Has Joe Douglas drafted anyone better than Jamal Adams?

Last Year: Becton is the cornerstone of our oline

This Year: Becton sucks, AVT is the cornerstone of our oline

Next Year: Jets have one of the best Olines in the league

This year was a lost year from the jump. Rookie HC, Rookie COORDs, Rookie QB, Most Rookie snaps by a mile in the whole league.

Let these guys learn and grow, imo Becton doesnt need to learn and grow, save him for next year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Yes. Just pick the good players. It's easy! This is totally logical and not feelings at all.

Ah I see now you’re shifting the question from whether JD has drafted impact players (at best, incomplete grade) to whether drafting good players is hard. Subtle. Nice try.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:46 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Considering who was passed over to make the selection, Adams was an objectively terrible pick.

Good player while a Jet.  Lousy player now that he’s gotten paid.  Awful draft pick.

My post wasn’t so much of a defense of Jamal but an indictment of recent Jets draft history lol 

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, Pac said:

JD has been a disaster and no..  he hasn't drafted anyone as good as Jamal yet.  Not sure how this can even be disputed.

Let's hope some of these guys work out because the last couple years are worse than anything I've ever seen in 35 years of jet fandom.

This is a ridiculous take. You guys have to have patience you want to fire a guy after the first two drafts in his career and where we see a significant improvement in his selections from his first draft to his second draft. Everyone was pumped for Douglas when we hired him and after one draft where you can actually identify the outcome of the players' careers (too early to tell this recent draft class) we want him fired. And we all know Douglas was stuck with the worst coach in possibly NFL history in his first year. 

This is why the Jets are the "Same Ole Jets"; give regimes two years to turn around a bad team, and if they do they are depleted of assets and salary cap with an aging roster to have immediate success and fall back to square one after 2 seasons of success, or we just fire them after 2 seasons and rinse repeat. Let some continuity happen. Let the Jets try something they haven't done in a while and that's let a GM finish what he started. Or I'll see you in 3 years when we call for the head of whoever replaces Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jgb said:

Why the melodrama? I feel comfortable with my opinion based on the limited dataset available. Things could change, it’s early. But he has not looked good. What other logical assessment is there right now?

Well, early data indeed says he hasn’t been good at drafting.  That still doesn’t mean he’s worse than Macc at that task.

I think Idzik is the better comparison at the moment.  Both guys seemingly have/had at least a semblance of a plan and a decent process behind their decisions, acquired a few nice players, and are fairly well-respected around the league.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, early data indeed says he hasn’t been good at drafting.  That still doesn’t mean he’s worse than Macc at that task.

I think Idzik is the better comparison at the moment.  Both guys seemingly have/had at least a semblance of a plan and a decent process behind their decisions, acquired a few nice players, and are fairly well-respected around the league.

Was talking about Wilson but agree

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2021 at 8:33 AM, GloryDays1985 said:

Peter King made this point on Costello’s podcast yesterday. JD is yet to land a foundational piece in the draft (aside from Wilson who is a complete unknown). 

Becton, Moore, MC/2, Hall, AVT may be good players one day, but are any of them a JamALL Pro? Someone you can flip for multiple first rounders. 

Whelp, I would take AVT over Jamal Adam's all day everyday.  AVT has played what 9 games.  All day everyday.

Of course is take that dwarf ball boy to play Safety over Adam's also.