Is Wilson mentally weak or is our coach just beyond awful?

kmnj

imagine coming out and stating your highly drafted QB who is going to be "the face of the franchise " has a confidence problem. Is Wilson so soft and weak that he is scared to play or has a "confidence problem" ? I am not sure if Wilson is legit or not but I 100% certain the kid is not short on confidence and if he was the coach should not be outing him which would yes you guessed it lower his confidence even more. 

why the hell would the head coach state in public  about having a confidence problem.  If I was Wilson, I would say hey coach FU - I am confident the schemes you are using are terrible and you might be the worst coach ever and the poor line our GM assembled is going to get me killed. It took me out and then White. 

Joe and Saleh have mismanaged the QB position from day one this year. Wilson should have been sat from day one while Joe put together an actual line where he would not get killed behind instead Joe and Co rolled Wilson out there and even after he got destroyed early on kept throwing him back there. Enter Mike White who Joe and our coach were crowning after one game then after a bad game gave up on him and brought in a washed jag in Flacco that the Jets did not bring back after showing how bad he was last year.

When Flacco gets killed out there this week and shows bad who is next does joe trade to get morgan back again?

• Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

or are our fans impatient and need to let growth take place at the appropriate pace?

I am not the one that said Wilson has a confidence problem. I firmly believe he does not and our coach is a clueless clown that should be fired and should not be stating our qb has a confidence problem in public

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am not the one that said Wilson has a confidence problem. I firmly believe he does not and our coach is a clueless clown that should be fired and should not be stating our qb has a confidence problem in public

I don't disagree with you.  At the same time if Wilson has a confidence problem then.... Wilson has a confidence problem.  What good does hiding it or being afraid to talk about it do?  Mims had stomach problems, Maye has an achilles problem, Wilson has a confidence problem.... that's what they have and when they fix their sh!t they get another chance on the field.  I'm 100% behind Zach Wilson but if he needs to work on something then keep him off the field.  Hackenberg was confident but had an accuracy problem.... Jets were smart to keep him off the field.

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, kmnj said:

imagine coming out and stating your highly drafted QB who is going to be "the face of the franchise " has a confidence problem. Is Wilson so soft and weak that he is scared to play or has a "confidence problem" ? I am not sure if Wilson is legit or not but I 100% certain the kid is not short on confidence and if he was the coach should not be outing him which would yes you guessed it lower his confidence even more. 

why the hell would the head coach state in public  about having a confidence problem.  If I was Wilson, I would say hey coach FU - I am confident the schemes you are using are terrible and you might be the worst coach ever and the poor line our GM assembled is going to get me killed. It took me out and then White. 

Joe and Saleh have mismanaged the QB position from day one this year. Wilson should have been sat from day one while Joe put together an actual line where he would not get killed behind instead Joe and Co rolled Wilson out there and even after he got destroyed early on kept throwing him back there. Enter Mike White who Joe and our coach were crowning after one game then after a bad game gave up on him and brought in a washed jag in Flacco that the Jets did not bring back after showing how bad he was last year.

When Flacco gets killed out there this week and shows bad who is next does joe trade to get morgan back again?

As I said in the other thread, I'm shocked Jets PR hasnt stepped in and helped him with messaging of this situation.  He's making the kid seem like a huge pusswah and not only does that look terrible for masses but it also cant be good for a team that seemingly already doesnt give a **** about playing hard for him.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

in one of the worst stadiums in the league

for a guy telling everyone to relax, if you think a coach factors taking a HC job based on the stadium aesthetics, I would urge you to calm down. Ron Rivera went to Fed Ex Field.....stop with the stadium thing.  

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

for a guy telling everyone to relax, if you think a coach factors taking a HC job based on the stadium aesthetics, I would urge you to calm down. Ron Rivera went to Fed Ex Field.....stop with the stadium thing.  

You should read slower. I didn't mention anything about "aesthetics"

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He's making the kid seem like a huge pusswah and not only does that look terrible for masses but it also cant be good for a team that seemingly already doesnt give a **** about playing hard for him.

I don’t think Saleh minds that at all. Wilson wasn’t his pick, and he’s made a few comments this year that make you think Wilson was forced upon him. One being that Wilson had to “run the plays the way they’re supposed to be run,” then lavishing praise on the way Mike White led the team, and then today telling the world that Wilson is a healthy scratch. I actually don’t mind this—Saleh roughing the kid up a bit—but Saleh is also faced with the fact that his career is now tied to Wilson’s development.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, kmnj said:

i think that could be from a health standpoint. confidence to be able to move and such. i mean is Saleh really that stupid to put that out there if it meant overall confidence? . i guess its all in how you feel about him as how you take those comments. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

As the year goes on and the loses pile up, the pressure seems to be getting to Saleh. The things he says and body language in the press conferences are a little concerning. Part of this is natural, he's prob embarrassed, who wouldn't be. In a 3 week span the owner had to already give him a "vote of confidence" and Rex destroyed him. 

