

Go hawks..  going back to Iowa (davenport) for thanksgiving then hawks on friday and jets on sunday.  You watch your team regardless of this nonsense poll.  Trust us Iowa fans, sometimes it can be heartbreaking but when it happens it makes it all worth while.

Right on!  Good to see another Iowa/Jet fan!  We are few and far between.  Hawks can still get to Indy.   The Jets can still…..well go Hawks!