Who will have the better future career?

jgb

Predict the future  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better future career (yes, it's subjective, use your judgment)

OP hasn’t mentioned Sam in 4 hours. 

Starts poll about the current Jets QB with no rational relation to ex-Jet QB yet needs to dump on an ex-Jet again.

Votes for Sam as a ruse. 

Gets triggered when rational folks point out the irrational compulsive unhealthy obsession. 

Emotionally whines about anyone pointing out the irrational compulsive unhealthy obsession.  Looks for backup  

Sounds about right. 

image.jpeg.b39bdc2951e1abe3c7cd2bbe210c9d31.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

OP hasn’t mentioned Sam in 4 hours. 

Starts poll about the current Jets QB with no rational relation to ex-Jet QB yet needs to dump on an ex-Jet again.

Votes for Sam as a ruse. 

Gets triggered when rational folks point out the irrational compulsive unhealthy obsession. 

Emotionally whines about anyone pointing out the irrational compulsive unhealthy obsession.  Looks for backup  

Sounds about right. 

image.jpeg.b39bdc2951e1abe3c7cd2bbe210c9d31.jpeg

I've made a Sam defender complain about me betting on Sam in a poll about his future career prospects.

Jim Carrey Bow GIF

Beat that @Jetsfan80!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

December 21.   

No one has mentioned Sam in weeks. 

OP starts poll “What’s better-Sam Darnold or Lasagna?”

Hilarity ensues. 

Obsession is an unhealthy emotion.  

You keep going.

Thank you for your participation in my performance art piece. If you are a guilded actor, pick up your check from the girl at the window. If not, have as many catered sandwiches as you like, but please clear the lot by 5 o'clock.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thank you for your participation in my performance art piece. If you are a guilded actor, pick up your check from the girl at the window. If not, have as many catered sandwiches as you like, but please clear the lot by 5 o'clock.

Will there be Vietnamese spring rolls? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Will there be Vietnamese spring rolls? 

Sorry. The LA foodavists have forced us to go vegan and gluten-free. Who would've thought that aspiring actors paid with dry cleaning tokens could be so demanding?

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

It's too early to tell for Darnold, but Zach is doomed

Darnold looks to me to be better than Zach Wilson. See, I've managed to insult both of them in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Darnold really does not have a future. He will likely get signed by someone, but I really I dont think it will ever be as a starter.

Feeling pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good about my call that Baker Mayfield through 3 years likely had more wins than Darnold will for his entire career when all is said and done.

Darnold needs 6 more wins to push.

Consider that Sanchez had 4 wins after leaving the Jets and Geno is currently sitting on 1.

But I'd still hold my nose and take Darnold. Can't believe I'm saying it. But Zach has been historically terrible and looks lost and like he doesn't belong at all.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Peace Frog just can't help himself.  He simply has to let people know that they talk about Sam Darnold too much, even though he said weeks ago he was no longer going to engage in such discussions.

Sounds like an unhealthy Sam Darnold basher obsession to me.  

We tilled hard unforgiving land for years to sew these seeds. Please don’t scare  off the few Darnoids still willing to show themselves before we can reap the full harvest of helicopter dunks in their faces.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Darnold really does not have a future. He will likely get signed by someone, but I really I dont think it will ever be as a starter.

In 2022, Darnold will be the highest paid QB ever — I think this is true — to enter a season as QB2 for performance reasons.

I'm not voting in the poll because I really don't care about the comparison. Sam has shown to be bad, damaged, never was, take your pick bit Zach has a Hell of a lot to prove. At least Darnold can throw a 10 yard pass without sailing the ball over the WR head when there is no pressure on him. 

I will say we all better be hoping Zach works out because if he doesn't,  there is no excuse for him. 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, jgb said:

But I'd still hold my nose and take Darnold. Can't believe I'm saying it. But Zach has been historically terrible and looks lost and like he doesn't belong at all.

Don't agree with this at all. It seems like Wilson sort of faces an innate bias against since even before he was the pick. I think he has had issues but I think his level of play gets consistently worse in people's memory as time goes along. I am not saying he will be a FQB but I think he looked better than Sam did early. I have no confidence in this staff to develop him though. I fully expect yet another new hot DC coordinator as head coach in 3 years or so

Really the only obsession I see going on here is with being right no matter what. I was dead wrong about Rosen and probably Josh Allen (QB). I also so far have been wrong about Fields (in my estimation, really felt like he would come out of the gate much better than this).

But for some reason posters here feel that it's some significant cognitive dissonance over accepting they are wrong about a player. Rather unfortunate given that it drives them to make ridiculous posts about topic despite being on point regarding other issues. 

Anyway... Carry on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Really the only obsession I see going on here is with being right no matter what. I was dead wrong about Rosen and probably Josh Allen (QB). I also so far have been wrong about Fields (in my estimation, really felt like he would come out of the gate much better than this).
But for some reason posters here feel that it's some significant cognitive dissonance over accepting they are wrong about a player. Rather unfortunate given that it drives them to make ridiculous posts about topic despite being on point regarding other issues. 
Anyway... Carry on. 
We Rosen believers need to stick together in sympathy.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Don't agree with this at all. It seems like Wilson sort of faces an innate bias against since even before he was the pick. I think he has had issues but I think his level of play gets consistently worse in people's memory as time goes along. I am not saying he will be a FQB but I think he looked better than Sam did early. I have no confidence in this staff to develop him though. I fully expect yet another new hot DC coordinator as head coach in 3 years or so

You don’t have to agree because it’s opinion and differences of opinion are make the world go round.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Very true. I have no issue with peoples opinions. Not that you do this but the opinions with no context bug the crap out of me,

There is more context behind the opinion that Wilson is on the Sam Darnold track than the Josh Allen track.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

There is more context behind the opinion that Wilson is on the Sam Darnold track than the Josh Allen track.

I think 5 games is not enough to have any context on anything. I mean in Zach's games we were forcing 12 and 21 personnel and running like 70% of first downs. Not a great fit for Zach. Josh Allen was terrible his first year and his "track" showed up well after. I would agree though that right now Zach's first season does mirror Sam's so that is not encouraging. Personally I think Zach is a way better prospect so I remain hopeful, but it is clear to me that LaFleur and Saleh are not really the coaches you want developing a young QB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think 5 games is not enough to have any context on anything. I mean in Zach's games we were forcing 12 and 21 personnel and running like 70% of first downs. Not a great fit for Zach. Josh Allen was terrible his first year and his "track" showed up well after. I would agree though that right now Zach's first season does mirror Sam's so that is not encouraging. Personally I think Zach is a way better prospect so I remain hopeful, but it is clear to me that LaFleur and Saleh are not really the coaches you want developing a young QB.

You said “context” but it seems perhaps you meant “data.” We already know the context — which is the environment of the NFL. Josh Allen was a statistically unlikely result and I bet on the odds. Nothing personal about Zach. I hope he becomes a HOFer.

If you need more data to make a prediction, then wait. Some of us are willing to go out on a limb. Just like NFL GMs do when picking who to draft. We know the sample size is small — although still larger than when teams were building and executing their draft boards. What exactly is the harm?