Will you watch the game or go to the game this Sunday?

T0mShane

In light of the Flacco news, will you watch or attend the game this Sunday?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Will you WATCH the game on TV this Sunday?

• Yes, I’m a Jets fan, come hell or high water.
    • No, I wasn’t planning to regardless.
    • No, the Flacco thing has broken me.
    • Yes, I’m watching specifically because of Flacco
  2. 2. Will you ATTEND the game on Sunday?

• Yes, I already have tickets and will use them.
    • No, I wasn’t going to go regardless
    • No, I ain’t paying to see Flacco.
    • I’m a weird bitch and I bought a ticket because of Flacco
  3. 3. If you answered NO to either of the above questions, would you have watched or attended the game if

• Zack Wilson started
    • Mike White started
    • Either started
    • Wouldn’t watch anyway. Eff the Jets.

im going to watch cause i always do.

you guys do realize there are more than just Zach Wilson on this team that we need to develop right? and im not talking about Mike White.

im interested in see if Flacco can run this as well as White and Johnson did. i want to see our 2 exciting rookies Carter and Moore. those guys are part of our future too . so are AVT, CB Carter, Hall. lots of future there.

and how can i defend JD draft picks if i dont watch the whole game? which makes me wonder how reading some of you guys watch it in bits and pieces yet come here and blast these players. how do you know. from the box scores?

well they don't tell you that even if Carter averaged  3.1 ypc that he wasn't breaking tackles all day like he does quite often. or that incomplete pass was on the QB or the WR.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How tf am I supposed to answer the last question if I am yes, no wouldn't have gone regardless?

200.gif

Yeah, there are some survey design issues at play here.

Flacco starting has no bearing for me. At this point, if Zach is still hurt, start anyone. If he's healthy, start Zach.

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Laundry is more fun to watch. 

The Carolina, Titans, Colts and Bengals games were fun to watch. At least the offense was fun to watch. Defensively they have been train wreck all season long. The Jets are 21st in 3 and outs this year at 41.23% however they are 31st in punts to scoring drives with a 0.6. And the Jets are usually out of it by halftime giving up 18.7 points in the 1st half. That is putrid.

The Jets offensively are 50 yards per game better than last year. 1/2 yard better per play. 7th in passing 1st downs in the NFL. The Jets don't run the ball, mostly because they are behind early in games but they are also ineffective at running the ball. Most of that falls on the line. Their pass protection has gotten better as the season went on from being sacked 5.0 of the time in the 1st 3 games to 1.8 in the last 3.

i’m out of market so going isn’t an option - i’ll watch the game but with considerably less interest than if wilson or white were starting - who the hell cares what flacco does? i don’t want to see meaningless wins and flacco winning this game really says nothing about team’s prospects going forward - maybe it somewhat validates the offensive system if he does well but so what? it has to be zach wilson friendly not joe flacco friendly because fellow fans love him or hate him zw is the guys going forward ( for at least the next 2 plus years)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, doitny said:

you guys do realize there are more than just Zach Wilson on this team that we need to develop right? and im not talking about Mike White.

im interested in see if Flacco can run this as well as White and Johnson did. i want to see our 2 exciting rookies Carter and Moore. those guys are part of our future too . so are AVT, CB Carter, Hall. lots of future there.

and how can i defend JD draft picks if i dont watch the whole game? which makes me wonder how reading some of you guys watch it in bits and pieces yet come here and blast these players. how do you know. from the box scores?

well they don't tell you that even if Carter averaged  3.1 ypc that he wasn't breaking tackles all day like he does quite often. or that incomplete pass was on the QB or the WR.

This is so true.  It's not just the QB.  Will Yeboah get some targets?  Mims? Will Q blow up some plays?  Can A Davis improve on the back end.  Would love to see Moore have a big day. Both the Carter's.  It's why I watch every second of preseason games and always have.  I like seeing the rookies/roster longshots to see how they look.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Regretting my decision to sell my Mohegan sun NCAA tix, but alas, I will be going as always.

