Wilson has played 1 game and 1 quarter since the Titans game

Uncle Nicco

Just now, The Crusher said:

He can run but not fast and hasn’t shown to be elusive as a runner. Pretty good making people miss in the backfield to extend plays but once he commits to running the plays is pretty  much over. I think he knows that and that’s why he tends to launch the ball into good coverage a bit. 

Yeah, I found it weird early on that he never looked to run downfield with the ball and I presumed that was an edict from the coaches, but now I think it’s because he’s just not physically ready to take the beating he would take if he were to step across the line of scrimmage. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I found it weird early on that he never looked to run downfield with the ball and I presumed that was an edict from the coaches, but now I think it’s because he’s just not physically ready to take the beating he would take if he were to step across the line of scrimmage. 

That’s the odd thing to me as well. Since it’s likely some version  of this then you would think he would embrace the quick  short pass game to get the ball out of his hands quicker and live to play another play. Instead he runs around until the pressure is close and throws the ball into double converse or gets sacked and in the Patriot game hurt. Also I’m confused at what happen to his short throw accuracy, I know it was there at one time. I go to bed each night, eat my 18 inch pastrami sub on my pillow and hope it’s just a matter of the game being a little too fast for him right now. I would feel better about it if the coaching staff has done this before as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Dude gets regularly chased down and beaten to death by nose tackles. He never ran the 40 in pre-draft workouts, and that “4.5” number came from John Beck, his trainer. He only looks like he’s running fast because he’s so tiny. 

Not actually true. His TDs against the Titans were him literally outrunning a DE to the outside while looking up and trying to find a receiver. I also don’t buy that he runs a 4.5… probably a 4.7 with decent quickness. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Crazy, right? 

You would think he’s thrown like 8 picks in 3 games (Mike White) since that awesome performance but no, he’s only thrown 1. 

He was obviously off throwing the football vs. Atlanta but he only had 1 turnover (same as future HoF Mac Jones) and led a comeback to within 3 points with 7 mins to go only to have the defense choke it away. 

Then he was looking sharp against NE with several accurate 3rd down completions and two scoring drives (missed FG and drove to 1 yard line) before getting hurt.

So what is your point?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s very adept at running backwards 20 yards.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Go figure it out yourself 

You cherry pick a bunch of moments where he played ok and made a new post for what? You have been posting this same trash for weeks. Why the need to start a new thread. He has more bad moments than good ones. Even in the Titans game he screwed up badly missing a pass I could have completed to Davis that would have won the game before OT. The kid needs to clean up a lot of stuff. And he didn't  drive the team to the one yard line in NE. QB's don't get credit for PI or he would have been awarded the yardage. 

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Not actually true. His TDs against the Titans were him literally outrunning a DE to the outside while looking up and trying to find a receiver. I also don’t buy that he runs a 4.5… probably a 4.7 with decent quickness. 

I was just trying to get @Gastineau Lives fired up because that’s when he creates his best content/gets banned for life. I’d agree that he’s a nimble 4.7 guy, but that 4.5 number was just the magical pre-draft hype machine doing its thing, which always leads to eye-rolling takes, even long after those takes have been dispelled. Remember how Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton Manning because Leaf was more “alpha”?

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That’s the odd thing to me as well. Since it’s likely some version  of this then you would think he would embrace the quick  short pass game to get the ball out of his hands quicker and live to play another play. Instead he runs around until the pressure is close and throws the ball into double converse or gets sacked and in the Patriot game hurt. Also I’m confused at what happen to his short throw accuracy, I know it was there at one time. I go to bed each night, eat my 18 inch pastrami sub on my pillow and hope it’s just a matter of the game being a little too fast for him right now. I would feel better about it if the coaching staff has done this before as well. 

I think, at some point, Wilson started tuning out LaFleur, reverted to what he was doing at BYU, and that’s why they had to bring Beck in—to act as an intermediary. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

You cherry pick a bunch of moments where he played ok and made a new post for what? You have been posting this same trash for weeks. Why the need to start a new thread. He has more bad moments than good ones. Even in the Titans game he screwed up badly missing a pass I could have completed to Davis that would have won the game before OT. The kid needs to clean up a lot of stuff. And he didn't  drive the team to the one yard line in NE. QB's don't get credit for PI or he would have been awarded the yardage. 

I did not cherry pick a single thing. I am speaking about his last 3 games. Every QB on earth has bad moments even in their best game. You expect perfection? You’re embarrassing yourself.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was just trying to get @Gastineau Lives fired up because that’s when he creates his best content/gets banned for life. I’d agree that he’s a nimble 4.7 guy, but that 4.5 number was just the magical pre-draft hype machine doing its thing, which always leads to eye-rolling takes, even long after those takes have been dispelled. Remember how Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton Manning because Leaf was more “alpha”?

I think, at some point, Wilson started tuning out LaFleur, reverted to what he was doing at BYU, and that’s why they had to bring Beck in—to act as an intermediary. 

Second drive as a Jet 

@ :45 

Brian Burns runs 4.5

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

I did not cherry pick a single thing. I am speaking about his last 3 games. Every QB on earth has bad moments even in their best game. You expect perfection? You’re embarrassing yourself.

Perfection? Expecting  a pro QB to complete a 10 yard pass where there is no pressure on him and the receiver is wide open  is not asking for perfection. The Tn. Game he was bad Zack in the first half, the second half is good Zack. Playing good for an entire game is not asking for perfection. Scoring a single point in the first qrt his entire career as short it is is not asking for perfection, it is asking for functionality.  

