Has Joe Douglas drafted anyone better than Jamal Adams?

Peter King made this point on Costello’s podcast yesterday. JD is yet to land a foundational piece in the draft (aside from Wilson who is a complete unknown). 

Becton, Moore, MC/2, Hall, AVT may be good players one day, but are any of them a JamALL Pro? Someone you can flip for multiple first rounders. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 13
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Peter King made this point on Costello’s podcast yesterday. JD is yet to land a foundational piece in the draft (aside from Wilson who is a complete unknown). 

Becton, Moore, MC/2, Hall, AVT may be good players one day, but are any of them a JamALL Pro? Someone you can flip for multiple first rounders. 

A foundational piece of a franchise is what you build a team upon, a piece that supports the team around him. Just like the foundation you lay to build a home . Home. Jamal is the wheels on the trailer in the park. You can live in it but it’s not stable and eventually the Hurricane will blow you and it away. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was going to click on a link for the Br*an C*stello podcast feauturing P*ter Ki*g but I don’t want my Google algorithm to be nothing but suicide prevention tips and tricks.

It was a good listen. King is an NFL insider and mentioned the league is alarmed at the way Saleh has this team playing the last few weeks. 

JD has had some stinkers, but he’s also picked some really good players. 

AVT is probably the best, but Moore, Carter, Becton all have potential to be very good players in this league. And that’s what the team needs: a bunch of  very good players as opposed to one or two “All Pros.” I’d much rather see ten of our players on the player-voted top 100 list than have two on the All Pro team. 

Jamall Adams is not even worth what he was “worth.” So, actually, maybe by that definition, AVT could be up there.

Just now, GloryDays1985 said:

It was a good listen. King is an NFL insider and mentioned the league is alarmed at the way Saleh has this team playing the last few weeks. 

"the league is alarmed" as if the league is some monolith that was interviewed by King. If respected people in the league are surprised by how a Saleh led team is performing right now that's a good thing. If they weren't surprised it would be concerning.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

King is a terrible patriots  a** kisser but he’s correct, can we even name one impact player JD has brought to this team? 

Maybe the much heralded guy who went off the field several times in his rookie year for "the sniffles" and "being winded"?   You know, the player who's been out, what, 20 weeks for a foot injury.   Not me.  But some might refer to that guy as a bust, not an impact player.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GloryDays1985 said:

I would rather have any one of AVT, Moore, Becton or Carter (RB) than Jamalcontent (who is one of the most overrated players in recent history) going forward.  Why would I want to trade them?  I'd rather build a team around them. 

And if the Seahawks went to trade him now, I'd be shocked if they could do better than a second or a third.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD stinks....here are his picks 

Becton - Bust (cannot stay on the field, undisciplined)

Mimms - Bust (Can't catch the ball and is dumb)

Davis - Bust ( cant stay on the field, when he is, hes awful in coverage, makes a hit every now and then)

Zuniga - Bust (cant stat on the field, when he does hes a ghost, how many sacks in 2 yearas?)

Morgan - Bust ( hes just bad) 

Perine - Bust (not good, just a rotational piece)

Clark - Bust (cant stay on the field, was not good in his rare appearances)

Hall- Looks like a decent start. Not one INT for the year though.

Mann - Average Punter (not sure why you drain a pick on a punter)

Wilson - Stinks right now. We have no idea how this story ends. Def was not ready for the NFL, this is not debatable. 

AVT - Looks good. Nice pick

Moore - Coming on BUT hes not a Chase or a real game changer yet. Gotta see more

Carter - Rotational guy. Hes alright. 

Sherwood - Bust, complete trash. 

Carter 2- Decent, not one INT yet. 

Pinock - Just another guy'

Nas - Bust, another guy who stinks

Echols - Ehhh, i dont know yet

You aren't going to win championships let alone divisions drafting this way and gutting all veteran talent. This is the most dysfunctional rebuild in the history of time. 

Marshall - Who the **** is that? 

Didn’t you just post this somewhere else 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Jamal Adams wasn't a foundational piece. AVT is a better and more valuable player than Jamal Adams. 

Absolutely true. I would challenge any GM to say they would take Jamal over AVT right now and AVT is only 8 games into his career.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Jamal Adams wasnt even worth multiple first rounders anyways. 

So this point is moot. 

A players worth is what someone pays for him. Basic economics. His worth today isn’t the same but back couple years ago he was one of the top safety in the league. 

King has a good point. Can JD flip any of his draftees for a first, let alone multiple firsts and more?

JD has been a disaster and no..  he hasn't drafted anyone as good as Jamal yet.  Not sure how this can even be disputed.

Let's hope some of these guys work out because the last couple years are worse than anything I've ever seen in 35 years of jet fandom.

• Upvote 2