Jump to content

////\\\\The official Woody makes a stupid tweet thread////\\\\


BP
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BP said:
He’s getting killed on replies lol why does he do this to himself? If I was the owner of this Jets team I’d dig a hole and stick my head in it. And never appear in public. It looks like he’s in denial about anything negative going on.

I think the best way to describe Woody Johnson at this point is that he's aggressively stupid.

If I were a billionaire I might be that way too.  I imagine he gets bored easily.  When money isn't an issue and you don't have a real role in society (all he does is own the Jets these days, and that's it), people tend to do really dumb stuff.  

Not making excuses for him at all, just making my best guess as to why he is the way that he is.  I despise him.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do people really think Woody Johnson is tweeting this? 🤣

This guy probably doesn't even wipe his own ass.

Yes, I actually believe he's tweeting this stuff.  Maybe he dictates to someone what he wants tweeted but I have little doubt he's signing off on it.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the best way to describe Woody Johnson at this point is that he's aggressively stupid.

If I were a billionaire I might be that way too.  I imagine he gets bored easily.  When money isn't an issue and you don't have a real role in society (all he does is own the Jets these days, and that's it), people tend to do really dumb stuff.  

Not making excuses for him at all, just making my best guess as to why he is the way that he is.  I despise him.  

You’re right. If he’s not making any difficult business decisions and just delegating his brain is probably soft. My old man made sure that I had to figure out my problem solving skills, budget money and understand the value of a dollar when I was 17. Your brain is like any other muscle in your body, the more you use it the better it performs.

Leon Hess was a smart guy. While owning the Jets he was negotiating oil deals with moammar qhadafi lol and he was self made. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BP said:

You’re right. If he’s not making any difficult business decisions and just delegating his brain is probably soft. My old man made sure that I had to figure out my problem solving skills, budget money and understand the value of a dollar when I was 17. Your brain is like any other muscle in your body, the more you use it the better it performs.

Leon Hess was a smart guy. While owning the Jets he was negotiating oil deals with moammar qhadafi lol and he was self made. 

Yep.  Woody was already incredibly dumb.  Now he's dumb and bored.  Those kinds of people tend to get killed by f**king with snakes or some other Darwin Award sh*t like that.  But because he's a billionaire, his stupidity manifests itself in really dumb tweets.  Let's hope for society's sake that that's the worst we see out of him...

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Woody was already incredibly dumb.  Now he's dumb and bored.  Those kinds of people tend to get killed by f**king with snakes or some other Darwin Award sh*t like that.  But because he's a billionaire, his stupidity manifests itself in really dumb tweets.

Give Woody credit. Vegas was wrong about him instigating that nuclear war between the US and the UK.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Woody was already incredibly dumb.  Now he's dumb and bored.  Those kinds of people tend to get killed by f**king with snakes or some other Darwin Award sh*t like that.  But because he's a billionaire, his stupidity manifests itself in really dumb tweets.  Let's hope for society's sake that that's the worst we see out of him...

He’s not gonna like you though when he reads this

:rl: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the best way to describe Woody Johnson at this point is that he's aggressively stupid.

If I were a billionaire I might be that way too.  I imagine he gets bored easily.  When money isn't an issue and you don't have a real role in society (all he does is own the Jets these days, and that's it), people tend to do really dumb stuff.  

Not making excuses for him at all, just making my best guess as to why he is the way that he is.  I despise him.  

I despise him as well.

the curse of inherited wealth (I wish I was cursed btw) but it kills ambition and pretty much every important life lesson you get from hardship, having to be figure things out, negotiate difficult times, learn from failure.  He just throws money at problems and is in awe of guys who have been successful on their own. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I despise him as well.

the curse of inherited wealth (I wish I was cursed btw) but it kills ambition and pretty much every important life lesson you get from hardship, having to be figure things out, negotiate difficult times, learn from failure.  He just throws money at problems and is in awe of guys who have been successful on their own. 

The seed is never as strong as the tree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but Woody is the last thing that concerns me about this team. I didn't mind seeing him in the locker room after the Titans win, and I don't mind his tweets. 

Woody just seems like a goofus. Evil? No. Ill intended? No.

It's probably a good thing he was born with money because I'd give him a buck every time I come out of the gas station with a case of beer out of pity had he been born poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Woody just seems like a goofus. Evil? No. Ill intended? No.

