5 Reasons the Jets Can Overtake the Pats: By PatsFanTx

TomShane

Very good article by TX. He's a good writer.

No noodle arm mentions for Pennington. LOL...Come on man, You let me down.

You did the article on your best behavior.

The AFC is so tough man. The AFC East is the best division in football. Even a crappy 4 and 12 team like The Fish was highly competitive last year. They lost so many close games. Only blown out once last season despite all the adversity they faced. They will be better this year by default.

To overtake The Pats in The AFC East. The Jets have to win 12 to 14 games. That's no easy task. Jets have way too many questions to even be considered a lock for that kind of number.

But look at it this way. How did The Pats win the division last year? They beat The Jets twice.

If The Jets beat New England twice. Both teams would have finished with 12 and 4 records. Jets would have won the tie-breaker. That's how big the division games are.

Not bad, but in usual Patriot Fan style the article uses the title of how the Jets can win the division only to go on and remind us how good the Pats are while adding the usual obligatory shots at Herm and Chad.

Nada we haven't read in 10.000 other TX posts.

Nicely written though.

**Next week RichardSeymour writes on why Bradway shouldn't even attend the draft*****

... i'm still hesitant to compliment ...

... where is the other shoe ? ...

... tune in next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel ...

... the truth is we were very much in the running for 2nd best team in the nfl ... that last hurdle unfortunately is a doozy as both pennsylvania teams found out... playing in our division is the most difficult place to take the crown, but if we are able to come out on top it will make us very battle tested going into the post-season ... that should have us in a powerful position to win the trophy... the only long-term negative to this would be if we gave each other enough losses that it affects bye's or home-field advantage...

... nice read -tex...

l_j_r

Nicely written article Patsfantx.

I thought I would never see you giving a hint of praise to DROB was the shocker for me. I always said you were a knowledgaeable football fan and this piece confirms it.

Tex nice stuff! The fate of an nfl team is fragile and can change on a dime. if mo hadnt broken drews chest, the genius belichek could of had brady bringing him water for the next 4 years.

the part about in game adjustment MY LORD we havent had that since that fat bastard and his staff left. We started to see it last year with donnie but the O had the same plan or plays come hell or high water. We had enough talent to win a lot more. We were out coached in every single loss. (practicly everyone!)

Hell were outcoached in our wins!

You gotta believe if you are a lifer Jet fan just the elimination of Paul Hackett as coordinator is addition by subtraction.

The in game adjustments and more varied offensive formations and plays is what we will finally see now

Very good article by TX. He's a good writer.

No noodle arm mentions for Pennington. LOL...Come on man, You let me down.

You did the article on your best behavior.

Thanks folks.

With all the bashing I do of the Jets, I thought you guys deserved at least one objective article from me.

BTW, the hardest damn thing was not writing "PennyBoyWonder" and "Hermy" in the article.

Thank god for find/replace. :lol:

I thought I would never see you giving a hint of praise to DROB was the shocker for me.

I have been a huge critic of DRob as you all know.

However, when a player performs on the field I will be the first one to give credit.

DRob, especially over the final half of last season, impressed the hell out of me with his play.

I have been a huge critic of DRob as you all know.

However, when a player performs on the field I will be the first one to give credit.

DRob, especially over the final half of last season, impressed the hell out of me with his play.

WHO are you and what have you done with Tx?? :shock:

In all honesty, these articles written by the posters of this site are top notch.

I think the mods of this site might just want to publish this stuff, and present to the higher ups of the new York Jets

Yeah the picture of Abe in lingerie would be a huge hit.

In all honesty, these articles written by the posters of this site are top notch.

I think the mods of this site might just want to publish this stuff, and present to the higher ups of the new York Jets

I agree there are some real talented writers here. Both the Jets and Pats fans.

i've only read the teaser on the front page, but i'd like to point out a mistake in the pat fan's facts.....

oakland wasn't the only wildcard team to win it all.

denver won the superbowl as a wildcard team in 97.

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

| Week | Opponent | Result | Score |

| 1 | Kansas City Chiefs | W | 19- 3 |

| 2 | at Seattle Seahawks | W | 35-14 |

| 3 | St. Louis Rams | W | 35-14 |

| 4 | Cincinnati Bengals | W | 38-20 |

| 5 | at Atlanta Falcons | W | 29-21 |

| 6 | New England Patriots | W | 34-13 |

| 7 | BYE WEEK |

| 8 | at Oakland Raiders | L | 25-28 |

| 9 | at Buffalo Bills | W | 23-20 |

| 10 | Seattle Seahawks | W | 30-27 |

| 11 | Carolina Panthers | W | 34- 0 |

| 12 | at Kansas City Chiefs | L | 22-24 |

| 13 | Oakland Raiders | W | 31- 3 |

| 14 | at San Diego Chargers | W | 38-28 |

| 15 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | L | 24-35 |

| 16 | at San Francisco 49ers | L | 17-34 |

| 17 | San Diego Chargers | W | 38- 3 |

Postseason

AFC Wildcard Game: won 42 - 17 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC Divisional Playoff: won 14 - 10 at Kansas City Chiefs

AFC Championship Game: won 24 - 21 at Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl: won 31 - 24 at Green Bay Packers

i've only read the teaser on the front page, but i'd like to point out a mistake in the pat fan's facts.....

My 20-year old female intern who is responsible for editing/verifying facts, was busy at the time and must have missed that.

Now today she is complaining of rug burns on hers knees for some reason. :shock:

Sorry for the error folks.

I remember arguing with Tx for months one offseason. We argued about everything.

The season started and the man was all business. Call him what you want. Yes he is truly an a$$...but he knows the game of football!

Archived