Is Wilson mentally weak or is our coach just beyond awful?

kmnj

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Wilson is not the problem. Not even close. The problem is the Jets - from the owner, to the GM, to the head coach and the assistant coaches. There's NOBODY on this staff with an ounce of experience. Who didnt see this coming when Wilson was announced the week 1 starter right after he was drafted?

And what made that decision worse was they had a gift and a chance for a do over when White had a big game...they could have easily gave White a few more games and ended the season with Wilson but now they are rushing him back off an injury and just hoping he's a completely different player then he was a month ago and this team with no talent can support him....it's a joke and so are the people who were having spaz sessions about getting him on the field asap.

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't disagree with you.  At the same time if Wilson has a confidence problem then.... Wilson has a confidence problem.  What good does hiding it or being afraid to talk about it do?  Mims had stomach problems, Maye has an achilles problem, Wilson has a confidence problem.... that's what they have and when they fix their sh!t they get another chance on the field.  I'm 100% behind Zach Wilson but if he needs to work on something then keep him off the field.  Hackenberg was confident but had an accuracy problem.... Jets were smart to keep him off the field.

Because it can be seen as a weakness thing. What purpose does it serve to tell the football world that your rookie QB has a confidence problem? Is that going to help this team when he is eventually in the huddle? Players need to trust the QB is in charge of the offense. The only thing that statement is doing is to put doubt in some players heads. It's just another stupid decision by a coach that has already used up his stupid allowances. Saleh is a trash HC. He's worse than Gase. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Asked and answered:

1. How NFL defenses will beat him: Hit him hard early and often, bully him, talk a lot of trash and get under his skin. Dare him to respond. 

Pretty much. Didn’t take hits in college. NFL defenses sniff that out right away if they think you’re soft.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh is knee deep in a lawsuit because he bought a 3 million dollar house that wasn’t turnkey. Not exactly forward thinking.

Actually  he bought a home and hired contractors to renovate it over the summer.  They've been accused of doing shoddy work and of over pricing materials.   Usual contractor nonsense 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Asked and answered:

1. How NFL defenses will beat him: Hit him hard early and often, bully him, talk a lot of trash and get under his skin. Dare him to respond. 

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty much. Didn’t take hits in college. NFL defenses sniff that out right away if they think you’re soft.

To be fair, that’s pretty generic stuff. Of course if a QB is hit hard and a lot he’s going to suck. 

I mean…. Isn’t it obvious it’s both? Of course Zach lacks confidence. He’s spent his entire college career flying the football equivalent of a little prop plane, now he’s sitting at the controls of a Jet airliner and barely knows how to start the thing much less fly it. Add to that a coach that’s stupid enough to air that out in a press conference and here we are so…. yeah, the answer is both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually  he bought a home and hired contractors to renovate it over the summer.  They've been accused of doing shoddy work and of over pricing materials.   Usual contractor nonsense 

lol going through this thread its remarkable how much shyt in it is just flat out made up b.s.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I always laughed when I heard the same exact thing, almost word for word, in regards to Brady, the GOAT.  He doesnt like getting hit.  LOL, like name the QB who does like getting hit and can perform well while getting hit.   

I always laughed when I heard the same exact thing, almost word for word, in regards to Brady, the GOAT.  He doesnt like getting hit.  LOL, like name the QB who does like getting hit and can perform well while getting hit.   

To be fair, young Roethlisberger was kinda the Hulk Hogan of QB’ing. He would take (and sometimes deliver) huge hits that seemingly made him better as the game went on but your point stands.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Saleh runs his mouth way too much

he needs to learn how to answer a question without answering it

the nice guy thing with this media will only backfire on you. 

so tired of rookie head coaches 

Well the only way to not have a rookie HC is to keep the one we have, unfortunately

I don't know if any current HCs would want to go to the Jets

On 11/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Saleh minds that at all. Wilson wasn’t his pick, and he’s made a few comments this year that make you think Wilson was forced upon him. One being that Wilson had to “run the plays the way they’re supposed to be run,” then lavishing praise on the way Mike White led the team, and then today telling the world that Wilson is a healthy scratch. I actually don’t mind this—Saleh roughing the kid up a bit—but Saleh is also faced with the fact that his career is now tied to Wilson’s development.

Who did Saleh want, Josh Rosen?

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Is joe d the foreman on the project?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Barton said:

Zach got his a## handed to him vs Carolina for 3 quarters. He stormed right back in the 4th Q and looked like a QB. Wilson is not soft. Kid just has ZERO help. Literally ZERO. 

“No one can succeed with this supporting cast!”

Mike White has the best game of a Jets QB in 20+ years. “He got lucky!”

13 hours ago, Hex said:

Well the only way to not have a rookie HC is to keep the one we have, unfortunately

I don't know if any current HCs would want to go to the Jets

Might just be time to admit the New York Jets, its fans, and Rex Ryan simply all deserve each other and sign the man to a lifetime contract.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Barton said:

Zach got his a## handed to him vs Carolina for 3 quarters. He stormed right back in the 4th Q and looked like a QB. Wilson is not soft. Kid just has ZERO help. Literally ZERO. 

I agree he doesn't appear to be soft.  He just appears to be overwhelmed and not ready.  

I thought it was very weird and poor choice of words when I heard him say it. 

I mentioned this before during time of injury but the most common result after low-moderate grade PCL injury is instability. It’s not pain. Zach likely has zero pain but just still doesn’t feel 100% “confident” or I would say “stable” when moving on that leg. 

it’s a very subjective symptom and im sure it’s the primary thing they are asking him about when considering if he’s okay to go back. 

it’s tough but he’s young with hopefully a long career ahead and I’d rather him feel strong on that leg before coming back.