Wilson has played 1 game and 1 quarter since the Titans game

Uncle Nicco

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why are you so angry?

I think the basic point is that Wilson has barely played. Why is everyone so sure he’s terrible? It’s just very bizarre. I’ve never seen the fanbase this negative about a new QB

My theory is that people are overcompensating for being so let down by Sam.  People really bought into that guy, and when busted, it broke people. 

Angry? Nicco posts the same things all day - I’m just riffing on it. That’s the game. ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Crazy, right? 

You would think he’s thrown like 8 picks in 3 games (Mike White) since that awesome performance but no, he’s only thrown 1. 

He was obviously off throwing the football vs. Atlanta but he only had 1 turnover (same as future HoF Mac Jones) and led a comeback to within 3 points with 7 mins to go only to have the defense choke it away. 

Then he was looking sharp against NE with several accurate 3rd down completions and two scoring drives (missed FG and drove to 1 yard line) before getting hurt.

Great post. 

so many here are missing this. ZW has been progressing.  There’s going to be ups and downs but he has been getting better.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't think there is much of a disagreement about how he has played so far. He's bad by most objective measures. The question is how long of a leash are you willing to give him because the sample size is small. I think people that are more bulllish about his potential are willing to be much more patient. People that weren't huge believers in the first place are willing to give him a much shorter leash. At the end of the day, if you are a Jet fan (or "casual observer" as I consider myself these days) you are better off if Wilson pans out. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Crazy, right? 

You would think he’s thrown like 8 picks in 3 games (Mike White) since that awesome performance but no, he’s only thrown 1. 

He was obviously off throwing the football vs. Atlanta but he only had 1 turnover (same as future HoF Mac Jones) and led a comeback to within 3 points with 7 mins to go only to have the defense choke it away. 

Then he was looking sharp against NE with several accurate 3rd down completions and two scoring drives (missed FG and drove to 1 yard line) before getting hurt.

Let's see how he does against the no-account Texans Defense next week. 

Presuming he's healthy by then.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Wilson has barely played. This is true. He’s only played in what, 5 games. 

However when he has played he has literally shown nothing to prove that he could be a potential franchise qb. He looks terrible out there. He Makes horrible decisions. Has Horrible mechanics and footwork. And struggles to complete a 5 yard out. He makes a routine nfl play look extremely difficult. 

nothing would make me happier than Zach Wilson being a legit qb in this league. We all want the same thing here. But he hasn’t shown me anything yet.  

I’ve been burned so many times by the jets. I can’t buy in blindly any more. Nothing they do excites me. I need on the field results. And so far saleh and Wilson have shown nothing. 

“Nothing”… ok you see what you want to see (or not see)

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’ve been burned so many times by the jets. I can’t buy in blindly any more. Nothing they do excites me. I need on the field results. And so far saleh and Wilson have shown nothing. 

i think thats why alot of you guys are so negative. you been burnt too often. if Zach didnt start with a 300 yd game with 3 TDs then he was going to be like Sam....or Geno...or Mark...or.... . and he would have to keep doing it or...he was going to be like Sam...or like...ok you get the drift.

i tend to think it has to change for us sooner or later. and when it does its going to be great. to watch a team go from nothing to something special.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Look, he’s a one year wonder from a school with very low quality competition. He’s basically stepped of a moped and onto a Ducati. He was not very good the season prior, so to put that into context the lightbulb to catch up to BYU competition just went off for this kid. I just do not believe in one year wonder QB’s from obscure schools unless they have freakish talent and Zach does not. Josh Allen has freakish size and athleticism to go with a cannon of an arm. That’s something he can hang his hat on while he learns the NFL game and you see how it’s paid off. Zach doesn’t have that. He’s not making plays with his legs and he can’t take the hits Allen can. It’s going to take him a very long time to learn and catch up to the NFL game and frankly I don’t think he will because he’s got nothing else to lean on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Look, he’s a one year wonder from a school with very low quality competition. He’s basically stepped of a moped and onto a Ducati. He was not very good the season prior, so to put that into context the lightbulb to catch up to BYU competition just went off for this kid. I just do not believe in one year wonder QB’s from obscure schools unless they have freakish talent and Zach does not. Josh Allen has freakish size and athleticism to go with a cannon of an arm. That’s something he can hang his hat on while he learns the NFL game and you see how it’s paid off. Zach doesn’t have that. He’s not making plays with his legs and he can’t take the hits Allen can. It’s going to take him a very long time to learn and catch up to the NFL game and frankly I don’t think he will because he’s got nothing else to lean on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The only thing you've said in this post that is true is that Zach Wilson is not Josh Allen's size. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

My theory is that people are overcompensating for being so let down by Sam.  People really bought into that guy, and when busted, it broke people. 