It's probably a good thing he was born with money because I'd give him a buck every time I come out of the gas station with a case of beer out of pity had he been born poor.

This may seem like I am making a 180 on Woody from what I said before about not minding him. I have a second hand story from someone I used to work with many years ago. He wasn't the kind of guy who made stuff up at all, so I took it at face value. My old company ran the fitness center at Trump World Tower. Woody Johnson was working out and was grunting and groaning while he lifted weights. The kind of grunting that would set the lunk alarm at Planet Fitness. There was a massage going on at the time, and they could hear him through the wall. They asked him to keep his grunting down and he threw a dumbbell at something made of glass like a mirror or divider. I totally believed it, because Woody seems like that kind of guy.

I still don't mind him as of late. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This may seem like I am making a 180 on Woody from what I said before about not minding him. I have a second hand story from someone I used to work with many years ago. He wasn't the kind of guy who made stuff up at all, so I took it at face value. My old company ran the fitness center at Trump World Tower. Woody Johnson was working out and was grunting and groaning while he lifted weights. The kind of grunting that would set the lunk alarm at Planet Fitness. There was a massage going on at the time, and they could hear him through the wall. They asked him to keep his grunting down and he threw a dumbbell at something made of glass like a mirror or divider. I totally believed it, because Woody seems like that kind of guy.

I still don't mind him as of late. 

I call BS. The only way Woody threw a dumb bell is if it was made of Styrofoam.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but Woody is the last thing that concerns me about this team. I didn't mind seeing him in the locker room after the Titans win, and I don't mind his tweets. 

I despise the guy but I don't think trading him in for another out of touch billionaire who knows nothing about football changes much....look at the Mets.  So I really don't worry about Woody much.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

I despise the guy but I don't think trading him in for another out of touch billionaire who knows nothing about football changes much....look at the Mets.  So I really don't worry about Woody much.

I'd still take a self-made out of touch billionaire over a born one. At least the self-made guy had a successful hustle beyond coming out of the right wiener. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BP said:

He’s getting killed on replies lol why does he do this to himself? If I was the owner of this Jets team I’d dig a hole and stick my head in it. And never appear in public. It looks like he’s in denial about anything negative going on.

anyways this will be woodys official Twitter thread so we can keep track of the dufus.

He's over-indexing on Ted Lasso influence.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'd still take a self-made out of touch billionaire over a born one. At least the self-made guy had a successful hustle beyond coming out of the right wiener. 

I agree with that....I think it's mostly luck these guys getting it right honestly.  If Kraft didn't luck out with BB do you think he really builds a successful franchise?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, undertow said:

I agree with that....I think it's mostly luck these guys getting it right honestly.  If Kraft didn't luck out with BB do you think he really builds a successful franchise?  

No love lost for Kraft but the weasel did orchestrate that. Although, I think it was more about revenge for Parcells than thinking Belichick would be the GOAT but credit where credit is due.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

I despise him as well.

the curse of inherited wealth (I wish I was cursed btw) but it kills ambition and pretty much every important life lesson you get from hardship, having to be figure things out, negotiate difficult times, learn from failure.  He just throws money at problems and is in awe of guys who have been successful on their own. 

Success is having to worry about every damn thing in the world, except money.

Johnny Cash

 

Except Woody Johnson isn't "successful".  He was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm going to be in the minority here, but Woody is the last thing that concerns me about this team. I didn't mind seeing him in the locker room after the Titans win, and I don't mind his tweets. 

So the guy who has hired all the failed GM's and coaches over 2+ decades doesn't concern you?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, undertow said:

I despise the guy but I don't think trading him in for another out of touch billionaire who knows nothing about football changes much....look at the Mets.  So I really don't worry about Woody much.

Difference is the NFL has a salary cap, so it doesn't matter how rich the owner is.  In the MLB, ownership having money to spend obviously matters a great deal.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Difference is the NFL has a salary cap, so it doesn't matter how rich the owner is.  In the MLB, ownership having money to spend obviously matters a great deal.  

Indeed.  The NFL is actually a sport.  Its corporate for sure, but every team still goes to the gaming table with the same amount of chips.  MLB is nothing more than a media exhibition.  No hard cap, no sport.   1000 compliments to the small market MLB teams that still find a way to compete.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...