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

So because our last QB progressed and failed every QB that progresses will fail? Do you have dementia? 

Boy, you just can't have a conversation without making personal  attacks when someone takes an opposing  position to your messiah can you. Want to bring my mother into this conversation again? 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And you could have said the same thing for Sam in his first two seasons.  

Sure. Absolutely. Sam  did get better, he just never got over his dumbness.  
Zach mat not get there either - but he was showing progress and that all we should be asking from a rookie in his situation. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Perfection? Expecting  a pro QB to complete a 10 yard pass where there is no pressure on him and the receiver is wide open  is not asking for perfection. The Tn. Game he was bad Zack in the first half, the second half is good Zack. Playing good for an entire game is not asking for perfection. Scoring a single point in the first qrt his entire career as short it is is not asking for perfection, it is asking for functionality.  

Yea you’re right, beating the best team in football and throwing for 250 yards in the second half has a huge asterisk because the offense in its entirety (remember Corey Davis dropping balls and slipping) was awful in the first half. Let me guess, you think fields had a great game last week though right? No one is claiming that Wilson is a finished product. Go seek help.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Sure. Absolutely. Sam  did get better, he just never got over his dumbness.  
Zach mat not get there either - but he was showing progress and that all we should be asking from a rookie in his situation. 

I really hope you are right. IMO we haven't  seen a whole lot of smart QB play this season. 

Burns is running full stride upfield, has to turn on a dime, stumbles out of the break, and still almost catches him. 

Haha how else do pass rushers pass rush? Up field? Brian Burns is as athletic as it gets at the position and he makes him look foolish. There are like 3 other QBs in the NFL that can get out of that sack. Keep discrediting him though. It’s funny how you hate Wilson because he’s “maga” yet you spread fake news about him. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The better Zach-fan take from this video is that the Jets, in Wilson’s first start, somehow allowed Brian Burns to come unblocked all day long. 

You haven’t realized this? All of Wilson’s snaps are available on YouTube. There isn’t a single drive that doesn’t contain one of these:

a) a blown OL assignment 

b) a dropped ball

c) a penalty 

d) 1st or 2nd down run for a loss 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really hope you are right. IMO we haven't  seen a whole lot of smart QB play this season. 

I agree.  
but, by all accounts, he is a smart kid.  I really do think he’s than most believe.  More than anything, I think, he needs to get off his first read sooner.  Get off that read a d get to the check down faster   Hope ge learned from White  

Sam was always a dolt.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

You haven’t realized this? All of Wilson’s snaps are available on YouTube. There isn’t a single drive that doesn’t contain one of these:

a) a blown OL assignment 

b) a dropped ball

c) a penalty 

d) 1st or 2nd down run for a loss 

Not only have I realized this, I predicted it in May and said we shouldn’t subject the wee sheltered lad from Utah to this garbage-ass franchise and its bumbling pack of rookie coaches. I feel legitimately bad for Zach Wilson at this point. They should have let him go to the 49ers. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Yea you’re right, beating the best team in football and throwing for 250 yards in the second half has a huge asterisk because the offense in its entirety (remember Corey Davis dropping balls and slipping) was awful in the first half. Let me guess, you think fields had a great game last week though right? No one is claiming that Wilson is a finished product. Go seek help.

It sure seems like you are trying to make this case or why start a thread like this. Zach has to clean a lot of stuff up. I certainly think he can be good but I am not out here highlighting just what he has done well as you are doing. I was as invested  in Sam as anyone. So were you. And it's true on draft day I wanted Fields but truth being told, I have watched maybe 2 qrts. Of the Bears all season. I couldn't  give 2 ? about Fields now. Zach on the other hand I am invested in. When I see Zach for what, 5 games and then see two other QB's function better in 2 of 3 games, that is telling to me. That might mean he isn't  coachable. Hopefully he isn't  as dumb as our last QB.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It sure seems like you are trying to make this case or why start a thread like this. Zach has to clean a lot of stuff up. I certainly think he can be good but I am not out here highlighting just what he has done well as you are doing. I was as invested  in Sam as anyone. So were you. And it's true on draft day I wanted Fields but truth being told, I have watched maybe 2 qrts. Of the Bears all season. I couldn't  give 2 ? about Fields now. Zach on the other hand I am invested in. When I see Zach for what, 5 games and then see two other QB's function better in 2 of 3 games, that is telling to me. That might mean he isn't  coachable. Hopefully he isn't  as dumb as our last QB.

Seriously go get checked out, worried about you. 

This is going to be a douche take, but Wilson wasn’t that great against the Titans. Here’s the highlights—ball is late, inaccurate, and he got bailed out on two deep balls where the Titans DBs screwed the pooch. On one, they left two Jets wide open deep, and on the Corey Davis bomb, they simply didn’t react to the ball. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is going to be a douche take, but Wilson wasn’t that great against the Titans. Here’s the highlights—ball is late, inaccurate, and he got bailed out on two deep balls where the Titans DBs screwed the pooch. On one, they left two Jets wide open deep, and on the Corey Davis bomb, they simply didn’t react to the ball. 

Thanks Tom, seeing that actually makes me think there is a chance he works out. Would be nice if he starts a game lime this when he cones back. 

Lmao at least you admit that you’re a douche, both those deep balls were perfect dimes.