Bigger picture, it feels like the Jets learned nothing from their handling of the previous young QBs that bust out here, and the handling of Wilson is a continuation of that, but this time it’s by stupider people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I just finished a pint of ice cream. Me love ice cream.  I opened the container and there was a rat turd sitting about an inch down.  I love ice cream so I scraped out the turd got a new spoon because I’m a little OCD and ate the rest of it.  Delicious.  

In this allegory  the Jets represent the turd.  The ice cream expired in 1969 and I love ice cream so much I’ll eat it anyway. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s all 100% true. The kid was battling for the starting job in camp at BYU last year.

It's not even close. Zach Wilson has a cannon of an arm and he can make plays with his legs, he did it plenty at BYU if you watched any of his games (which, based on his analysis, I doubt he did). He runs like a 4.5. Kid's an athlete. 

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's not even close. Zach Wilson has a cannon of an arm and he can make plays with his legs, he did it plenty at BYU if you watched any of his games. He runs like a 4.5. Kid's an athlete. 

Dude gets regularly chased down and beaten to death by nose tackles. He never ran the 40 in pre-draft workouts, and that “4.5” number came from John Beck, his trainer. He only looks like he’s running fast because he’s so tiny. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dude gets regularly chased down and beaten to death by nose tackles

LOL cmon this is something you say when you know that neither one of you is going back to watch every play from all five games of his NFL career and then looking at the specific reason why on he was tackled.

Or when you know that you're DEFINITELY not going and looking at every play from the five years of the guy he's being compared to.

And I'm not even sure what beaten to death even means is that like a PFF thing, or what?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Josh Allen has never been tackled by a nose tackle under any circumstances, correct? 

Zach Wilson is more athletic than him, he's just not as big and we've already spent years establishing you as an inveterate size queen.

If Josh Allen was running toward me, I’d feel like I was about to get run over by a freight train with disappointing views on race and culture.

If Zach Wilson was running toward me, I’d feel like I was about to be kissed in an airport by a very romantic frenchman who hadn’t seen me for a long time. 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dude gets regularly chased down and beaten to death by nose tackles. He never ran the 40 in pre-draft workouts, and that “4.5” number came from John Beck, his trainer. He only looks like he’s running fast because he’s so tiny. 

Thats because he was pounded and stopped stepping up in the pocket.  He’s been bailing out backwards and rolling right instinctively.  It’s on tape.  He needs to adjust.   The D knows where to find him.  He’s a rookie and he’s reverted to instinct.  He’s a very good athlete with very good speed.  He’s not dictating to the d.  He doesn’t know what to do yet.  He will either figure it out or wash out.  It’s not about ability he has it.  It’s about processing speed, mental toughness and trust in his teammates.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He’s not dictating to the d.

1. cc: @joewilly12

He doesn’t know what to do yet.  He will either figure it out or wash out.  

2. Agreed he looks extremely raw, but has obvious tools. My contention all along was that the Jets were going to be a bad spot for a player like this because it was going to take a strategic, unified approach to getting him ready to play and the Jets were going to **** it up, and they have. Kudos to Wilson for not breaking down yet, but his hardest days are ahead of him. I honestly feel bad for the young lad.

It’s about processing speed, mental toughness and trust in his teammates

3. These elements are massive and two of them are innate. I think Wilson has shown some mental toughness, but we haven’t seen the processing speed, and his teammates sure were excited about Mike White a few weeks ago. And now the org is letting him take another week off for an injury that didn’t require an IR stint, so you have to hope Wilson isn’t just some manicured poof. IMO, it’s a bad look that they’re holding him out. The best QBs play every week with their limbs falling off, but Wilson can’t get out there because he lacks confidence in his knee? 

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He can run but not fast and hasn’t shown to be elusive as a runner. Pretty good making people miss in the backfield to extend plays but once he commits to running the plays is pretty  much over. I think he knows that and that’s why he tends to launch the ball into good coverage a bit. 

• Upvote 4