I don't know, I think Saleh is searching for a win in any way possible to get the pressure a little off his bat. But in doing that, he has went from Mr. Patient long term guy, to a guy you can smell panic from. 

I'm still astounded how badly 2021 has gone in so many ways besides win and loses. 

He clearly has rabbit ears and continues to comment on what's being said in the media and fanbase which is a huge weakness.  The dude needs to turn off sports talk radio and ESPN.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You should read slower. I didn't mention anything about "aesthetics"

Then don't understand your point about the "stadium" The facilities of Metlife are pretty modern and legit. They are also know for being top notch with field conditions. You think coaches are concerned about how the stadium looks, how much you pay for a beer or the exit the parking situation?? 

The Atlantic Health Facility (offices and practice field) is all very new, sleek and in an awesome part of NJ. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Then don't understand your point about the "stadium" The facilities of Metlife are pretty modern and legit. They are also know for being top notch with field conditions. You think coaches are concerned about how the stadium looks, how much you pay for a beer or the exit the parking situation?? 

The Atlantic Health Facility (offices and practice field) is all very new, sleek and in an awesome part of NJ. 

It's one of the worst home field advantages in the league. 

The old stadium was 1000 times louder. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

He clearly has rabbit ears and continues to comment on what's being said in the media and fanbase which is a huge weakness.  The dude needs to turn off sports talk radio and ESPN.

Yep, he knows to much. It's like he is listening to the Fan on his commute home or something. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

As the year goes on and the loses pile up, the pressure seems to be getting to Saleh. The things he says and body language in the press conferences are a little concerning. Part of this is natural, he's prob embarrassed, who wouldn't be. In a 3 week span the owner had to already give him a "vote of confidence" and Rex destroyed him. 

I don't know, I think Saleh is searching for a win in any way possible to get the pressure a little off his bat. But in doing that, he has went from Mr. Patient long term guy, to a guy you can smell panic from. 

I'm still astounded how badly 2021 has gone in so many ways besides win and loses. 

so the guy who post the win-loss record every week is surprised that Saleh wants some more wins at any cost.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

As I said in the other thread, I'm shocked Jets PR hasnt stepped in and helped him with messaging of this situation.  He's making the kid seem like a huge pusswah and not only does that look terrible for masses but it also cant be good for a team that seemingly already doesnt give a **** about playing hard for him.

Jets have PR ? Stop throwing me these curves

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Quote was misconstrued by Cimini by the way, here's the full quote 

“He’s progressed well. He’ll be doubtful for the game,” Jets coach Robert Saleh said. “He’s getting better, he’s putting in extra work. He’s getting an individual session at the end of every practice, and some of the receivers sticking behind to make sure he’s getting his work in, to try to get him back not only to full health, but confidence with regards to the knee, his fundamentals, recapturing everything. It’s been a month now since he’s played, and his practices are limited. He gets some snaps with the show team, but it’s not all of them. So we’re just trying to monitor and make sure he gets back to full health and confidence.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/19/robert-saleh-jets-need-zach-wilson-to-get-back-to-full-health-and-confidence/

Oh look, the reactionary lunatics weren't even reacting to an accurate quote. Go figure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

so the guy who post the win-loss record every week is surprised that Saleh wants some more wins at any cost.

Yes, of course, the GM, who single handily ruined this franchise REFUSED to commit to winning, saying it was about getting better. Saleh is his guy, many times Saleh has called the year, a "rebuild", now that reality has set in, and hes getting ripped by the fan base and media he will screw with the roster to win now, except he can't because the roster is still bad. Funny how that works, 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

says the guy who thinks coaches base what team they are going to based off the stadium Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

You don't think coaches care about the quality of their home stadium/home field advantage? MetLife is an abomination. Everyone knows this.

How long do you think about these posts? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

You don't think coaches care about the quality of their home stadium/home field advantage? MetLife is an abomination. Everyone knows this.

How long do you think about these posts? 

They 110 percent don't chose the team they will coach off a stadium 

Double down on coaches chosing teams by stadiums all you want....and grab the clown makeup while you do

36 minutes ago, kmnj said:

In all seriousness, when? where did Saleh say Wilson had a confidence problem?

Do you a link the article/video?  I just want to get a sense of context to try and understand why in the hell ANY coach would EVER say that about ANY player - let alone his 22 year old, rookie QB....

If he came out and publically said, we're not playing ZW or we're handling him differently -  because he has a confidence problem - he should be fired.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1