Sidenote, I continue to find it funny how many people on this site WILL SIMPLY NO LONGER STAND!!! to waste three hours of their precious day watching the Jets (and if you do you're a MORON!!!) ....and then those same people proceed to post on an internet forum about them for years on end.   ::shrug;;

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I'd add another choice to your first question.  "I'll end up watching if it's convenient, but won't plan my day around it."

I haven't planned my day around jets since my last international trip before the pandemic.

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is so true.  It's not just the QB.  Will Yeboah get some targets?  Mims? Will Q blow up some plays?  Can A Davis improve on the back end.  Would love to see Moore have a big day. Both the Carter's.  It's why I watch every second of preseason games and always have.  I like seeing the rookies/roster longshots to see how they look.  

Great post.

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yep, this is basically what we are reduced to. The rationale for watching the Jets play is the same as why some of us bite our fingernails or tap our foot in meetings.

it tradition. been doing this for 40 years.

even when i have to go out. i remember there was some wedding or something and it was a big game for us and all the men found the TV in the bar area of the reception place to watch the game. the women were pissed that day.

i will never forget the Cleveland OT playoff game. i was forced to go out to the Kings Plaza mall and i found the electronics department in Macys, or Sears. with all the TVs they all had the game on. thats where i watched that heartbreaking loss,

now i know this isnt a playoff game but does it matter if Moore has a good game whos throwing him the ball. or Carter whos handing if off.?

im glad so many dont want to watch the game. last 2 times this happened we beat Tenn and Cincy. its like the football gods know that you suffer thru the crappy games all year and then when you had enough and dont want to watch anymore.....they pull you back in ..lol

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

it tradition. been doing this for 40 years.

even when i have to go out. i remember there was some wedding or something and it was a big game for us and all the men found the TV in the bar area of the reception place to watch the game. the women were pissed that day.

i will never forget the Cleveland OT playoff game. i was forced to go out to the Kings Plaza mall and i found the electronics department in Macys, or Sears. with all the TVs they all had the game on. thats where i watched that heartbreaking loss,

now i know this isnt a playoff game but does it matter if Moore has a good game whos throwing him the ball. or Carter whos handing if off.?

im glad so many dont want to watch the game. last 2 times this happened we beat Tenn and Cincy. its like the football gods know that you suffer thru the crappy games all year and then when you had enough and dont want to watch anymore.....they pull you back in ..lol

Definitely not judging or hating. If I was with my old man, I'd watch every game with him. But hard to justify staying up all hours of the night in Europe to watch this.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, doitny said:

Thank you for your sacrifice.  I will await your report on the young talent on the team and will trust your evaluation without question.  Please tag me when you do so, and thank you in advance.

• Haha 4

I would watch but can't tomorrow because I'm working. I got rid of my DVR so I can't tape it. I still have my old VHS and used to tape games on it but too complicated to figure how how to re hook it up. So at work I'll follow the game on Gamecast when I can and watch via my cell during my break. It's baked into my brain to watch every Jets game (no matter how bad the team is), it's impossible for me to change now. I have no prob with starting Flacco.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, doitny said:

your n Europe? i dont blame you then. sleep is more important

Munich. Before that was in Singapore (12 hour time difference). Definitely influences the cost/benefit analysis when deciding whether to watch the Jets.

• Upvote 2

On 11/18/2021 at 11:09 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Sidenote, I continue to find it funny how many people on this site WILL SIMPLY NO LONGER STAND!!! to waste three hours of their precious day watching the Jets (and if you do you're a MORON!!!) ....and then those same people proceed to post on an internet forum about them for years on end.   ::shrug;;

I hate that, too. I’m talking about this one game, however. Solidarity with Mike White and the White Plight. But you do you TRAITOR.

• Haha 2