Jump to content

Rich Eisen Flacco Rant


More Cowbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I still don’t understand the whining over one week, but, Rich, my man, the season was lost to begin with. Idk why people act so shocked

No one expected to be getting blown out week after week breaking NFL records on bad statistics and having 3 starting QBs in 11 weeks....

Yea bro, no one was "expecting" that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i think bart scott summed it up correctly.  he said flacco is starting so they can eliminate or reduce one of the variables in evaluating the rest of the team.  no doubt he's talking about moore, avt, and carter.  a good qb should be able to help all of those guy's games and give the jets a better assessment.  this makes sense. on sunday flacco came in and made a few nice passes.  granted the game was over so the bills may have been playing loose but maybe not that loose.  they didn't pull allen with the game out of reach. 

Yea a 36 year old statute in the pocket with a bad o line is going to do us wonders

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

These shows are about as authentic as the Jersey Shore.

I think the assessment of Saleh doesn't  really want to do this is correct and that White was so bad, they couldn't  double down on him if they think Flacco is an option which as much as I hate to think it, it's  actually  a legit reason. One thing he didn't  really address is, do the Jets think Wilson is so injured that he can't play? If the Jets were playing for a playoff spot and Zach was a reason for that, is he sitting this game out?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea a 36 year old statute in the pocket with a bad o line is going to do us wonders

well it's pretty clear the season is over so they need to see how good guys like moore and avt and carter really are independent of wilson and white.  and let's be clear.  of the three qb's who does anyone think will be able to understand the blitz that the doltfins will bring and what to do with the ball?  wilson may be able to run away from the rush and connect on one or two wow throws but in general he's going to miss the easy throws that are presented and maybe even get sacked or intercepted.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think bart scott summed it up correctly.  he said flacco is starting so they can eliminate or reduce one of the variables in evaluating the rest of the team.  no doubt he's talking about moore, avt, and carter.  a good qb should be able to help all of those guy's games and give the jets a better assessment.  this makes sense. on sunday flacco came in and made a few nice passes.  granted the game was over so the bills may have been playing loose but maybe not that loose.  they didn't pull allen with the game out of reach. 

If it’s true that Saleh is doing this to help the other young players, then it’s safe to assume Flacco starts next week, yes? Or are we only looking to develop those other young players this week, then it’s back to watching Zach Wilson running around like a chicken with its head cut off next week? 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rangerous said:

well it's pretty clear the season is over so they need to see how good guys like moore and avt and carter really are independent of wilson and white.  and let's be clear.  of the three qb's who does anyone think will be able to understand the blitz that the doltfins will bring and what to do with the ball?  wilson may be able to run away from the rush and connect on one or two wow throws but in general he's going to miss the easy throws that are presented and maybe even get sacked or intercepted.

Flacco will not be here next year. You give White more playing time to get better and be that much better of a backup. He will be here for Wilson next year, not Flacco. If the season is "loss" why do you care so much about winning this game? 

White is perfect capable of making throws. He had a bad game against the best defense in the league. He deserved and it makes long term sense to start White. Flacco does nothing for you but produce more empty seats. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

well it's pretty clear the season is over so they need to see how good guys like moore and avt and carter really are independent of wilson and white.  and let's be clear.  of the three qb's who does anyone think will be able to understand the blitz that the doltfins will bring and what to do with the ball?  wilson may be able to run away from the rush and connect on one or two wow throws but in general he's going to miss the easy throws that are presented and maybe even get sacked or intercepted.

Oh no don’t scare him into going back to his old “#JETS! #TakeFlight shtick”, he’s much happier as an involved & acknowledged debate team member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Flacco will not be here next year. You give White more playing time to get better and be that much better of a backup. He will be here for Wilson next year, not Flacco. If the season is "loss" why do you care so much about winning this game? 

White is perfect capable of making throws. He had a bad game against the best defense in the league. He deserved and it makes long term sense to start White. Flacco does nothing for you but produce more empty seats. 

well, i hope you're still going to root for flacco when he plays and wins the game.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people getting carried away with this whole situation. Flacco needs to go out and win on Sunday, then Zach will come back.

Kill the Jets for not having a vet QB the whole time, but starting Flacco doesn't seem like the biggest deal in the world. Just media trying to drive up clicks and the NY media has absolutely nothing else to talk about when it comes to NY Football so...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deeply mismanaged QB situation where it looks like no one is in charge and “the plan” changes day by day, and the head coach ends up looking like the fool of all fools, and the young “franchise” QB looks like an cloistered, overwhelmed puss-puss. It’s hard to **** this up as much as these Jets have. 

That's the real problem with the situation.  It's not even the decision of Flacco > White.  It's the whole chronological debacle that leaves with zero confidence anyone has a clue what they're doing with this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's fair but we were seeing that under White and Johnson for that matter.  Carter had a break out game doing something only him and Kamara have done.  Moore has scored in 4 straight games.  He played bad vs. Buffalo.  Lots of QB's do, they're the #1 D in the league.  Why not continue to start White and just have a shorter leash this game?  And if this is the reasoning, then Flacco is the starter for the rest of the year, no?  He's better than Zach Wilson too. 

And that's other thing that's ridiculous about this situation, how do we know Flacco better?  He hasnt won a Football game in over 2 years.  Mike White won a few weeks ago.

Exactly.   How is it a given that Flacco is going to be such an upgrade after being here for two weeks and not playing since he was here last season.  Not for nothing, he was abysmal against the Dolphins last year.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's the real problem with the situation.  It's not even the decision of Flacco > White.  It's the whole chronological debacle that leaves with zero confidence anyone has a clue what they're doing with this team.

Lest we forget, it’s Flacco over both White and Wilson. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That's fair but we were seeing that under White and Johnson for that matter.  Carter had a break out game doing something only him and Kamara have done.  Moore has scored in 4 straight games.  He played bad vs. Buffalo.  Lots of QB's do, they're the #1 D in the league.  Why not continue to start White and just have a shorter leash this game?  And if this is the reasoning, then Flacco is the starter for the rest of the year, no?  He's better than Zach Wilson too. 

And that's other thing that's ridiculous about this situation, how do we know Flacco will be better?  He hasnt won a Football game in over 2 years.  Mike White won a few weeks ago.

Something else that annoys me about this—if Flacco is such a steady, stabilizing hand and Mike White is this helpless noob, then why didn’t Saleh play Flacco more last week when it was clear White was in over his head? It’s all bullsh*t. This is a case of Woody getting embarrassed by his chums at the Manhattan Club and calling down to Douglas to make a change.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...